• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

arimanius

Sounds like a decent patch. I really need to stay off the official forums. Nothing but whining that my class didn't get fix, my class still sucks, and Carbine doesn't care.

Sounds like a decent patch. I really need to stay off the official forums. Nothing but whining that my class didn't get fix, my class still sucks, and Carbine doesn't care.

Every official MMO forum ever. If you based expectations on classes based purely off an individual class forum you would reach the conclusion that every single class is utterly useless and underpowered.

arimanius

Every official MMO forum ever. If you based expectations on classes based purely off an individual class forum you would reach the conclusion that every single class is utterly useless and underpowered.

You think I would learn my lesson but I always like to research my classes to figure out the best spec, rotation, etc. Always bites me in the ass lol

eznark

Banned
What is this secondary currency and how do I earn/track it? I want to buy some amps from this chick in Illium but it won't let me!

Torraz

Just bought the game on a whim, first MMO in quite a while. Some final questions:

How easy is it to solo / level with non-dps classes?

Likewise, how is the LFG system for dps classes?

Any particular realm I should consider (EU)?

Thanks!

What is this secondary currency and how do I earn/track it? I want to buy some amps from this chick in Illium but it won't let me!

You could always buy them in the Commodities Exchange but if they normally take a different currency then people are probably asking for more than they are worth on there.

How easy is it to solo / level with non-dps classes?

Every class is a dps class.

Engineer can DPS, Stalker can DPS, Spell Slinger can DPS, Medic can DPS, Warrior can DPS, Esper can DPS

At 15, you can have a second action set that you can switch to when you're not in combat.

This lets you set up abilities to use when you're doing a different role (e.g. healing or tanking)

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Indeed, re: every class can DPS. My medic can dominate in BG's. I think I only spec'd him for heals once, and I didn't find that very fun.

I like my medic so much that I think I'm going to abandon my main on Pergo and stick with all my alts on Orias. Is Paradoxical an okay guild?

Torraz

Thanks!

Last question, is there a significant difference in server populations? EU side I can only see medium servers. I do like a full server.

Raknar

Neo Member
Thanks!

Last question, is there a significant difference in server populations? EU side I can only see medium servers. I do like a full server.

Pick Hazak if you want the most populated server. We have some new guild members who have re-rolled from Contagion due to the lower pop there.

arimanius

Picked an Esper on Dominion side, though the Esper class seems to be mobility limited compared to other classes.

They are supposedly looking into it.

Aodz and I wanted to do a quick write-up on the current state of the Esper and to lay out our future plans. We consistently monitor the forums, and while we don’t always respond, we do keep track of certain things for future updates as you will see below.

· Bugs: Unfortunately there have been several bugs for the Esper as well as a few global bugs in regards to classes. We have a number of fixes in the pipeline that will come online in the next few weeks.
· Mobility: As part of their core gameplay, the Esper relies heavily on being stationary in order to be fully effective. However, both PvP and many PvE encounters require constant mobility which make that style extremely difficult to pull off. Something that we are currently testing internally is to reward Espers for being stationary for short amounts of time rather than having certain abilities only usable while stationary.
· Overall: We are currently working on adjusting underused Abilities, AMPs, and Ability Tiers for all classes to increase their use and open up more viable builds. Those changes will need to be implemented and tested before being pushed to live, so you can expect those a little later down the road.

We are aware that much of this is vague, which is because we don’t want to make any promises that might fall through. However, we are still happy to be able to give you an update on what we can. See you on Nexus!

WarMacheen

Thanks. I'm enjoying esper so far. I would like to roll a tank also but I can't be bothered with the ship starting area yet again after playing beta. Option to skip would be nice

Still banned,, still no response to my ticket. Mah credd and elder gems :(

That's really sucky. You're probably aware, but make sure to check the ticket page instead of waiting for an email. I never got an email indicator my ticket had been responded to, but there was one when i checked the ticket itself. I hope you get it sorted soon!

Retro

Rock: "Buff Rock, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine."

You are way too civil in this example if you're trying for something Official Forum-y.
Go f*** yourself rock is so op. scissors is so obv broken but of course we get the f***ing nerfbat while rock gets to be even more faceroll. then they come qq on the forums that there not strong enough? F*** ROCK!!!!1. it's soooo f***ing obvious everyone @ carbine plays rock cuz scissors can't even play competitively.

yes, we can take out paper easily BUT THAT IS OUR CLASS DESIGN! READ A BOOK ON GAME DESIGN the whole point of scissors is to be a hard counter to paper but in order to do that we need to b able to throw TWO FINGERS! not too early not too late or rock will obv. kno whats coming and easily counter. + we have to spread them out, we cant just shove 2 fingers out there scissors like were throwing pistol or whatevur, LOL. all of that while we maintain forward momentum and eye contact since so much of scissors is mind games and outthinking the other guy. but what does rock do? they count down one-two-thre like everyone else, then they just keep there fist close! no finger moves no wrist moves just a @*$#&@#ing fist like they were throwing the whole time. NE F***ING N00b CAN THROW ROCK!!! iwin button ne one?

so, heres how i suggest the devs fix scissor, since there obv. too lazy or stupid to do it. all u need to do is move some sliders around, rite? not rocket science, fix this @*&#$*!

- fix scissor so we can throw late, to counter rocks ezmode throw mechanic. like rock has to throw on 3, but scissor gets to throw on 3.5 or even 4. paper prob needs help too since they got to throw the nazi salute (LOL hitler) & that takes extra time too. paper should throw on like 3.2 or 3.3 maybe. def. not before scissors since we have to split fingers, more work = more time.

- add a cooldown to rocks' stonefist talent, it is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too ez to just throw rock over and over. i shouldnt be in pvp and seeing stonefist rock players just standing there throwing rock without having to manage energy.

- change paper gear to use less fingers, scissor players are sick of fighting paper for finger-oriented stats. rock doesn't have to share loot rolls, they don't even use finger gear since all they do is keep everything in a fist. it iz way too simple to gear rock for endgame content becuz they dont have to fight ne else for gear. that means they can play competitively faster, witch is why i keep running into all these op BiS geared rocks n I cant even get anything with decent knuckle-extension boosts cuz paper keeps rolling on all of it!!

- give scissor players something like paper's Planar Form ability, it is completely unfair that they can 'wrap' rock so easily while scissor players have to juggle snip-snip with constant forward momentum. something like "Sharpened Blades: 10% chance to sheer Rock for ever finger held to palm." so that at most u can throw with a +20% bonus vs. rock, maybe 30% if your good (no keyboard tuners LOL).

do this or i am cancelling my subscription. i lead one of the best RPS guilds on stormfist server and if i quit i am taking my guild with me and u will lose $$$$. scissors is totally gimped + u know it. FIX IT NAO CARBINE OR DO U LOVE ROCK TOO MUCH?!?!!1111 its not like we cant go play world of rpscraft or rps wars 2, @ least they balance there game to not be ez mode for casual noob scrubz.

last thing; %#*$@! ROCK!!!!11

I considered being more obnoxious by spelling it "Scizzorz" but that's the line and I won't cross it. Ugh, I feel gross now, it's surprisingly hard to type like that.

I found the story super interesting, it's just that that section is REALLY punishing if you die, and it's hard enough that it's likely.

Yeah I guess I should have clarified I meant the quest/area/etc. not the story. But yes, if you die you rez and lose like all of your progress.

TheYanger

I have people in game telling me Esper is a healing class, what the fuck? Surely there's some damage here. :(

every class is a dps class. Their actual numbers aren't bad, they're not the best. That changes all the time though in these games, so mostly see if you enjoy the PLAYSTYLE. That's what you should really base a class choice on. Balance is fluid, but generally what they're like to play is not as much so. You could both do better and worse right now, Espers are punished the most for mobility fights though.

On the subject of Espers, any Espers able to tell me if this build is good?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCxyp78j-8U - The Invinsible Esper.

I'm still 2 levels off 25 so I cannot try out the major stat increase.

It seems decent. I've seen builds of a similar style, but i don't have a lot of pvp experience so it's hard to comment. Blade Dance over Psychic Frenzy i'm not so sure about. PF also returns 25% of the health back, and builds psi points faster and would do more damage against single targets (i think?). I don't know if he has that available at his level though.

FrsDvl

Would anyone have a spare NA guest pass by any chance? I meant to buy this on release, but i'm way too broke.

Sorry if this is not okay.

After the step of the attunment key process, is there any use for Partial Primal Patterns? I have 4 of them and just got past that step of the attunement.

Hubb

After the step of the attunment key process, is there any use for Partial Primal Patterns? I have 4 of them and just got past that step of the attunement.

I'm not sure, but I'd say they are worth keeping just in case. If not for this attunement, than maybe one in the future.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Start the unbelievably long and annoying attunement quest. That should keep you occupied for a good while.

I could but in all honesty, I don't even know if i will actually raid.

I don't think I have enough time these days to dedicate to it.

Giggzy

Are there guest passes for this game? If so, can someone send me one? :)

I'm sorry if this is not the right thread to ask!

Salamando

Just learned that when you complete a set of Tales lore items, you can then buy the poster for your house. I anticipate spending more time collecting them then raiding, now.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
The Aethros bug where he resets has been fixed.
A new one has been introduced: Leering too far in his room will literally pull all the remaining trash in the istance.
We weren't amused.
Actually, we were. Until the third time it happened, at least!

Top Bottom