• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will GTA 6 be 60fps on ps5 pro?

Will GTA 6 be 60fps on ps5 pro?

• Yes

Votes: 102 52.8%
  • No

Votes: 91 47.2%

• Total voters

twilo99

Gold Member
They should be optimizing for the ancient Zen2 CPUs anyways so it will likely have a "performance" mode of some sort

rapid32.5

60 fps locked get a PS6 and problem solved. Wanna feel special for two years get a Pro.

Last edited:

Senua

Gold Member
Then how do you explain fidelity modes they showed locked at 60 on the Pro when they were 30 on the base?

It's not as simple as that binary of a metric. You can offload a lot to the graphics core, especially when games are more GPGPU dependent, which R* relied on for RDR2 last gen.
GTA games push tech hard, the level of detail and density they showed in the trailer looks to me to be heavy as all fuck. I'm not saying R* can't pull some magic but this game look like it'll be heavy to pull off at 60. Heck I'm worried and I have a 5800X3D which is way more powerful than the PS5 Pro CPU. 40fps to me sounds like a more likely bet.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I initially want to say no, but they somehow got GTAV running at all on PS3.

So I'm going with yes.

Go_Ly_Dow

It could be.

But it's Rockstar and some of you seem to have forgotten they made an absolute killing selling GTA5 upgrades over the following 2 generations.

If they cap it at 30fps on even the Pro then they can rake $$$ it in on the 60fps version on both PC and then the PS6 knowing tens of millions will double dip for upgrades.

Let's see.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
GTA games push tech hard, the level of detail and density they showed in the trailer looks to me to be heavy as all fuck. I'm not saying R* can't pull some magic but this game look like it'll be heavy to pull off at 60. Heck I'm worried and I have a 5800X3D which is way more powerful than the PS5 Pro CPU. 40fps to me sounds like a more likely bet.
It will have a 60fps mode. That is the whole point of this machine and why they are pushing their version of DLSS. It will be heavily marketed with as such (w/ GTA6) around the game's launch.

RDR2 was quite impressively scalable due to them utilizing GPGPU tech rather than being so CPU dependent, even more so with DLSS.

I initially want to say no, but they somehow got GTAV running at all on PS3.

So I'm going with yes.
Even RDR2 and how good it looked on the PS4 which was not much better of a CPU. And in some cases, worse.

Last edited:

Senua

Gold Member
It will have a 60fps mode.
Tell Third Eye GIF by Denyse®

Yes that's the point of the machine, whether or not R* takes full advantage of it, or gives a fuck is another matter. And that's if it's doable in the first place. We shall see!

kevboard

PS5 is a strong console, you guys are underestimating it. I think it will be fine

not when it comes to CPU power.
they clearly heavily lean on raytracing, raytracing is very CPU heavy, add an open world with lots of cars and pedestrians, add Euphoria, add car phyics and body deformation...

it's very unlikely

Rockstar has one of the best tech teams in the business along with massive resources. If they want to have a 60 fps mode on the base PS5, they can achieve that, although I’m sure there will be visible compromises.

kevboard

Rockstar has one of the best tech teams in the business along with massive resources. If they want to have a 60 fps mode on the base PS5, they can achieve that, although I’m sure there will be visible compromises.

there will only be a 60fps mode if they have good enough fallbacks for their RT effects. specifically the global illumination, which looks to be a core graphical feature of the game.

best case scenario would be that the Series S couldn't handle their RT GI and they had to have a fallback, which in return could mean a 60fps mode without raytracing is in the cards for the other consoles.

they aren't making a PC version at launch, so they do not have to keep mid range and low end PCs in mind in their original console launch version and can work on that issue after the console version is out, at which point they might not even need a fallback for their RT GI anymore either due to the PC market being saturated with cards that are good enough to run the game with RT GI.

so yeah. RT reflections can easily be replaced by SSR, so that's not an issue, shadows probably too as they already have a system for decent real time shadows in their engine.
imo it comes down to the question if the GI has a non-rt fallback, because that's way harder to replace and adjust

Anchovie123

I really hate how digital foundry have cemented the notion that GTA V wont have a 60fps mode when in reality they have literally no clue. in fact no one does. It very well could have a 60fps mode.

Quantum253

Gold Member
It'll have a fidelity and performance mode.
Ps5 will probably be 1080p 60 upscaled and the Pro will probably be 1440p and use PSSR to get 4k 30 unlocked

GTAVI designed to run at 60fps on current consoles will be a significantly less ambitious game at its core than GTAVI designed to run at 30fps on current consoles.

We’re talking about a game that’s supposed to last and be relevant for the next decade+

Anybody who loves Rockstar’s games and plays them for years should absolutely be praying this game has been designed to run at 30fps on current gen.

All the casuals who just wanna play the game once and never touch it again are obviously going to hope it’s 60fps - they aren’t thinking long-term nor do they give a shit, as they shouldn’t.

It’s really that simple.

I’m personally praying it’s a 30fps title because this is a game I plan to play and enjoy for several years to come. I can wait for 60fps on PC/PS6.

Last edited:

salva

that's just objectively wrong.
you could lower the resolution of Starfield to 360p and it would still not run at 60fps inside of cities

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

idk man, I just dropped it to 720p (looks like shit) and I'm hitting ~150-160 fps in New Atlantis with DLSS disabled.
1POdMPL.jpeg

Top Bottom