• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wimbledon 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i'd prefer murray winning the final, but can't say i'm very convinced based on his play so far. verdasco was really the only one to test him (janowicz is just a big serve and not much else, but maybe he'll develop and actual game over time) and honestly should have probably won, so if djokovic recovers well i'd have to say he's a big favourite.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
latest Wimbledon match pre-roof was 9:47 iirc, so Murray has 10 minutes to finish it to prove his point. :p

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Can't wait to see all the depressed Brits when Djokovic beats Murray.

1. Brits are used to our best tennis players losing. We enjoy it. Henman was a national hero.
2. When he loses, Murray will be Scottish again, not British, so it's all okay.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
At least Murray is done throwing tantrums until Sunday.

image.php

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Janowicz will hopefully be able to get a top-16 seeding for the US Open, too - he's definitely good enough.

Ahhhh dunno who to root for. Do I want Djokovic to win? Do I want Murray to win? Do I want the crowd to get shut up? Whatever, as long as it's a great final~

(leaning to leap into MIMIC's arms)

szaromir

Banned
I hope you and all the Murray fans stick around and don't disappear like last year when this happens.

http://media.masslive.com/sports_impact/photo/aptopix-britain-wimbledon-tennis-9867f9ce39e7ce17.jpg[img][/quote]
I remember the last tournament at Wimbledon, neither Djokovic nor his fans were present during the final ceremony.

[IMG]http://answers.bettor.com/images/Articles/thumbs/extralarge/Juan-Martin-Del-Potro-surprises-Novak-Djokovic-to-capture-bronze-medal-London-Olympics-2012-177812.jpg

Zutroy

He's gonna have to play much better to even stand a chance but I honestly think he will do it.

He's good enough, gonna be tight.

4 finals in a row for him, brilliant.

He should stop focusing on the trophy and focus on the guaranteed statue he would be getting if he won =P

Nicktendo86

Ahhhh dunno who to root for. Do I want Djokovic to win? Do I want Murray to win? Do I want the crowd to get shut up? Whatever, as long as it's a great final~

(leaning to leap into MIMIC's arms)
I stuck a tenner on Murray before the tourney started do I know who I'm rooting for

Oh wow.

Those semis were two for of the finest, if not the finest semis at Wimbledon I have seen in my 40 odd years of watching them.

So good :).

Feel bad for Del Potro. Love his game and his charisma on court was so endearing.

Loved Murray's on court demeanour too; so passionate and his ability to energise the crowd was wonderful to see.

Go Andy in the Final! :D Would love him to win it.

This. No one was playing sub par tennis in any way. Was the real deal.

Murray won his slam soon after anyways outlasting Novak :)

Looking forwards to the match, gonna be a great one I think. Long long rallies.

Murray will need to serve like he was in the last 2 sets - he'll need those free points.

MIMIC

Banned
ew, Murray won

The final is going to SUCK. Murray brings Novak's level way down. Unless Novak is on from the word go, it's gonna be a very miserable final with two guys being afraid to HIT the ball.

Loomba

I just caught up on the drama. I can't believe Janowicz walked off the court before the decision was officially made.

What an asshole. I'm glad he lost.

Really? shiiiiit.

I was thinking him going on about the roof was tactical so he could speak to his coaches. Whether that's true or not, I'm glad he lost too; acting like a child throwing his racket and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom