• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

Ape

Banned
Apps for Windows Phone.
Windows Phone sales increasing.

PetOum1.gif

mrklaw

MrArseFace
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=55b093dc-219e-472e-9545-4c317f59cb57

Pocket Casts is out now. It looks nice, but I don't know if I want to pay $4 when the stock podcast app works fine.

nice. Not a fan of having to pay for it on each platform, but the cross-platform features including syncing play position are pretty damn nice. Being able to listen on my ipad and continue on my phone in the car on android is great. Good that it is coming to windows phone too.

Android apps on windows phone is a great move. Basically neutralises the app gap. I still love the windows phone OS with live tiles etc. All they need now is a decent flagship. Don't need any more than a 5" 1080p screen personally, and the general dimensions of the 930 are ok. Just get it thinner/lighter and with a killer camera please.

iOS compiling is honestly the bigger deal. Better performance, more apps, and will get people to actually look at the damn thing. Hopefully people will actually do so.

MCD

doubt android devs will even bother to register and hit the publish button. not enough marketshare, sorry!

dream

doubt android devs will even bother to register and hit the publish button. not enough marketshare, sorry!

It's a valid concern though. BlackBerry made it easy to port Android code to their platform. Nobody did it because it's not worth having to support another platform.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Meh, if there's any work required, devs still won't do it. I hope I'm wrong but I'll wait to see if there is significant movement before I recommit to the platform.

Top Bottom