• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

dyls

suaveric said:
I'm just pissed that there's no value for the consumer with what Nintendo has done. It's really no different than EB Games forcing you to buy Fantavision with your PS2 at launch.

The Wii is retailing for $200 in Japan (remember that their quoted price already includes Japan's taxes). If Nintendo had sold the Sports bundle with an extra controller for 250, that would be OK. if they had sold the current bundle for 230, that would be OK. But instead they've given us the wonderful package of the system and a game for full retail price. thanks Nintendo!

Not to mention the fac that they rounded up the controller costs in the US. Wii-mote + nunchuk is equivalent to about $50 US in Japan, not $60.

But again, region free bitches...:D

Flo_Evans

SuperPac said:
They have plenty of time to go for the jugular though. In fact it may be better to go for the jugular next summer or next holiday season.

Oh I agree, it makes sense for them. For me as a consumer its more than I expected. Its not gonna break my bank, but it stings a little knowing that they are gonna make a killing on these suckers. It also makes me a little hesitant knowing a price drop is probably less than 6 months away, but its hard to deny that I want one now. So I will probably pay the $250.

edit: I have to admit I <3 the region free! I paid extra to import SCII for my cube just so I could have it early... thats almost how I look at paying $250 for the wii.

Wii!!!

wii.gif

I'm still going to buy it.

so i just woke up and this question has probably been asked

but is there a place where i can download the actual conference video? japan us or otherwise?

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I guess it all boils down to if you like WiiSports or not. It's definitely a move that will appeal to the casual gaming crowd over people like us at GAF. Smart business move by Nintendo, bad for us.

gaffers are complete whinners, diss the wii all you want, but it still looks better than the 360 or ps3 lunch line up. zeld abasically cleans the pack. 360 had abosolutely nothing fo rgood months.

jdforge

Banned
lol

Did anyone catch the Wii pages over at IGN

It read something like

oMfG!! MeGAtoN Hits!!

blah blah blah - then the screen refreshed and back to normal

Darmstadtium

Bandwagoner
So does anyone know where I can find any info on this Donkey Kong Racing game? Is it the same one that Rare was developing for the gamecube?

Hero

MaestroRyan said:
250 = Wii

250 = Gears of War, Phantasy Star Universe, Lego Star Wars, Xbox Live Vision, Microsoft Points

uhm... yeah...

WTF is this supposed to mean?

Apples = Oranges

?

helium121

Banned
Just got a call from Gamestop's automated service. They will start reserves on Zelda Wii tomorrow. 20% extra for trades toward it. I got the call because I have the Gamecube version reserved.

No news on Wii reserves though.

thirty

Banned
in less than 24 hours i've already changed my mind about the Wii. The videos did it. I WANT ONE!!!!! the games will be so much damn fun with me and the lady. :lol

MaestroRyan said:
250 = Wii

250 = Gears of War, Phantasy Star Universe, Lego Star Wars, Xbox Live Vision, Microsoft Points

uhm... yeah...

All those things are useless without spending 300-400$ for the xbox360 so...?

ant1532

Banned
Himuro said:
I hate Nintendo threads. You want information, but the threads have like 3000 posts in 5 minutes so it's impossible to find any through the fanboy cum truck drive in block your way.
1st post?

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
MaestroRyan said:
250 = Wii

uhm... yeah...

600 = ps3

600 = shit load of wii games

400 = 360

400 = shit load of wii games

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!

IJoel

Well, the APOCALYPSE is over and Nintendo didn't disappoint in letting me down. Oh, and I don't mean the price, which while expensive for the outdated tech, is not that big of a deal to me. I guess, I expected real good surprises out of this.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Himuro said:
I hate Nintendo threads. You want information, but the threads have like 3000 posts in 5 minutes so it's impossible to find any through the fanboy cum truck drive in block your way.
The first post has all the important information summarized.

Darmstadtium

Bandwagoner
thefro said:
Same game, it's been moved to Wii
Oh, I didn't know that, thanks. I wish it was the old version that rare was developing instead, though.

What was the point in Nintendo announcing this and super paper mario for GC anyway? Just to get GC owners excited over Wii games? lol

Top Bottom