• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wimbledon 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onikaan

Why does Murray never put the ball anywhere interesting?

Does he just return the ball hoping the other player dun goofs?

(I know nothing about Tennis)

Murray has played so defensive in this match. I thought Lendl had changed his mentality in that regard.

He attacked well in the 4th set, and I'm guessing in the third set also given the margin of victory. It really was the first and second sets where he fell into his old habits and just defended too much. Hopefully he keeps it up for the fifth and closes out the match.

Why does Murray never put the ball anywhere interesting?

Does he just return the ball hoping the other player dun goofs?

(I know nothing about Tennis)

I'd say this was the case pre-2011 U.S. Open, but since then he's gotten a lot better about placing his shots, going for a bit more on his serves. The poster above said it, he just slips back into that routine sometimes.

LOL. I go out for food and come back to see this 5 setter...if Verdasco plays long enough, the match becomes a match between Murray and Murray. C'mon man, let Murray lose it for himself!

Fucking Verdasco! Stop wasting your chances. Urgh...

that game at 4-3 was a microcosm of this whole match.

Personally, I just want to see Janowicz win next round, so whoever's the easiest matchup for him, that's who I'm rooting for.

Also, obligatory:
krustystrawberries.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom