• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Just tried Stormtalon's Lair for the first time, we got our asses handed to us lol. Most of us were 17-18. First pack with the Shaman and Sentinel wiped us 5-6 times easily. Me and a buddy are gonna retry it again in another level or two.

How does the armor count work. if a mob has for example a 1, you first have to clear his armor with a -1 armor reduction move before a stun can go effective?

If he has 1 interrupt armor, you need to hit him with 2 stuns to interrupt him.

Each stun removes an interrupt armor but they will regen over time

lexi

Banned
Goddamn I wish I rolled Medic to begin with. I already have more combat variety and fun combining abilities with my Medic at level 6 then I do with my Esper at level 20.

I'd be in MMO heaven if I could have had an Aurin Medic though.

Guest pass here, quote to reveal. Might add a second later, just need to check if a friend still wanted it. - NA

EDIT: Asking again, if I start a new character and abandon my Level 15 will I have all the gold etc on my new character?

Kali Ma

Neo Member
I have 3 North American Guest Passes for those of you who are curious:

P0WSPER2LHYX1KNARQIE
P0WVUC3GM8I0OWVWQ7SX
P0WXHUYZ2ESQ3H0IH1EE

Nirran

One NA Guess pass left (quote to reveal)

Queues still being high on Pergo tonight. Sitting at 3k when I logged on at 8pm. Down to 900 so should be in soon. Considering transferring but Rowsdower might ended up overpopulated from transfers too.

Tokubetsu

Goddamn I wish I rolled Medic to begin with. I already have more combat variety and fun combining abilities with my Medic at level 6 then I do with my Esper at level 20.

I'd be in MMO heaven if I could have had an Aurin Medic though.

Yeah, I finally started on my warrior (i know) alt and at lvl 6 she's way more fun than my 17 Esper.

I do recommend people put on "hold to cast" or w/e though. Game feels a lot better to me now.

oakenhild

Two NA Guess passes here (quote to reveal)

Queues still being high on Pergo tonight. Sitting at 3k when I logged on at 8pm. Down to 900 so should be in soon. Considering transferring but Rowsdower might ended up overpopulated from transfer too.

Thank you very much, used the first code.

Totakeke

Guest pass here, quote to reveal. Might add a second later, just need to check if a friend still wanted it. - NA

EDIT: Asking again, if I start a new character and abandon my Level 15 will I have all the gold etc on my new character?

Used yours, thanks.

All the other codes below yours have already been used up.

llotus

Neo Member
Snagged a guest pass. I can't remember who I got it from but I wanted to say thanks. Sorry for not remembering whose I used but know that I appreciate those that offered up their passes for people.

:3

Alur

Queues still being high on Pergo tonight. Sitting at 3k when I logged on at 8pm. Down to 900 so should be in soon. Considering transferring but Rowsdower might ended up overpopulated from transfers too.

Rowsdower showing as medium right now with the even Orias (which has always been medium) at high. Seems like everyone is playing chicken and waiting.

EDIT: Is there a way to search who's on in a guild you aren't in? Like /who NeoGAF or what have you in WoW or SWTOR, for example.

ExVicis

Are there any other Gaf guilds that are exiles? I was hoping to both level on a PvP server and maybe hang out with some Gaffers but I'm not sure if I want to be Dominion.

kunu

If anyone has a guest pass I'd love to have one. I'm pretty curious about the game and wanna try it out. Thanks!

I'm not happy with the Engineer so far. I'm only level four but this first bot is useless. Not only does it not help at all in combat but it got stuck at some point as I was making my way to where I needed to be. I was constantly going in and out of combat and I could see from its life bar that it was fighting but it'd never die. Is there a way to destroy or summon bots?

th4tguy

Basically what these guys said. I hope guest pass begging isn't frowned upon.

I've been burned by too many mmos to buy another this early, but I can't get over how cool this game looks. I also would like to know if anyone has an extra pass they are willing to share. Thanks

Ri'Orius

Reposting the list now that codes are being given away:

NA Trial/Friend Code List:

jdavid459
Fletcher
AnimeFantasy
Ri'Orius
Firehead
Jolkien
Roy G. Biv
HarryDemeanor
LogicalFallacy
Foaloal
th4tguy

Later people who want to be on the list, please copy/paste the list in its entirety (including these rules) and add yourself to the end. Our heroic and handsome code-givers, please also copy/paste the list with strike tags to indicate those to whom you generously gave your codes.

jdavid459
Fletcher
AnimeFantasy
Ri'Orius
Firehead
Jolkien
Roy G. Biv
HarryDemeanor
LogicalFallacy
Foaloal
th4tguy
WonkyPanda

Later people who want to be on the list, please copy/paste the list in its entirety (including these rules) and add yourself to the end. Our heroic and handsome code-givers, please also copy/paste the list with strike tags to indicate those to whom you generously gave your codes.

Here are some more:

I3FKBUC0ZX7E19SQBIZJ
I3FPP2UL9YS6DOXXW4L8
I3G0O5EABIRXS5CW4QK2

O0L6P1ELHJE72JIUADYJ
O0LAXBB3TQ0WPWUA8USX
O0LJSEAIP6QRWBA3C27H

enjoy.

Ri'Orius

How long does the trials last?

Seven days.

Although another question: does it start when you redeem the code, or when you first log in? I'm busy most of this week, so I was hoping to get started this weekend, but I was considering trying my hand at some of the "Here's a key, first person to redeem it gets it" offers.

If I redeem a code tonight, can I put off my actual seven-day trial start date until Friday night?

Ri'Orius

jdavid459
Fletcher
AnimeFantasy
Ri'Orius
Firehead
Jolkien
Roy G. Biv
HarryDemeanor
LogicalFallacy
Foaloal
th4tguy
WonkyPanda

Grabbed the bottom one from Toothless Spoon. Thanks man, and best of luck to everyone else looking for one!

HowZatOZ

Banned
Seven days.

Although another question: does it start when you redeem the code, or when you first log in? I'm busy most of this week, so I was hoping to get started this weekend, but I was considering trying my hand at some of the "Here's a key, first person to redeem it gets it" offers.

If I redeem a code tonight, can I put off my actual seven-day trial start date until Friday night?

Email states this: "The guest pass trial feature lasts for seven days after the code is redeemed."

Foaloal

jdavid459
Fletcher
AnimeFantasy
Ri'Orius
Firehead
Jolkien
Roy G. Biv
HarryDemeanor
LogicalFallacy
th4tguy
WonkyPanda

Took the second code from the bottom from Toothless. Thanks a ton.

Ferny

Loving the damage output I'm getting with my Spellslinger. Have been #1 in damage dealt in every adventure done so far and in PVP I'm usually #1 on my team and a couple times #1 in the whole match.

jdavid459
Fletcher
AnimeFantasy
Ri'Orius
Firehead
Jolkien
Roy G. Biv
HarryDemeanor
LogicalFallacy
Foaloal
th4tguy
WonkyPanda

You can cross me off the list. A kind soul on GAF has given me a guest pass.

Storm Talon is bundles of fun when pugging. Haven't downed the first boss yet. Nice thing about the transition between second phase and third phase is the healer keeps gaining threat versus the boss while you can't, and as soon as the transition happens the boss insta gibs the healer because you can't taunt because of disarm and your weapon is randomly in the arena for you to find. Not even vanilla wow was as ludicrous as this.

Also warrior tank getting obliterated in a few hits and healers can't keep up, even with defensive spec and a good skill load out. This game is going to bleed subs badly if it sticks to its guns, not even vanilla wow had a difficulty curve like this does. Seeing the steps to attune to the first raid already makes me wary of resubbing. Bad memories of tanks dropping out and causing guilds to disband.

gocubs

Loving the damage output I'm getting with my Spellslinger. Have been #1 in damage dealt in every adventure done so far and in PVP I'm usually #1 on my team and a couple times #1 in the whole match.

What spells etc are you using for your spellslinger? I need to do some more work on mine I'm dieing pretty quickly.

Jira

Storm Talon is bundles of fun when pugging. Haven't downed the first boss yet. Nice thing about the transition between second phase and third phase is the healer keeps gaining threat versus the boss while you can't, and as soon as the transition happens the boss insta gibs the healer because you can't taunt because of disarm and your weapon is randomly in the arena for you to find. Not even vanilla wow was as ludicrous as this.

Also warrior tank getting obliterated in a few hits and healers can't keep up, even with defensive spec and a good skill load out. This game is going to bleed subs badly if it sticks to its guns, not even vanilla wow had a difficulty curve like this does. Seeing the steps to attune to the first raid already makes me wary of resubbing. Bad memories of tanks dropping out and causing guilds to disband.

Have the tank throw out a taunt right before the phase transition.

Ferny

I remember very fond memories of vanilla wow being just as difficult as this has been. Of course if you're pugging it's not going to go as well as a properly formed team.

I for one am tired of the bubble gum, easy dungeons, that have become prevalent in many MMOs these days. Hoping Carbine sticks to their guns and keeps them as is with small tweaks for broken stuff obviously, but nothing drastic.

jdavid459
Fletcher
AnimeFantasy
Ri'Orius
Firehead
Jolkien
Roy G. Biv
HarryDemeanor
LogicalFallacy
Foaloal
th4tguy
WonkyPanda

got the 4th from top from toothless. Thanks!

I remember very fond memories of vanilla wow being just as difficult as this has been. Of course if you're pugging it's not going to go as well as a properly formed team.

I for one am tired of the bubble gum, easy dungeons, that have become prevalent in many MMOs these days. Hoping Carbine sticks to their guns and keeps them as is with small tweaks for broken stuff obviously, but nothing drastic.

It's not the bubblegum ease that's a problem, it's the demand, the expectation of it. You can't ever ever EVER go back on it once it's in those terms. Nerfing is the goal, not the method.

Tokubetsu

Is anyone else's addons constantly crashing on them? I'm talking the official/built in one likes your abilitie window etc.

Sioul

jdavid459
Fletcher
AnimeFantasy
Ri'Orius
Firehead
Jolkien
Roy G. Biv
HarryDemeanor
LogicalFallacy
Foaloal
th4tguy
WonkyPanda
Caedmon

I want to try before buying, already lost my money on FF14 ;(

Jira

Thing is that people are used to not having to worry about standing in shit in their first dungeon, the healer will always save their ass, or the tank will just pick everything up. A SINGLE mob in these dungeons can wipe your group, a single telegraph can nearly one shot you, a tank takes so much damage that the healer cannot afford to keep everyone else alive too. Then you factor in 3 different types of healers and needing the DPS to actually DO something besides stroke their meters (interrupts) and it's pretty dam difficult. Now it's entirely possible to do with pugs as I have done it before, however, if they're not willing to listen to anything then they won't get past normal dungeons, if even then. You cannot rage quit dungeons in this game after a single wipe cause this isn't even remotely close to leveling dungeons in other games.

Top Bottom