• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Special C

Is there a way to "refresh" live tiles. Even after turning my phone on/off several times my photos Live tile shows the same first 2 photos I took when I got my phone 2 months ago. It also shows the "stock" photos that I deleted ages ago. My Flixster live Tile has been showing captain America ever since I downloaded the app. I have a nokia Icon.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Not me!

Ok, me too.

Am I imagining things, or is ie noticeably faster since the update?

Like what? I still get choppy animations, lag, and briefly blank tiles just scrolling through the home screen.

Combined with bad battery life, it's like we were asking for android phones from a year ago. I can't wait for the cyan bits, those optimizations should make a big difference.

Is there a way to "refresh" live tiles. Even after turning my phone on/off several times my photos Live tile shows the same first 2 photos I took when I got my phone 2 months ago. It also shows the "stock" photos that I deleted ages ago. My Flixster live Tile has been showing captain America ever since I downloaded the app. I have a nokia Icon.
Flixster randomly updates the live tile. Some weeks it shows off several movies, other times it's stuck on the same movie for weeks. Don't bother trying to figure out it's update schedule.

Yeah, battery feels definitely improved after updating, and the whole phone feels snappier... But I'm still having random disconnects when streaming music over bluetooth to my car... Guess I'll keep spamming the diagnostics app :p

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I know my car Bluetooth issues have more to do with the crappy deck I have rather than the phone. I think lastflowers has talked before about the really disjointed way in which these companies implement BT into their hardware and what a nightmare it is to work seamlessly with all of them.

Klocker

8.1 BT in the car only works for me (very slowly) through Cortana

the manual microphone does not work to enter texts or emails or from other apps

ford sync

JaggedSac

Like what? I still get choppy animations, lag, and briefly blank tiles just scrolling through the home screen.

Combined with bad battery life, it's like we were asking for android phones from a year ago. I can't wait for the cyan bits, those optimizations should make a big difference.

Can't say I'm seeing these issues.

KageMaru

have you tried signing in/out of the developer preview app?

I actually just checked that and yup, for some reason I was logged out of the dev preview app. Logged back in, enabled it, and the update finally worked. Thanks for the response though, greatly appreciated.

Edit:

Phone has gotten really warm while installing my apps, hopefully this thing cools down after all is said and done.

1020's camera has been giving me focus problems starting at around the time of the original 8.1 preview install. Catching focus can be great to really poor. I notice when I tap to focus on the center of the screen it works fine but still an annoyance.

Installed Nokia Camera Beta and it produces much sharper pictures but still giving me the same up and down focus problems. Hopefully the Cyan update can correct things to their previous performance.

Edit: Preview after shot was also removed from Nokia camera beta.

I'll have to wait to fully judge until I get a full day with the update tomorrow, but based on this afternoon battery life seems significantly improved, and it didn't get nearly as warm when I used it for a sustained period of time.

Stuff like Bluetooth could definitely be related to firmware

Yeah, could be that... Nokia is preparing new drivers/firmware by the time 8.1 final hits, right?

I know my car Bluetooth issues have more to do with the crappy deck I have rather than the phone. I think lastflowers has talked before about the really disjointed way in which these companies implement BT into their hardware and what a nightmare it is to work seamlessly with all of them.

I can see that but it used to work almost flawlessly on 8.0 (minus some hiccups that happened here and there), now I can listen to about 5 songs in a row until the connection drops and I have to reset the bluetooth on the phone to reconnect again.

It's less annoying than it sounds, so no biggie, but I hope that eventually it does get ironed out.

Esque7

Got the Lumia Icon yesterday and redeemed the $25 gift card from MS. Have no idea what to use it on though, any paid app/game recommendations?

Paganmoon

Spotify is much better now

Not for me, still having issues with it not resuming if I pause and don't resume within 1 minute, have to unlock phone, open the app, wait a minute, and then it realizes I had a song playing and I can resume it.

And still can't seem to use local music files with it.

But phone doesn't seem to get stuck on resuming for 30 seconds every time I unlock it after latest 8.1 update. At least that's positive.

Battery is still crappy even with today update. My car Bluetooth now work flawlessly. I see a lot of 1520 on eBay for around $330 which is surprising.

Persona7

Banned
Opening and closing Skype 9 times used 1MB of data. :-S

i left tumblr open again overnight and it used like 500mb of data

does anyone know if setting up a microsoft account on a Lumia automatically sets up a nokia account? I've been using a lumia for a while and I got a few emails from nokia the other day.

Razdek

Banned
Put me in for slightly snappier performance but still shit battery after the update. They really need to get the batter performance fixed in the final update.

derFeef

Updating my old 8X to 8.1for my girlfriend (she will get a Nokia soon-ish).
Man that 16GB memory is bad, haha, more than half is already used - with nothing installed.

bigmf

I've been charging my phone in the afternoon, usually unplugging it after work. When I would get to work in the morning the battery level would be in the high sixties. This morning it was at 87%. I hope this continues.

n64coder

So I got a new phone for my wife and am setting it up with Windows 8.1, etc. I created her own Microsoft account so that her settings/pictures/etc will sync correctly.

Can I then use my account to access the store? It doesn't seem like there's a way to do that. Originally I used my account to setup the phone but then I noticed it would sync up my OneDrive stuff onto her phone which I don't want. I just want her to be able to use the apps that I have purchased on my account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom