• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

gillty

Banned
Added my name.

jdavid459
Fletcher
AnimeFantasy
Ri'Orius
Firehead
Jolkien
Roy G. Biv
HarryDemeanor
LogicalFallacy
Foaloal
th4tguy
WonkyPanda
gogosox82
Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho

Later people who want to be on the list, please copy/paste the list in its entirety (including these rules) and add yourself to the end. Our heroic and handsome code-givers, please also copy/paste the list with strike tags to indicate those to whom you generously gave your codes.

;)

DarkKyo

My house! I know it's not much yet and I have bigger plans for later, just felt like showing it so far. It's so addictive...
XfSGFrB.png

Ri'Orius

jdavid459
Fletcher
AnimeFantasy
Ri'Orius
Firehead
Jolkien
Roy G. Biv
HarryDemeanor
LogicalFallacy
Foaloal
th4tguy
WonkyPanda
Caedmon
gogosox82
Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho

Later people who want to be on the list, please copy/paste the list in its entirety (including these rules) and add yourself to the end. Our heroic and handsome code-givers, please also copy/paste the list with strike tags to indicate those to whom you generously gave your codes.

I noticed Caedmon fell through the cracks. Added him to his rightful spot.

If you click on the Bots' health under your Character Panel it should bring up the Bots' target panel with a red "x". Just click that and the bot will despawn.

That being said, the "Stop" button on the Bot control panel became my best friend, I press that thing every so often and it resets the Bot to me. But yeah, at the moment Bots are kind of useless, especially in PvP.

I went into the class with the wrong idea on how it played. The only other MMO I've played with an Engineer was Anarchy Online and in that game the bot was the tank while you stood back and supported it. I was hoping the Engineer in this game played the same way but it's more like Torchlight II where you are the tank and the bots help you out. That's fine, just not what I wanted. I switched to Medic and am having a much better time.

jdavid459
Fletcher
AnimeFantasy
Ri'Orius
Firehead
Jolkien
Roy G. Biv
HarryDemeanor
LogicalFallacy
Foaloal
th4tguy
WonkyPanda
Caedmon
gogosox82
Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
RadicalRad

Looking forward to trying the game out.

Really wanting to try this game out. Is there a free trial for it in the US?

I had planned on doing the open beta weekend, but I had inlaws in from out of town... so my free time was limited.

Ghost23

I would also like to ask if someone has an extra trial they don't want. The beta wasn't nice to my computer. My computer would get very hot even though it should be able to run it at high settings. I would love to test it out before I throw money at it.

jdavid459
Fletcher
AnimeFantasy
Ri'Orius
Firehead
Jolkien
Roy G. Biv
HarryDemeanor
LogicalFallacy
Foaloal
th4tguy
WonkyPanda
Caedmon
gogosox82
Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
RadicalRad

Thanks Erragal! I took the top one. =)

Giant Bomb is doing a live quick look of WS today. I wonder how they will receive it. Brad didn't seem too warm on it on the podcast.

Einbroch

Banned
Cleared Stormtalon's Lair. Whew! First and last boss were one-shotted, but the second boss kicked our asses.

Either Espers are really good damage or people are bad, but I was 46% of the groups damage.

CrovaxPSO

I avoided seeing too much of this game pre-release since I wasn't sure if I wanted to play another MMO but I watched some videos today and it looks really solid. Still not ready to jump in and buy it but I definitely will be keeping an eye on it.

TheYanger

I'm going to start playing this weekend, and was wondering if anyone has tried driver-level downsampling and/or supersampling. I see that there used to be an option in the UI called render target scale that when set to anything over 1 was essentially downsampling, but it looks like that setting was moved to the user.ini file. I tried setting it there, but every time I booted the game the .ini file would reset so I'm not sure what's up.

It's still an in game option. It's no longer a slider but you can set it to two lower settings. The first is 'ok' and I use it on my laptop, game gets a sort of blurry sheen obviously. The ultra low setting looks like super ass and I can't imagine ever being desperate enough to play it like that.

erragal

Giant Bomb is doing a live quick look of WS today. I wonder how they will receive it. Brad didn't seem too warm on it on the podcast.

They are bad at mmos -and- don't like them. Every time a big one comes out they review it anyway and its always embarassing. Keyboard turners reviewing Wildstar is a charade.

Ferny

Yeah I wouldn't go to GB for MMO coverage honestly. In the podcast, I felt like he didn't get very far past the tutorial and most of his knowledge of the game is from what he's heard.

They are bad at mmos -and- don't like them. Every time a big one comes out they review it anyway and its always embarassing. Keyboard turners reviewing Wildstar is a charade.

They don't typically review mmos.. they do the live quicklook but not usually a review. At least, they didn't for TESO.

I agree that they aren't a good spot for coverage or information about mmos, though.

CrovaxPSO

Added myself to the list.

jdavid459
Fletcher
AnimeFantasy
Ri'Orius
Firehead
Jolkien
Roy G. Biv
HarryDemeanor
LogicalFallacy
Foaloal
th4tguy
WonkyPanda
Caedmon
gogosox82
Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
RadicalRad
CrovaxPSO

Ocho

Added myself to the list.

jdavid459
Fletcher
AnimeFantasy
Ri'Orius
Firehead
Jolkien
Roy G. Biv
HarryDemeanor
LogicalFallacy
Foaloal
th4tguy
WonkyPanda
Caedmon
gogosox82
Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
RadicalRad
CrovaxPSO

Already got one.

Alrus

Damn I keep forgetting how huge mmo clients tend to be . Not on a very fast connection atm so probably won't be able to try it until tomorrow when the download is finally finished.

W1SSY

jdavid459
Fletcher
AnimeFantasy
Ri'Orius
Firehead
Jolkien
Roy G. Biv
HarryDemeanor
LogicalFallacy
Foaloal
th4tguy
WonkyPanda
Caedmon
gogosox82
Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
RadicalRad
CrovaxPSO
W1SSY

cwmartin

jdavid459
Fletcher
AnimeFantasy
Ri'Orius
Firehead
Jolkien
Roy G. Biv
HarryDemeanor
LogicalFallacy
Foaloal
th4tguy
WonkyPanda
Caedmon
gogosox82
Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
RadicalRad
CrovaxPSO
W1SSY
cwmartin

kafiend

jdavid459
Fletcher
AnimeFantasy
Ri'Orius
Firehead
Jolkien
Roy G. Biv
HarryDemeanor
LogicalFallacy
Foaloal
th4tguy
WonkyPanda
Caedmon
gogosox82
Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
RadicalRad
CrovaxPSO
W1SSY
cwmartin

PM'd codes to 3 off the list and struck off. Have fun folks

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Anybody familiar with the progression after you finish quests in Crosswind Post? I just summoned the Ravager hoping the level up would unlock more things, but I'm not getting any more quests.

Does that mean I need to move in to Whitevale?

edit: Level 22 btw

T.O.P

Banned
Ok what the hell is going on, the game runs better at high then low

like WTF

i'm getting 10-20fps at Very low and 30-40 at Very High

Top Bottom