• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

KageMaru

Anyone experiencing a ~5 second delay between hitting the unlock button and the lock screen finally appearing?

Also disappointed that cortana recognized the address listed for my place of work, but didn't give me the reminder when I walked into the building. I thought it was maybe due to me working on the floor above what was listed in the address, but when I went to the floor in the address, I still didn't get a reminder. =/

How can I drain my battery quickly so I could cycle my charges back to normal? I noticed the battery percentage was innacurate. It would be 90% then after rebooting (normal on/off) it would show 85%.
Set screen to be always on, turn on Bluetooth and turn on a graphically intensive game

Right, but how do I do that? Long press doesn't give me any upload option and OneDrive isn't listed under the Share options.
Just tried myself, wow the option isn't there any more. Thats odd

Klocker

ahh finally... I added brightness to my notification tray and have instant access to brightness adjustments from the tray

but fix my Samsung lock screen cortana access!

My current home screen...still working on it, but it's based on maeh2k's layout, which I liked:

bdmNjCa.jpg

Official Twitter app has been really slow since the 8.1 update for me. Takes so long to download images. Not sure why this would happen. Anybody else had this?

Klocker

"show me my calendar for this week"

gives me a large listing to scroll through showing all and a click takes me to calendar event and back takes me back to list.... very convenient

José Mourinho;108284628 said:
Official Twitter app has been really slow since the 8.1 update for me. Takes so long to download images. Not sure why this would happen. Anybody else had this?
Been fine for me, but Joe did mention it as one of the apps that had an 8.1 update on the way.

Twitter hasn't upon updated their app since November smh

How do you get the website pin to look nice like you have the NeoGAF pin? It's been so long since I've had the space for websites on my start screen.

If you go to m.neogaf.com on your phone, near the bottom, there is a specific callout/instructions to WP users to get the nice looking shortcut icon.

kris.

Banned
am very confused as to how to get this update??? i dunno much about windows phones, i only got this 520 as kind of a placeholder until i get my next upgrade, but cortana sounds really cool. how to download pls. i tried checking for one and it said the phone was up to date.

unless 520s aren't getting this and then i'll be incredibly sad.

frontieruk

am very confused as to how to get this update??? i dunno much about windows phones, i only got this 520 as kind of a placeholder until i get my next upgrade, but cortana sounds really cool. how to download pls. i tried checking for one and it said the phone was up to date.

Need to be in the dev program, wpcentral has a guide to getting it set up, I'm running it on a 520 so you'll be good.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I hate how they replaced the heart with a shield. :(

Shield is one stage before heart. Heart comes on after shield. I assume it means something.

At least this is what I observed yesterday.

My battery life is about the same, but as others have pointed out, I am tinkering a LOT with it. And it's fundamentally more useful now.

So how does the OS determine which sites can be pinned and provide updates directly to the live tile? Pinning the Windows Phone blog gives me a live tile that lists the latest headline and pic and can even go wide, but I tried the Battlefield Blog and it pins it like any other site.

dLMN8R

So how does the OS determine which sites can be pinned and provide updates directly to the live tile? Pinning the Windows Phone blog gives me a live tile that lists the latest headline and pic and can even go wide, but I tried the Battlefield Blog and it pins it like any other site.

I think the site has to have an RSS feed configured in some standardized way.

KageMaru

According to this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4Bygaqp3Wk

The site needs to have meta tags added so that live tiles is supported.

Video suggested this site:

http://www.hanselman.com/blog/MakeAWindows81PinnedLiveTileForYOURWebsiteInMinutes.aspx

JaggedSac

Doesn't she have separate volume controls?

Sorry, I wrote that poorly. I meant she just shows Bing results for everything. Such as "Who is your father" and things. Works fine on my phone, just not hers. She talks to her when doing a reminder and personal assistant stuff though. She is on a 920.

Check out my link above, All Windows Phones get this update and it will show you how to get it early :)

Website administrators set it up with some Javascript in the header of the websites source.

Edit: Man, I should really get on using the + symbol to roll responses into one post.

Thanks, guys. I wonder if many sites will take advantage of it. It's cool but I'm not sure it's very useful for anyone using an RSS reader.

yep, figured it out a few minutes ago. thanks anyways!

one question, is the music player any better? WP8s was just awful.

About that... Music player gets a bit worse, but in the process of the Update they decoupled it from the OS and its now a Store app. So, we can expect frequent updates to it.

frontieruk

Sorry, I wrote that poorly. I meant she just shows Bing results for everything. Such as "Who is your father" and things. Works fine on my phone, just not hers. She talks to her when doing a reminder and personal assistant stuff though. She is on a 920.

Does she talk for what's the weather like?

I find she doesn't seem to want to perform before doing an actual job on my device... Also if she just posts answers do you have USA speech setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom