• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Teggy

The housing item vendor accessible whenever you're on your plot. They're under the category "Travel Posters". Completed "Subject 33" in Whitevale, so now the corresponding art http://wildstaronline.wikia.com/wiki/Subject_33 is there.

Is there any way to see how many Tales items you have per issue? As explorer I thought I had been doing a pretty good job scouring the zones but I've still yet to finish a single Tales issue through level 31.

TheYanger

Is there any way to see how many Tales items you have per issue? As explorer I thought I had been doing a pretty good job scouring the zones but I've still yet to finish a single Tales issue through level 31.

If you look at your lore panel (no hotkey by default but it's on the micromenu on the bottom left) it shows the lore you're missing, but not Datachrons.

Keasar

xcJvDaH.png

Wildstar!

oktarb

Brand new player with some basic questions.

1. Can I get an invite into the Guild. I've tried TharpDaddy but have yet to see him online.
2. Housing provides a comfort bonus. Any other benefits?
3. What Mods do you guys recommend?
4. Can you change race after you have leveled up?
5. Can Exiles and Dominion be in the same Guild? I imagine not.

Thanks!

Eteric Rice

xcJvDaH.png

Wildstar!

LOL, I never noticed that!

1. Can I get an invite into the Guild. I've tried TharpDaddy but have yet to see him online.

Thanks!

1. Not in a GAF guild, can't help ya there.
2. Mostly xp bonuses. But there are around seven different xp bonuses you can get with various items.
3. I don't use mods yet, so can't tell ya.
4. Nope, not at the moment.
5. Nope.

Thanks!

What's your char name? I'm on the character Mortality, it's strange i'm not showing as online. I've been on for a couple hours.

Edit: Logging off for now, but try whispering Rampuri for an invite, or post your character name and i'll keep an eye out for you.

Hixx

That feel when you get a silver on ST vet on your first tank run.

I'm feeling that feel right now and it feels good.

that feel when you dont even get a medal on veteran siege of tempest refuge because people wont interrupt the warrior boss' channeled ability

and the dps stole the tank boots

it wasnt even a pug

i want to cry

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Nearing level 30 and got this game three weeks ago...
I'm really slow

that feel when you dont even get a medal on veteran siege of tempest refuge because people wont interrupt the warrior boss' channeled ability

and the dps stole the tank boots

it wasnt even a pug

i want to cry

That boss has destroyed so many of my pug groups.

JLeack

Banned
I'm kind of bummed. I just hit 50 and totally lost interest in the game. It's a really, really good game, but I fear I'm falling out of MMOs—although I still get some great entertainment from WoW when I temporarily go back about once per year.

Dungeons and Adventures require so much effort they're exhausting. In PvP, my Stalker is a wet noodle. The world doesn't have a good "flow" to it, so I don't really want to explore.

I think I'm done... for now.

Prodigal

Banned
Any of y'all playing on Evindra? Hoping to find a friendly guild on there with some people I know.

EDIT: Wow, already had my account stolen. Luckily they didn't change any account info so I just secured it with an authenticator. At least they left me with 900+ iron ore in my backpack, among other things!

TheYanger

Any of y'all playing on Evindra? Hoping to find a friendly guild on there with some people I know.

EDIT: Wow, already had my account stolen. Luckily they didn't change any account info so I just secured it with an authenticator. At least they left me with 900+ iron ore in my backpack, among other things!

time to virus/malware scan.

arimanius

So how are stalkers at higher levels? I usually play melee characters and found my warrior alt kind of boring by 18. It was the same couple of buttons over and over. Trying to decide to push onward with him or start over with stalker.

JLeack

Banned
So how are stalkers at higher levels? I usually play melee characters and found my warrior alt kind of boring by 18. It was the same couple of buttons over and over. Trying to decide to push onward with him or start over with stalker.

It's absolutely awful. I just spent a few hours PvPing in arena and battlegrounds and it was miserable. I completely regret my class decision.

I hear they're great DPS in dungeons, though.

Zaph

Hmm..nothing turned up. Wonder what happened...
Most MMO hacking comes from gold sellers having massive email and password lists of accounts from older games or people who've used a gold selling site in their network and used the same password.

It's why there always seems to be a little panic when new MMO's/online services launch and rumours start circulating the developer has been hacked. In reality often it's just these gold networks going through their database for people who've used the same login but not attached an authenticator.

Dunlop

Man you can do some crazy things with housing.

Our guild had a meeting and the guildleader's housing area is literally a massive space port

I cannot even fathom how to begin to try and emulate it

M.Steiner

GMG have a new 25% off voucher which will work against WildStar (both standard & deluxe), should anyone be looking to buy a copy!

"APIZS9-460INI-BL4WZ9"

Code expires on Friday ;)

Giggzy

Gah! I day too late! I bought the game Saturday.

Same! Lol. I had a 20% off voucher though from a twitch streamer.

This game is a blast by the way. The most fun I've had in an MMO in quite a long time. I really enjoy the art style, humor, and gameplay.

I was given a trial pass by a friendly gaffer and after getting to level 10 I knew I had to purchase the full game.

I'm a medic on Orias, exiles. Looking forward to joining the Gaf guild :)

Dunlop

Start the unbelievably long and annoying attunement quest. That should keep you occupied for a good while.
I hit 50 this weekend, family was away so I managed to silver/gold all of the veteran adventures.

I have my 140 elder gems capped, I spoke to a guildy and was told I have to re-get silver in all of the veteran adventures after buying the genesis key next week

lol

Thankfully I am a healer so it takes about 6 minutes to queue

Keasar

Fuck Battlegrounds.

Fuck Arenas.

Fuck PVP.

Wish I had never gotten the interest to ever try.

Edit: Had a terrible streak.

erragal

I'm kind of bummed. I just hit 50 and totally lost interest in the game. It's a really, really good game, but I fear I'm falling out of MMOs—although I still get some great entertainment from WoW when I temporarily go back about once per year.

Dungeons and Adventures require so much effort they're exhausting.

I think I'm done... for now.

My friend and I came to similar conclusions this weekend. At it's core a wonderful game...but there is no midcore. Part of it is he massive toxicity that has permeated online games...I never expected lol solo queue mentality to seep over to mmos but it has. It's not even a month and people expect all dungeon attempts to be your 20th time eith flawless gold.

I have the skillset to play effectively but not the patience/temperment to deal with it. In fact we both agreed that we're more likely to go back for Rift 3.0 over this just due to the calmer playerbase.

My friend had a really interesting thought: the high level of sensory input/output requirements enhance the toxicity levels overall. Also, getting old, lol.

Excellent game if you already know people well enough...but the tools to actually meet and develop a community within the game (How I've done it in every mmo) are very sparse.

Dunlop

Dungeons and Adventures require so much effort they're exhausting

Dungeons I understand, but the vet adventures are quite easy. I played as DPS almost my entire level experience, hit 50 and wanted to go back to being a healer (why I play any MMO) and purchased "welfare" pvp blues off the AH for dirt cheap.

TheYanger

I hit 50 this weekend, family was away so I managed to silver/gold all of the veteran adventures.

I have my 140 elder gems capped, I spoke to a guildy and was told I have to re-get silver in all of the veteran adventures after buying the genesis key next week

lol

Thankfully I am a healer so it takes about 6 minutes to queue

To be fair, you're probably not going to get very far in the attunement if you can't easily silver any adventure at will anyway.

Einbroch

Banned
Man, you guys must be getting unlucky. I've run a bunch of adventures and dungeons queuing alone and people are plenty patient. They'll explain fights, tell you what to do, and if you die? Oh well. Let's do it again.

TheYanger

Yeah idk, I pug adventures and have no problem explaining stuff to new people - hell, it BEHOOVES people to explain it, if I Don't you'll probably die and cost us gold (cynical position taken here), if I do you'll possibly listen and learn what's going on :)

Dungeons are tough, adventures are quite easy.

B00TE

Man, you guys must be getting unlucky. I've run a bunch of adventures and dungeons queuing alone and people are plenty patient. They'll explain fights, tell you what to do, and if you die? Oh well. Let's do it again.

That's been my luck too. I think I've had one guy since launch that "lol noobs" then quit on a wipe.

Thinking about building up a second set on my medic, almost 30 now. Want to try healing but not sure how good I would be at it. The Hycrest adventure wouldn't be too hard to heal outside of one or two fights that I know of, maybe some good practice there.

My warrior is just shy of 40. This may be the first MMO I've not tried to rush for the endgame and have greatly enjoyed my leveling process, on multiple characters even.

yukonrye

Does anyone have an extra trial code? I played this back in closed beta but only got about ~20 fps with constant dips so I couldn't enjoy it. I want to try it out again and see how it runs before I commit to buying.

That's been my luck too. I think I've had one guy since launch that "lol noobs" then quit on a wipe.

Thinking about building up a second set on my medic, almost 30 now. Want to try healing but not sure how good I would be at it. The Hycrest adventure wouldn't be too hard to heal outside of one or two fights that I know of, maybe some good practice there.

My warrior is just shy of 40. This may be the first MMO I've not tried to rush for the endgame and have greatly enjoyed my leveling process, on multiple characters even.

My experience is a bit more toxic but not much. 90% of the players I've grouped with have been polite, though I've only run instances up to level 25. Just the occasional instance of "learn to tank / learn to heal", in the first level 25 instance, from the DPS that never throws a single interrupt.

With that said I do think the intro dungeons need to be nerfed down a little. Specifically that one trash mob in Stormtalon's Lair that has 2 interrupt shields, and stuns a player inside an AOE that will melt them in a couple seconds. That requires way too much coordination to break, given that it's an entry level instance, especially since more often than not the player that gets stunned will be one of your interrupts. The fact that he casts that ability faster than your interrupts get off cooldown is further bullshit.

The bosses are fine though.

At the very least, reverse the order of the instances in the list so that Stormtalon's Lair comes after Ruins. Ruins isn't nearly as hard as Stormtalon's Lair is, but most people are going to SL first because it's first in the list.

Not sure if I'm going to sub after my trial; still 50/50. The leveling grind is starting to burn me out and I'm only level 25.

Mastamind

My experience is a bit more toxic but not much. 90% of the players I've grouped with have been polite, though I've only run instances up to level 25. Just the occasional instance of "learn to tank / learn to heal", in the first level 25 instance, from the DPS that never throws a single interrupt.

With that said I do think the intro dungeons need to be nerfed down a little. Specifically that one trash mob in Stormtalon's Lair that has 2 interrupt shields, and stuns a player inside an AOE that will melt them in a couple seconds. That requires way too much coordination to break, given that it's an entry level instance, especially since more often than not the player that gets stunned will be one of your interrupts. The fact that he casts that ability faster than your interrupts get off cooldown is further bullshit.

The bosses are fine though.

At the very least, reverse the order of the instances in the list so that Stormtalon's Lair comes after Ruins. Ruins isn't nearly as hard as Stormtalon's Lair is, but most people are going to SL first because it's first in the list.

Not sure if I'm going to sub after my trial; still 50/50. The leveling grind is starting to burn me out and I'm only level 25.

You should run with warrior dps, they get like 800 interrupts by lvl 20. The interrupting master race looks down on us dirty interrupt-lacking engineers.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/...-when-interrupts-were-handed-out/#entry342702

Medic
Paralytic Surge - 30s CD - Learned level 3 - (removes 2 IA at T8)

Engineer
Zap - 30s CD - Learned level 3 - (removes 2 IA at T4)
Obstruct Vision - 30s CD - Learned level 31

Stalker
Stagger - 25s CD - Learned level 3
False Retreat - 25s CD - Learned level 6 - (Doesn't work on bosses)
Collapse - 25s CD - Learned level 24

Warrior
Kick - 20s CD - Learned level 3 - (removes 2 IA at T8)
Flash Bang - 25s CD - Learned level 11
Grapple - 20s CD - Learned level 13 - (2 charges at T4)
(Can also reset CDs with innate)

Esper
Crush - 35s CD - Learned level 3 - (removes 2 IA at T4)
Incapacitate - 40s CD - Learned level 21 - (Subdue - is this an interrupt???)
Shockwave - 30s CD - Learned level 24

SpellSlinger
Gate - 30s CD - Learned level 3 - (removes 2 IA at T4)
Arcane Shock - 20sec CD - Learned level 15 - (15sec CD at T4)
Spatial Shift - 35sec CD - Learned level 24

Kick and grapple destroys IA and interrupts, while flash bang only destroys IA. Which means that warrior can deal with IA on his own.

Dunlop

Skills/abilities are free to respec. AMP points however, cost 50 gold at level cap to respec.

yeah that hurt

I had made a healing build for level 20 for Stormtalon..lvl 20 for Healing Medic in a dungeon is BAAAD (until 24)

never touched that spec until I hit 50 and had to respec it for 50G

If I would have reset it at lvl 20 I think it would have cost a gold

Medic
Paralytic Surge - 30s CD - Learned level 3 - (removes 2 IA at T8)

feeling the pain of that single interrupt ; (

How's gold Malgrave and Tempest? I've just been farming WotW and Crimelords gold for a while, want to try the others. Did a Malgrave one with 4 guild people and they disbanded after a caravan member randomly died.

TheYanger

How's gold Malgrave and Tempest? I've just been farming WotW and Crimelords gold for a while, want to try the others. Did a Malgrave one with 4 guild people and they disbanded after a caravan member randomly died.

Malgrave is the easiest gold after Crimelords imo. There are a couple paths that are quite simple.

The only things to watch out for:

Poisoned food, it can add up and pugs are bad at checking for it, but ANY food (including the little 'instant pickup' food, can have a green glowing circle underneath it when you get close to it, that food is bad and will reduce all caravan members' hp by 1%.

Lost caravan members. Go to curse, get the EntSpy mod, and set it to have the adventure module checked. This is helpful in WotW for similar reasons. Lost caravan members are the ONLY way I ever lost prior to this mod existing, because the caravan leader will say "oh they went off south" and they actually went far east and like, one pixel south, so he says the wrong shit. Also you won't get the location bar sometimes, or they'll be very far in the wrong direction, lots of bullshit can happen. With Entspy you can see them, period. They never go too far away for it to see them if you're on the caravan. Since installing this mod I have only lost gold once because of that (A caravan guy went UP A FUCKING CLIFF and was impossible to save).

The routes: If you have a group you can trust, IE not a pug that won't listen type group, you go Greenleaf, Winged Furycrest, Camp, do the teleporter puzzle (3 types of items, 5 slots, just go 1 of everything and 2 random others first, he'll say "We need more of item x" then you go 3 of that, 1 of the others, he'll either get it working or he'll say 'more of item y' and you then go 2 2 1. It's not hard. There will be a dreg attack during this, so the tank and healer should hang back, once he says 'dreg are attacking' CHECK THE MINIMAP for the red dots and jump them immediately. This is a risky moment since a dreg jumping someone can almost one shot them.

At this point, either you fix the teleporter, or you fuck it up.
If you fix it, go to rumbling fields, and someone needs to talk to the caravan once it comes through. Everyone else can run far south, ignore the caravan, and just pick up supplies. Once they're walking down the minefield do not get near them - players set off mines, caravan members do not. Just grab supplies until they get near the end. You'll run out of food if at least 1 person deosn't go up to Sea whatever, south of there, and kill some oxians. They drop a lot of food.
After they get south, choose Seaview, go up to the plateau right there, mobs will have spawned, killthose before the caravan comes (and be ready for chompacobra attacks or food spillage etc). The 'heat exhaustion' you just run through, it's only small patches. You'll fight a boss up top here that just spins around and otherwise doesn't do much - interrupt elemental split if anything, but mostly just avoid standing in his whirlwinds.
Once he dies, choose Skywing village. This is the home stretch - just get lost caravan members, kill the trash in the way, and pick up supplies. You're almost done, if you have like ~60 of everything at this point they won't even run out. At skyview you fight a boss with some trash, VERY easy. Then you just kill wolves on their way into town. 30/30 = gold.

IF you FAIL the teleporter, go through the sandy hive. you'll need to have someone go and turn off every fireflower before you get near them for the next two sections, missing one will probably cost you gold (fireflowers are just right clicked and F key spammed to turn off, if they stay on they spit flame patches all over). Kill what you need to in sandy hive, get a ton of food from the bugs.
Head to the dreg camp next, I forget what it's called. You go and kill their leader (skip any trash you can in the camp - it despawns when you fight the leader).
Pick uboshuwa, if a camp option comes up let em rest for a minute, I forget if one does or not this way but I think so. At Uboshuwa you fight some bosses and then get on a boat and win. 30/30.

Tempest is also VERY easy imo, but it's got a few situations that will be frustrating (like all adventures). The things to have are snares on bars for bunker busters and tanks. The only really shit situations are if you get bunker buster, tank, tank, or something ridiculous like that, coming from separate directions. You need VERY high dps and snare coverage to handle that type of situation.

Other things to watch for: Saboteurs - when you get the message about sabs, go back to your generator and AE around it if possible. they'll plant bombs that you have to disarm, also if mines are near the generator - blow them up, they'll interrupt you if saboteurs come. Otherwise mines are best for you to run bosses and mobs over since they get hit too.

The warrior boss. This guy is the douche of the instance, nto too bad if it's an early wave, but later on he can wipe you fast due to low morale. He'll jump someone, knock everyone back, and channel an unhealable damage spike on them, plate can survive, medium can sometimes survive ok, and light will die if you don't interrupt it. He's got...3? interrupt armor, and casts it pretty often, so it's really shitty and overtuned imo. make sure to get him aggroed on as many of your NPCs as possible since he'll jump on them sometimes, I've 2 manned it with tank + healer + npcs from like 75% to dead before.

Now that being said, getting him last or next to last can cost you gold on an otherwise flawless run. There's an exploit you can use which I would PROBABLY do if I were pugging it - when you get to like between rounds 3 and 4, instead of setting your troops have everyone port to housing, and then hit N and teleport back into the instance. Resets your morale. You definitely don't need to do this to win, but if you haven't gotten the warrior yet by round 3 in a pug it's probably a good call. You kill the last two bosses monumentally slow otherwise and he'll wreck you - the rest are cake.

Teggy

I planted 2 rows full of glowmelon and logicleaf last time I logged out and when I logged back in those 2 rows were empty :/

Top Bottom