• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will sega ever make a crazy taxi online?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
And how exactly would that work?

Richiban

I think it'd be awesome to have a bunch of different taxi drivers in the game at once, all of them going for the same fares and basically trying to screw the other drivers out of their moneys by smashing into them and such.

It's not a bad idea, but I don't think the play life would be all that long....not a very deep game, but could be a very fun game.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
explodet said:
They have online racing games, why not something like this?

Because Crazy Taxi isn't a racing game. I just don't see where the fun would be in an online version of Crazy Taxi. Seems like a boring concept to me. You would just get fares and try to outscore your opponent, nothing really that interesting for me.

Now an online Jet Set Radio, that is something I would pay for.

FoneBone said:
CT3 kinda bombed, though. Weird, given that even the really late GC port of the first game sold decently.

CT3 bombed because it sucked major ass. Nobody wants to drive around the desert with no obstacles or opposing traffic.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
StrikerObi said:
CT3 bombed because it sucked major ass. Nobody wants to drive around the desert with no obstacles or opposing traffic.

It had the best mini-game collection of the three... and plus it had the other two cities as well.

How the hell would any of us know? It's not like anyone's been really successful predicting Sega's decisions.

Online Crazi Taxi could be cool though

Saturnman

Banned
Defensor said:
Exactly like the previous games but only up against 15 other people online.

What would be the point? This is a free-roaming kind of game, where everybody goes their way. There would be no competition trying to block an opponent or steal his fares somehow. If it is exactly like the previous games than you'd compete for the amount of money you make and you don't even need to be playing at the same time for that.

Gek54

Just like rally games or Frequency where you compete but you dont have to interact with other players directly. In a Crazy Taxi there still would be room for interaction between players.

If you were to limit the size of the areas, to keep the players on top of each other and the number of fares available at a time. So say there's 8 players, there'd only be 2 fares. The people without the fares would be able to steal the passengers by bumping and shunting the person with them. All the time you have the passengers in your cab your score would increase graduall and there'd be bonuses for all the usual crazy stunts, dodging other players attempts to attack you and being the one to deliver the people to their destination.

Mr Gump

Banned
Is it just me or did the series get progressivly worse?

Even after i got CT2, i still preferred to play CT. The jumping addition in 2 i wasnt the biggest fan of and the city in the original was much better.

JC10001 said:
It'll never happen. Sega only ports GC exclusives you know.

tissue.jpg

the franchise was killed by the move to XBox. How long has it been and no sequel. CT 1 + 2 came out in like 1 1/2 years time apart?

doombox for sega. .

p10a.jpg

vysez

I'm sure Sega would do a Crazy Taxi Online, they will just make sure that all the Taxis and drivers shoot fireballs in a carpark, that and the drivers are dressed like Tidus.

Crazy Taxy in its actual form is a pure solo player game... Like Shenmue...

I would prefer Sega doing a Daytona 3 Online... With no fireballs if possible. :D

Top Bottom