• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

According to Golin/Harris, and according to the guy I get all my Zelda info from, Twilight Princess for Wii will ask you for your "style" of control when you start up a file. You can choose Lefty or Righty. On the GCN version, slated for release later this year, Link will only be a Lefty.

Anyone with half an eye and decent Zelda knowledge would see the "Righty" Link model is a mirrored model of the Lefty - everyone on Link is "flipped".

So, while you're still there, speak to an NOA rep and get this confirmed yourself since you don't believe me. Sure, it's okay initially to go "he's a righty!" like most of us did. But most of us within a few minutes realized what was up, and calmed the heck down. You should ammend the article to include the most accurate info.

Good news. I'm ambidestrum, so I'll use the left hand.

Mr. TV Goggles said:
Yes, but how big is it?

ninten04.jpg

Peru

Looking ahead towards my local conference, the European one. Tomorrow at 12, then? Outside of price and date I expect one new game shown, the Aerobics one. Not interesting for me, but it's interesting to see what they've chosen concerning pack-in Wii Sports and price.

SuperPac

Nameless said:
I guess this kills the notion that Nintendo is the only company that is actually "about the gamers". :lol

You could level that against any of the current hardware manufacturers for their various "missteps." It still stands to reason that Nintendo is screwing people less or just as much as anyone else. Or did everyone suddenly forget Microsoft's accessory price raping, $60+ games, two SKUs (one gimped), and Sony's two SKUs, feature-removing, rumble-removing, Euro-launch delay, and minimized shipments? By anyone else's standards Nintendo is launching as golden. The biggest disappointment is price, but people set themselves up for that.

Nameless

Duderz said:
And who exactly said that?

Newsflash: Nintendo is here to make MONEY.

Yeah, but its extremely counter productive. They've taken an entirely different approach that the competition with the Wii, yet they still want to inflate the price. The $199.99 price point is the only way they had a chance IMO(although still a slim one) to really compete againt 360 and PS3 in the western territories. And they kill that why? To increase the attach rate and slightly improve profits.

thefro

Nameless said:
Yeah, but its extremely counter productive. They've taken an entirely different approach that the competition with the Wii, yet they still want to inflate the price. The $199.99 price point is the only way they had a chance IMO(although still a slim one) to really compete againt 360 and PS3 in the western territories. And they kill that why? To increase the attach rate and slightly improve profits.

They're going to sell out all the units they can ship to NA/Europe over the first few months, so why sell it for $200? It's called "Supply and Demand".

They'll put out a SKU at $180 or $200 without Wii Sports for Q2/summer 2007 once they can ship more than they are selling. Any of you guys would do the same thing if you were in their shoes.

I'm not mad about it personally, because I was going to buy Wii Sports anyway, and it means less idiots to fight at launch.

Model 500

Read the whole thread, seen the pics and some vids. Great stuff.

Expert controls in MP3 look much better, the turning seems fast enough. The space cut scene was full of atmosphere. I would, however, prefer a strictly no-communication style to the game, and way more cold-but-warm alien / surreal surroundings and colours. The classic Metroid style is rooted deep in my gaming soul. Not that fussed about the 2007 announcement, my wallet am cry already...

SMG & Zelda, wow. BWii pics looks great as well. Pictures and vids of Excite Truck look better and better, a sure buy. Red Steel, still waiting for vids, but I'm really looking forward to playing it, I like the sound effects (weapons). The marble game looked fun and challenging, worth a mention how the guy struggled a bit with the controls at first, died, started the level again and played MUCH better the second time around, only couple of seconds after the first try, a good sign in a game like this.

:)

Duderz

Banned
Nameless said:

Ridiculous. The sheer amount of systems available at launch and post compared to the PS3, especially in Japan, will allow them to compete.

Jesus, I read this thread 3 hours later and people are still comparing the price of the Wii as being close to purchasing a 360 or PS3 without factoring in games, extra controllers, wireless (not needed for the Xbox360, but the Wii is including it), HDD (for Xbox360), whatever else the PS3 will require etc. It's not like you are going to just go out and buy the gimped versions of both the Xbox360 and PS3 without anything else. Purchasing a Xbox360 and PS3 is going to cost way more then $300, $400, $500,or $600, you still have to buy more shit for it.

BuzzJive

Nameless said:

They will sell out this year at $249. Gone. Selling it for $50 less isn't going to give them any better sell through. Once supply has caught up with demand (March maybe?), they can hit the $199 price.

If you don't like the price - wait. The longer you wait - the better deal you will get - just like most technology.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
DefectiveReject said:
HA HA HA who needs wall guy!
Took me a sec to see that. But really this is EA we're talking about...

BuzzJive said:
They will sell out this year at $249. Gone. Selling it for $50 less isn't going to give them any better sell through. Once supply has caught up with demand (March maybe?), they can hit the $199 price.

If you don't like the price - wait. The longer you wait - the better deal you will get - just like most technology.
Shhh! Don't throw logic into this! You'll only confuse him!

fresquito

Jive Turkey said:
Took me a sec to see that. But really this is EA we're talking about...
Don't see the problem there. Like you're going to realise while playing...

For once I'd say EA is doing a fine job.

sonikokaruto said:
it won't work, stop it
i want you to buy Wii, but not this game, it can too make you severely disabled

fresquito said:
Don't see the problem there. Like you're going to realise while playing...

For once I'd say EA is doing a fine job.

But on an official screenshot press release?

fresquito

DefectiveReject said:
But on an official screenshot press release?
Not a big deal for me. At least you kinow the screenshot isn't touched up. I'm aware the game will have clipping, like about every game. And having the 2005 version on Cube, I'm yet to realise while playing.

Jiggy

Nameless said:
To be fair, as much as I hate the cost (outside of Japan), the DS started at a pretty unattractive price point too, but somehow still took off and beat the PSP everywhere. Maybe Nintendo is hoping lightning will strike twice, especially since the price difference between Wii and 360/PS3 is $50-250 more than the difference between DS and PSP started out.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
There arent ANY Red Steel videos?

I really wanna see if the "new control scheme" balleywhoo actually panned out...

Ya know, since no Prime 3 at launch and all.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Wasn't the UK event held today? Any news from that one? Also, Reggie mentioned some games that people hadn't seen before. Which titles were he talking about?

Duderz

Banned
John Harker said:
There arent ANY Red Steel videos?

I really wanna see if the "new control scheme" balleywhoo actually panned out...

Ya know, since no Prime 3 at launch and all.

Seriously, no impressions either. Those screens look to be the best yet...

cybamerc said:
Wasn't the UK event held today? Any news from that one? Also, Reggie mentioned some games that people hadn't seen before. Which titles were he talking about?

It's tommorow morning :)

Duderz said:
Seriously, no impressions either. Those screens look to be the best yet...

Ya I know. What gives? I want to hear about this new Zelda demo.

Vashu

cybamerc said:

Nope, tomorrow.. The 15th at 12 PM British Summer Time.

Bebpo said:
So Japan conference had launch titles listed, but US launch titles are left in the dark?

Durring the conference Reggie and Perrin would only confirm the Nintendo launch titles and said people should ask the devs on the floor about their own games.

So, I really don't get all the shit Nintendo's getting for the $250 price tag.

The difference between $200 and $250 is not going to make a difference at retail. The fact remains that when "casuals" go shopping this Christmas they are going to see the Wii at $250 with what looks like 5 games included in the box(tennis, basball, golf, bowling, boxing), as opposed to the 360 and PS3 at much higher prices without games packed-in. Than there is the fact that the Wii only comes in one configuration, making the whole thing less scary and threatening to "casuals" who are not used to various configurations in tech sort of things. They want to know that ecerything they need is in the box, and with the Wii they get that. Plug and play, you know.

The Wii will sell out everywhere.

At 4 million systems the difference between $200 and $250 is $200,000,000 for Nintendo.
Any healthy company would have made a similar decision.

Bebpo said:
So Japan conference had launch titles listed, but US launch titles are left in the dark?

Gamespot says that the following games are confirmed launch titles:

Zelda: TP
Excite Truck
Wii Sports
Call of Duty 3
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Rapala Tournament Fishing
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
World Series of Poker
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Madden NFL 07
Need for Speed: Carbon
Elebits
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Far Cry: Vengeance
GT Pro Series
Monster 4x4: World Circuit
Open Season
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Red Steel
Splinter Cell: DA

It would seem a tad excessive if all those Activision and Ubi titles actually made launch, but we'll see how things turn out.

Father_Brain said:

Excite Truck
Wii Sports
Call of Duty 3
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
World Series of Poker
Madden NFL 07
Elebits
GT Pro Series
Open Season
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Red Steel

It would seem a tad excessive if all those Activision and Ubi titles actually made launch, but we'll see how things turn out.
I'm not particularly impressed by the third-party stuff if this is the launch lineup, I'd probably just get the 2 first party games to go with Wii Sports and stick with that for awhile.

EDIT: I wonder if Monkey Ball will make it, not on the list....

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Seeing more of that Sonic game has me fairly interested now. I know it's on rails (to a degree), but it DOES look like fun. My question is, what's the framerate? I'm hoping that it's 60 fps. I could forgive the low resolution if they are doing 60 fps.

Wink

BuzzJive said:

Taken they are really shipping 4 million consoles this year... Does Anyone think they will sell 4m Wii's in essentially one month?

RaidenZR

Father_Brain said:

Excite Truck
Wii Sports
Call of Duty 3
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
World Series of Poker
Madden NFL 07
Elebits
GT Pro Series
Open Season
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Red Steel

Where the eff is Monkey Ball?

Top Bottom