• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commodore

I for one am pretty excited about devs getting their hooks into the various new APIs that integrate with the action center and Cortana. It'll take some time to get there I'd imagine, to a point where all the big apps are using them, but I'm cool with that.

Also, discovered this tonight, realized after going into email settings that I can finally choose to let email load content automatically without having to tell it after I open it. A little daily annoyance is gone.

So... where is the documentation for this social extensibility framework? I'm making an app for a social network that is yet to be on WP, and this kind of functionality would be an awesome feature that the iOS and Android clients wouldn't be able to match.

Not saying what it is yet because it's so far out from being ready and I don't want to get peoples' hopes up, but once a private beta is on the near horizon I'll be posting a link for people here to try it out :)

I think the APIs for that are private, so just major social networks, messaging services, etc will be able to plug into the OS at that level. At least for now.

My phone restarted while I was using it twice today. :/

Not sure if this was just a coincidence, but I was typing with word flow both times when it happened.

derFeef

Search for the app in the store (or look in the "my apps" section).

rebooting your phone can flush the cache. I think there's a way to do it in the store app, but I've forgotten. Maybe go to 'Downloads' or 'Settings' and I think there's a button 'Check for Updates' somewhere in the store app

Weird, did not work for me other than re-installing. Oh well... updates always came 5 days late for me.

Tomcat

The first example that the new integration is better just arrived. You can check in with the me tile using the 4th mayor app. By the way Microsoft's remote desktop asp is out too.

http://www.reddit.com/r/windowsphone/comments/23qqd2/concept_design_for_the_now_playing_of_the_xbox/
sxGlwVj.jpg

This would be a godsend, the current one is a steaming pile of

Magni

I think the APIs for that are private, so just major social networks, messaging services, etc will be able to plug into the OS at that level. At least for now.

Well, 4th and Mayor got access to it (but you need to download a separate app, which is kinda ugly).

JaggedSac

That OnePlus device sure is a hell of a lot of value it seems. I hope this helps shakes things up a bit. Especially with phone subsidies slowly going away.

NeOak

So the Remote Desktop app is out.

I've been using it to work for about 2 hours now since the internet is out at work. Has worked perfectly and I'm even using the Project My Screen App too so I don't have to look at my 1520 all the time.

How crazy would it be if the new OEM tools would leak and people could actually start making their own Windows Phones ROMs again and put them on Android devices.

f0lken

José Mourinho;109221219 said:
Remote desktop finally being out is nice.

I can't get it to work, and when I unninstalled it from my iPad and re installed it I couldn't get it to work neither :/

Soo, I just realized that my accelerometer and gyroscope isn't working. Dont think it has anything to do with 8.1 though because It did this back in 8.0 for a whole week after I got my phone back from repair.

I can't get it to work, and when I unninstalled it from my iPad and re installed it I couldn't get it to work neither :/
I had it working but it now refuses to connect to either of my systems. Did you have all relevant settings on your computers set up?

edit: Scratch that, I'm functional again.

Hey will I be able to download the developer preview after AT&T pushes out the carrier release? I want a fully functional 8.1, but I also want Data Sense and Wifi Sense, and I'm sure AT&T will take both of those out.

KageMaru

Really happy I didn't reset back to 8.0. Ever since I reset cortana, my phone has been working great besides a few hiccups here and there.

Battery life seems to be going back to normal as well.

Kind of odd how Cortana won't recognize my work though.

bigmf

I think my camera grip for my 1020 is broken. It doesn't charge anymore. It couldn't be the USB cord could it? The cord will charge the phone but not the grip.

kazinova

Oh nice. LOL

I don't really do podcasts.. any good recommendations? :)

Games:
Giant Bombcast
Player One Podcast
Idle Thumbs
The Rumble Pack (full disclosure this is my podcast, we interview smaller developers and stuff.../shameless_plug)

Other:
Radiolab
Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me
All Songs Considered
Umphrey's McGee Podcast (60min of select live shows, great to have if oyu like jam bands)
Windows Weekly (if you can tolerate Leo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom