• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wimbledon 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hige

I need whatever hair product Verdasco is using. Not a lock out of place and still voluminous in the fourth set.

szaromir

Banned
i'm beginning to believe the argument that the "big four" only exists because they're the only non-mental midgets on tour.
Yup, plus they have ridiculous endurance (although Fed is losing it).
Of course there are many players with superb skills that fold under pressure. There are also some with inferior skills but incredible mental strength. The game would look differently if a Rosol or a Darcis could hold their nerve more often, but it's not easy to deliver a good serve when thousands of people are watching you and you're facing a break point.

In case you guys missed it, that Jerzy Janowicz win was incredible, more for the emotion than anything else. The guy was absolutely speechless in his "post-game hallway interview"...and great show of respect from his countryman, exchanging shirts like that, and then waiting for him so they could walk out together.

EDIT: Murray is looking in pre-2011 form with all this whining/talking to himself...

szaromir

Banned
In case you guys missed it, that Jerzy Janowicz win was incredible, more for the emotion than anything else. The guy was absolutely speechless in his "post-game hallway interview"...and great show of respect from his countryman, exchanging shirts like that, and then waiting for him so they could walk out together.
That used to be a Wimbledon tradition, sadly not many players respect it anymore. Serena waited for Lisicki after her loss.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
murray's serving when facing break points has really saved him this set. i hope verdasco will at least put up a fight in the fifth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom