• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wimbledon 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? shiiiiit.

I was thinking him going on about the roof was tactical so he could speak to his coaches. Whether that's true or not, I'm glad he lost too; acting like a child throwing his racket and the like.

Murray said Jerzy was on his phone through the break :lol

phaze

Janowicz lost his head unfortunately. I feel for him but he's still got plenty of time, semi of Wimbledon is still a huge success from him. He should rein his whining because he is becoming Murray 2.0. It's hard to cheer for him because of that.

No strong feelings for either of the finalists. Hope we get a good game.

Batigol

Banned
I don't like the Joker at all but Murray is even worse. That's harder to accomplish than winning Wimbledon. ;-)

I stopped watching during the third set.

All he does is put the ball back into play. Such a pusher.

Yeah you can go for winners when your opponent has mentally capitulated, but good luck doing that against Novak

Deadman

After so many high seeds went out early I was afraid the route to the finals for each of them would be boring walkovers, but its been a great tournament. Hope the finals can match it.

Yeah you can go for winners when your opponent has mentally capitulated, but good luck doing that against Novak

This is utter crap - he had way more winners than his opponent.

You have to agree though that Murray's first serve was excellent today. Yeah, he does spin his second serve, and he does push sometimes, but he had a great day serving and really didn't let Jerzy into any of his service games

caesar

Banned

He scored more winners and aces in that match tho.

krYlon

Your loss, you missed some great tennis.

Also, how did you know Janowicz mentally capitulated if you stopped watching during the third set??

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Yeah it sure doesn't matter playing in the same stadium during that once in a lifetime moment time the Olympics are held in your own country.

i wonder what the people think that the olympics don't matter think of the sheer relief and joy on federer's face after the match point against del potro, or the story of djokovic sawing his racket after losing the bronze medal match.

it may not be the most prestigious tennis tournament, but to some of the players it probably means an awful lot. djokovic in particular seems rather patriotic (if we ignore the tax avoidance, lol).

Wes

venison crêpe
From that POV they don't necessarily matter for Djokovic.

No but it means a lot for Murray. He knows he can win in the most unique of circumstances against Djokovic on that court now.

He's in better stead having won the Olympics against him than if he had lost, that's for sure.

Oh, God. Did anyone else catch this?

EzHgpRo.jpg

Brits, surrender your language now.

ew, Murray won

The final is going to SUCK. Murray brings Novak's level way down. Unless Novak is on from the word go, it's gonna be a very miserable final with two guys being afraid to HIT the ball.

I agree.

On a brighter note, my girl Sabine tomorrow!! :)))

I'm nervous. It's been too perfect of a ride for Sabine. I'm hoping she doesn't get caught up in it all. I don't think so. But Bartoli hasn't even lost a set yet this tournament.

Should be a good match.

Showaddy

i wonder what the people think that the olympics don't matter think of the sheer relief and joy on federer's face after the match point against del potro, or the story of djokovic sawing his racket after losing the bronze medal match.

it may not be the most prestigious tennis tournament, but to some of the players it probably means an awful lot. djokovic in particular seems rather patriotic (if we ignore the tax avoidance, lol).

I'm amazed people think the Olympics don't matter to the players; it's a chance once every 4 years to actually win something for your country, rather than just yourself.

I'm amazed people think the Olympics don't matter to the players; it's a chance once every 4 years to actually win something for your country, rather than just yourself.

tennis is all about history and the olympics tournament has none. only recently the good players even bothered to show up.

at this point it's a B-Tier tournament with no meaning in terms of legacy.

modulaire

Is there a video/GIF of Marion Bartoli styling her hair with Gatorade just before the match starts? It happened last year if I remember correctly.

I couldn't stop laughing for a couple of minutes.

tennis is all about history and the olympics tournament has none. only recently the good players even bothered to show up.

at this point it's a B-Tier tournament with no meaning in terms of legacy.

they all turn up now, give it a few more years and it'll start getting the same ranking points and prestige as all the other grand slams

they all turn up now, give it a few more years and it'll start getting the same ranking points and prestige as all the other grand slams

Exactly. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see ranking points go up come 2016.

The draw for 2012 was fantastic and led to some great matches.

HeroMK

Neo Member
A double fault to gift the break from each player to start the match. Marion is looking like the stronger player early though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom