• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apple is hopefully moving towards the integrated services model that all the original WP crew fell in love with. And unlike WP, Apple has the developer support to make adoption happen more quickly. I'm not happy that the WP platform is becoming more android-like. Apple just needs to implement live tiles and a word flow keyboard already.
Good luck with that.

dLMN8R

It would be a shame to pay $200 for a phone running 2-year-old hardware when new phones are probably just a few months away :-/

delirium

I don't think Tmobile is getting the 930, so I would be forced to get an international version, no?

That would probably go 400-500 USD?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
It would be a shame to pay $200 for a phone running 2-year-old hardware when new phones are probably just a few months away :-/

I'm dying for new hardware here! It's May and we haven't heard a thing, and the 930 apparently isn't headed to the US. Very frustrating, trying hard not to jump ship.

hwalker84

I'm dying for new hardware here! It's May and we haven't heard a thing, and the 930 apparently isn't headed to the US. Very frustrating, trying hard not to jump ship.
I feel you bro. Need something high end on AT&T that's not my 1520.

On a side note anything similar to MPAtool that works with windows phone 8.1?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Xbox music needs a family option like Beats music. I was thinking of dropping it since my subscription expired, but its still the best option for me because of the devices I own, including the Xbox one, which I love watching music videos on.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I feel you bro. Need something high end on AT&T that's not my 1520.

The frustrating thing is that the 1520 doesn't offer the performance boost you would expect from its chip set. Camera still lags, multitasking is still full of resume screens, etc. The calling card for the OS, its smoothness, is still there, albeit less so on the beta, but android is getting very smooth, while offering better multitasking and faster overall performance on the 800 level chips. Windows phone is starting to seem slow when comparing it to the flagships on android. Ios7 seems to have slowed down Apple, however, with the animations, but multitasking is still better than ours in terms of speed.

hwalker84

The frustrating thing is that the 1520 doesn't offer the performance boost you would expect from its chip set. Camera still lags, multitasking is still full of resume screens, etc. The calling card for the OS, its smoothness, is still there, albeit less so on the beta, but android is getting very smooth, while offering better multitasking and faster overall performance on the 800 level chips. Windows phone is starting to seem slow when comparing it to the flagships on android. Ios7 seems to have slowed down Apple, however, with the animations, but multitasking is still better than ours in terms of speed.

Once again agree. The OS is known for speed and I'm worried the speed hiccups i'm seeing (mostly animations) is because we don't have the latest Nokia firmware. They have to figure out a way to get the camera times more instant.

PG2G

Anyone figure out how to make the Xbox music app actually sync the playlists? I created one on my PC this morning and have had a jerk off a time trying to get it to show up on my phone.

I'm guessing this is just more app suckage. When is the next updater due, this week?

Razdek

Banned
Anyone figure out how to make the Xbox music app actually sync the playlists? I created one on my PC this morning and have had a jerk off a time trying to get it to show up on my phone.

I'm guessing this is just more app suckage. When is the next updater due, this week?

It's just the shitty app that has issues syncing properly on WP but for some reason it syncs properly for the android app. I added songs from the W8 app and it showed up immediately on the android app but not on the WP one.

Tomcat

We need apps with the new tools build for win 8.1 to eliminate the resuming. Check new apps like reading list, compass 8.1, movie moments, podcasts. If we were talking about Apple I wouldn't be worried since all the developers would migrate to the new tools. Don't know with windows phone developers what will happen though.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
We need apps with the new tools build for win 8.1 to eliminate the resuming. Check new apps like reading list, compass 8.1, movie moments, podcasts. If we were talking about Apple I wouldn't be worried since all the developers would migrate to the new tools. Don't know with windows phone developers what will happen though.

The podcast app still resumes for me. And talk about performance, I had a much longer response typed up for you and the phone lock screen came on when I grabbed some water. When I unlock my phone, this page reloads and I lost my response. 😠

This phone has 2gb of ram, for crying out loud! Plus I was on the page, I didn't even navigate away.

Podcasts has a fat resume session pretty much all the time.

Should be a new Xbox music update this week.

I just noticed that none of my contact details are linked on my phone - shouldn't this be synced with my Windows 8/Outlook people hub?

NeOak

The podcast app still resumes for me. And talk about performance, I had a much longer response typed up for you and the phone lock screen came on when I grabbed some water. When I unlock my phone, this page reloads and I lost my response. 😠

This phone has 2gb of ram, for crying out loud! Plus I was on the page, I didn't even navigate away.

That is my biggest gripe with the update. That IE doesn't use the RAM anymore like before with the 6 tabs and so RELOADS everything D:

Nero3000

So....prediction for Surface Mini Verge review?

+ Nice design
+ Good battery life

- Doesn't run desktop apps
- Screen is too small to use desktop apps
- Not as high a PPI as iPad
- Desktop apps don't respect PPI settings (its 3rd party problem but we are going to blame MS anyway)
- Has stylus
- Runs IE

mrklaw

MrArseFace

podcasts app? I used podcatcher currently, is there a better option?

edit: oh the built in podcasts app? I thought I didn't get that as I'm in the UK. Hmm, series settings are quite limited - can't get it to keep all unplayed episodes without it wanting to download everything first.

Not having automatic uploads for reframe/edits makes the feature completely useless to me :(

I usually go out to take pictures, but only edit them at home. By the time I finish editing/reframing them all, some of them were already uploaded, and it actually becomes more bothersome to check which ones to upload at my onedrive... Might as well just upload them all manually XD

hwalker84

So I have a friend who's Facebook name is in Kanji. In WP8.0 when I needed to link his page to his contact I scrolled down to the Globe and there he would be. He doesn't show up at all in 8.1.

Bri

So I have a friend who's Facebook name is in Kanji. In WP8.0 when I needed to link his page to his contact I scrolled down to the Globe and there he would be. He doesn't show up at all in 8.1.

tumblr_mwua9wCuWB1qfmn7bo1_500.gif

Special C

All my contacts have synched to both Google and Backup Assistant plus. If I remove the backup assistant plus will contacts sync to google when I add them? Is there an easy way to remove backup assistant plus versions of all my contacts? I belive BA+ is a Verizon thing.

maeh2k

Went to tap a notification for a text message I received and my phone rebooted

I tapped on a Skype notification today and then it didn't show me the new message, but had me sign in to Skype again.

... but on the plus side, I actually got a Skype message perfectly on time without having the app open or anything. I was pleasantly surprised.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Beats is giving Rudy grief since apparently his studio 6Studio is a lot like Beats Studio apparently. Fucking dumb companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom