• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wimbledon 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMoth

Only 2 hours to go! I feel strangely confident that Murray will win. He's beaten Novak in a slam final before and the whole crowd on his side I can't see it going any other way. This is the year! Would be devastating if he lost again though

RedShift

Murray will win in 5 in an incredibly close match, then propose to his GF on the court.

Britain will be happier than it was ever been since the Olympics.

Believe

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
If Murray wins the TV appearances will be great. Always funny to see him on British talk and game shows

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If Murray wins the TV appearances will be great. Always funny to see him on British talk and game shows

Murray does great interviews. Absolutely no time for bullshit and surprisingly sharp.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Murray does great interviews. Absolutely no time for bullshit and surprisingly sharp.
That too! Barely any spin or repeated sentences. Most tennis players always have their standard stuff lined up for every interview, gets very boring

RedShift

Truly hilarious, BBC montage about the last time a British guy won Wimbledon

Henman: Stanley Baldwin was prime minister
MacEnroe: Franklin Roosevelt was president.
Becker: ... Jesse Owens won at the Olympics in Berlin.

Also that Man of Steel Djokovic trail, hilarious.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
BBC is super hype. Djokovic is an alien.

1MlNfMW.jpg

FryHole

Tip for the BBC - if you have to repeat your hype montage to fill the time before the game starts, try scheduling the start of your program later.

mclem

Tip for the BBC - if you have to repeat your hype montage to fill the time before the game starts, try scheduling the start of your program later.
I say forget the sport, just make a BBC programme that's just back-to-back hype montages.

If the BBC were to ever end up as chief propagandists for a totalitarian regime, they'd be unstoppable.

ampere

Wow some people on Twitter....

Congrats to Bartoli, pretty damn impressive for a 15 seed to win.

For men's finals I don't think I have a preference, both those guys are really great players.

FryHole

I say forget the sport, just make a BBC programme that's just back-to-back hype montages.

"Chariots of fire clip, Murray looking happy, shot of the WI making jam, Murray looking anguished, Kipling quote, bit of Jerusalem, Novak looking a bit sinister, bit of Elbow One Day Like This for the kids, tennis shots, crescendo, REPEAT.

Trebles all round!"

Come on then, Andy, do the business.

Saty

The last Brit woman to win Wimbledon was in 1977.
The last Brit man to win Wimbledon was 77 years ago.
Today is the 7\7.

:X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom