• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedge

Calgary is getting a Microsoft store. Heard on the radio there were jobs to apply to it. Hopefully it's a store and not a kiosk.
Sweet! Chinook?

Pic of EDM one.
u6gaJjP.jpg

Laekon

so does anyone know, is any plan purchase required beyond the phone and my current plan or can I buy this and just switch between it and my daily driver?

confused by the fine print to "no annual contract"
The 2nd sentence under the price says new line activation is required.

Going by Reddit it seems you can just fire in a random number and never activate it http://www.reddit.com/r/windowsphon...rb_lumia_925_just_7999_without_contract_from/

I am going to try this. I have a FAN account so that's probably why it also keep rejecting me and send me to the enterprise side.

edit: hah, they took away the option to get it. Not sure if they ran out, or just glitch, their website is all kind of terribles.

edit2: It works as far as letting me place an order. Let see how easy or hard to terminate the "no contract" line.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I had no idea until I listened to windows weekly that there are certain websites that when you pin them, they actually turn in to live tiles. I just tried it with CNN.com and it worked.

Bri

Bah. Thought I was going to get a Lumia 925, but I really can't decide. Reading about it the battery seems really bad. 2012 specs aren't worrying me too much, but that 16GB storage isn't much to write home about. And 8.1 is coming out this autumn, if we're lucky? Updates seems sooo slooooow.

Chorazin

Bah. Thought I was going to get a Lumia 925, but I really can't decide. Reading about it the battery seems really bad. 2012 specs aren't worrying me too much, but that 16GB storage isn't much to write home about. And 8.1 is coming out this autumn, if we're lucky? Updates seems sooo slooooow.

Well, you can get 8.1 now, just doesn't have the extra Nokia goodness yet.

Paganmoon

Oh, sweet. Thought it was a developer preview build of some sort. But if it's stable enough I'll order myself a 925 right away.

it is a developer preview, thing is, we're all developers :)

It's pretty stable, some minor glitches requiring restarts, there's some strange battery drain at times, but the improvements make up for it all imo.

Klocker

It seems this only available for new line or new plan ....

bummer already have a family plan with 5 lines
thanks guys... no brainer for anyone wanting to get on board with wp though.

on the dev preview... for anyone experiencing issues... dl the diagnostic app

Help make Windows Phone better with the Diagnostics app from Microsoft

For the most part, Windows Phone 8.0 and Windows Phone 8.1 are free of crippling bugs. However, you might find some hiccups with the mobile operating systems here and there. Want to help Microsoft make Windows Phone better? Then use the Diagnostics app for Windows Phone to collect and send diagnostic information to them. Details below.

Diagnostic is an app in the Windows Phone Store that gives users a seamless and secure way to collect and send diagnostic information. It’s a spartan app that focuses on one thing: sending diagnostic information to Microsoft and the Windows Phone team.

After downloading and installing the app you can help track and share a variety of problems across categories like battery, Bluetooth, cellular, device update, messaging, general issues, push notifications and much more. Select the appropriate category and then you can begin tracking your activity in the diagnostics log. Reproduce whatever it is you’re having troubles with and reopen the app to stop diagnostics. Then add any appropriate photos or screenshots and send the data to Microsoft.

MCD

@lastflowers

I know you ain't part of the W8 team but any idea if the translucent or whatever you wanna call it start screen in WP8 will also hit Windows 8?

@lastflowers

I know you ain't part of the W8 team but any idea if the translucent or whatever you wanna call it start screen in WP8 will also hit Windows 8?

technically I am now, along with Xbox. If I knew, I couldn't say. But teams are working hard to make all of the OSes better.

maeh2k

@lastflowers

With Windows it's a bit different, since the actual background is already customizable and not just black or white. And there aren't that many tiles that take on the accent color (if any). So I don't expect them to follow Windows Phone, nor do I think they should.

hwalker84

Someone try this (WP8.1).

Add a passcode to your phone if there isn't one.
Make sure it is locked.
Click on a Facebook notification from action center

Mine always says "trouble getting data" when it launches the Facebook app.

Herr K

Banned
Someone try this (WP8.1).

Add a passcode to your phone if there isn't one.
Make sure it is locked.
Click on a Facebook notification from action center

Mine always says "trouble getting data" when it launches the Facebook app.

My facebook beta app always says that. Doesn't matter if I'm on cellular network or wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom