• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you trying to change the email address associated with your account or something else? Sorry searching for that error didn't produce any solid results.

In the most basic sense, yes.

The long version is my GT is associated with my mother's email because when I got Live a few years back, she had an MS account and I did not. Now that I have become invested in the MS ecosystem, I would LOVE to have my information under my Outlook email/MS account. Both Xbox AND Windows Phone apps.

It seems that we WP users are the ones who experience the 8016fe6d error, as you can find others in the Xbox forums who are frustrated with this as well.

Anyone else use Weave?

925 running 8.1.

I had to uninstall it yesterday due to it suddenly becoming nonresponsive and refusing to open. Shame, ad I used it daily since joining the WP family last January.

My replacement this far is Magnify beta, but I'm open to other suggestions.

derFeef

Anyone else use Weave? I had to uninstall it yesterday due to it suddenly becoming nonresponsive and refusing to open. Shame, ad I used it daily since joining the WP family last January.

NextGenReader is still my prefered newsreader due to Feedly support but I heard Magnify is pretty good too.

MCD

Anyone else use Weave?

925 running 8.1.

I had to uninstall it yesterday due to it suddenly becoming nonresponsive and refusing to open. Shame, ad I used it daily since joining the WP family last January.

Some server issue on their side, apparently.

my 1st wp lol
LG-Quantum-1-550x450.jpg

hadareud

The Translator
Was spotify always 10 quid a month?

I thought it was 7 before.

A tenner is a lot.

edit: hmm, apparently I'm also paying 9 quid a month for Xbox music. I thought that was 7 too.

Looks like I'm going mental.

Paganmoon

Cool. Still no access to local files though (I want to mix local music in my spotify playlists). Anyone tried syncing music from the desktop app? Supported now?

ElNino

Anyone else use Weave?

925 running 8.1.

They had server issues on the weekend (allegedly due to a glitch with the Azure services) but it is back up and working now.

Chorazin

New Spotify app is freaking great, and unlike the Music app it actually works every time I tap the icon!

Cancelled Xbox Music and switched back as soon as I saw the new update dropped. I pay for premium to download music for offline play (crap reception in my office), or else I'd be mad salty about no free play right along side you guys.

Nero3000

So i'm guessing there will be a Windows 8.1 equivalent of the Podcasts app that syncs subscriptions, playback position etc?.....right?

KageMaru

In the most basic sense, yes.

The long version is my GT is associated with my mother's email because when I got Live a few years back, she had an MS account and I did not. Now that I have become invested in the MS ecosystem, I would LOVE to have my information under my Outlook email/MS account. Both Xbox AND Windows Phone apps.

It seems that we WP users are the ones who experience the 8016fe6d error, as you can find others in the Xbox forums who are frustrated with this as well.

I switched email addresses too and kept all of my content across all my devices. Make the other email account your alias, then you should have the option to make it your primary email address associated with the account. Bad part is you'll need to do a hard reset on your phone to use the new email address.

Commodore

Pretty jazzed to hear about the long awaited update for Spotify, and then bummed to hear it is still just for Premium subscribers still. I want to use its worlds better socially connected playlists compared to XBOX Music, who still doesn't have any sort of smart playlist support. Its killing me, I'm a subscriber from fairly early in Zune's life, and I still have an old $15/month, 10 credits account that's grandfathered in. Right now, its the only thing that's keeping me with XBM, because its still fantastic to listen to whatever I want and then keep what I like, but I primarily listen to music via culled smart playlists, and I've been running on fumes here, listening to old playlists I'd made before Zune was abandoned and then downgraded...twice. Thinking I might not last much longer.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
So retail is gonna have to make room for new 8.1 devices from HTC, LG, and Samsung. Hmmmmm

I absolutely need a new phone. I'm thisclose to jumping ship to android, and hoping that the new iPhones drop early like the rumors suggest. But an S5 or One m8 with 8.1 will do the trick for me. I'm not expecting a 1020 successor this year and I want a device with the 801 chipset because of the tremendous battery life gains.

hwalker84

I absolutely need a new phone. I'm thisclose to jumping ship to android, and hoping that the new iPhones drop early like the rumors suggest. But an S5 or One m8 with 8.1 will do the trick for me. I'm not expecting a 1020 successor this year and I want a device with the 801 chipset because of the tremendous battery life gains.

A 4.7 and/or 5.5 inch iPhone would make jumping back easier.

I switched email addresses too and kept all of my content across all my devices. Make the other email account your alias, then you should have the option to make it your primary email address associated with the account. Bad part is you'll need to do a hard reset on your phone to use the new email address.

I did try that but could not as the alias would be my MS account, and they don't allow that.

It a convoluted mess.

MarkusRJR

So I only have 2gb remaining on my phone. Should I be worried at all once I upgrade to 8.1? I'm worried about Other storage and the updated OS taking up a bunch of my storage space.

this_guy

Anyone else use Weave?

925 running 8.1.

No longer using Windows Phone, but when I did I used Fuse as my news reader. It looks similar to Pulse which I use on Android and iPhone, and it's made by Rudy Huyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom