• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG2G

Is there a way to pin individual settings to my screen. Like a dedicated pin for turning Wifi on and off?

I assume you're not on 8.1?

There are adios that do stuff like that, but they are just links to the setting. In 8.1 you can toggle from the action center

I wish apps gave the option of whether or not the live tile was transparent, much like 6snap. I like using the transparent, but some I'd rather have use their normal tiles and it's not a lot of hassle to add an option in the app settings. I'm looking at you Xbox Video.

NeOak

José Mourinho;115218925 said:
I wish apps gave the option of whether or not the live tile was transparent, much like 6snap. I like using the transparent, but some I'd rather have use their normal tiles and it's not a lot of hassle to add an option in the app settings. I'm looking at you Xbox Video.

Send the suggestion to the team in France.

hadareud

The Translator
Not sure about that.

It has Qi built in, while the 1030 may not have (going by last year). It has a good camera, it looks nice, good screen, good processor etc. It's a great upgrade on the 920 in every way.

If you don't care about pureview, I don't think there's any point in waiting for November. Unless the 3d touch is absolutely amazing, which I shall doubt until I've seen proof.

My gf has the 930 on pre-order, I'll let you know how it is when it comes out.

PG2G

Just a reminder for those of us that won't be at home to watch the E3 press conference, you can watch it on your mobile using the Live Video Player app

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Is there a quick way to change the ringer volume while a headphone is plugged in? I only see what I assume is the headset volume.

Mario007

Just a reminder for those of us that won't be at home to watch the E3 press conference, you can watch it on your mobile using the Live Video Player app
Is that the standard video app on the phone, because I can't seem to find that app on the webstore.

hadareud

The Translator
That raises some questions:

Which year?

And will they manage to make it as buggy as the Windows 8 version our alternatively, have as many vulnerabilities as the win32 one?

Nero3000

Does anyone else have this bug where podcasts wont download when roaming even when on WiFi?

QuJHTks.png

Paganmoon

On spotify, i have to press playlist twice for it to go to my playlists, brings up "popular playlists" first, (as if I care...), even when that page is the first thing you see when you start the app. Is it by design or am I doing something wrong?

derFeef

On spotify, i have to press playlist twice for it to go to my playlists, brings up "popular playlists" first, (as if I care...), even when that page is the first thing you see when you start the app. Is it by design or am I doing something wrong?

It's bad by design. same as shuffle and repeat not saving.
bad bad bad.

Did I say bad?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I switched over to my wife's 1520, and man, it feels good to have all day battery life. I've gotten used to the size, this will hold me over until the fall. My wife's lost though, she went Android. :(

I switched over to my wife's 1520, and man, it feels good to have all day battery life. I've gotten used to the size, this will hold me over until the fall. My wife's lost though, she went Android. :(

I don't know if it's a lost, my daughter is not coming back to Windows Phone either. Too many apps on Android that she doesn't want to give up. : /

The 1030 in November might be too late for me unless they leak that it will be something awesome. I don't think I can hold out that long ... with Apple stepping up.

JaggedSac

I don't know if it's a lost, my daughter is not coming back to Windows Phone either. Too many apps on Android that she doesn't want to give up. : /

The 1030 in November might be too late for me unless they leak that it will be something awesome. I don't think I can hold out that long ... with Apple stepping up.

Apple stepped up?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Apple stepped up?

With a screen size that's actually more desirable, the room for a bigger camera/battery and the best mobile ecosystem on the planet....they will likely be the ones to beat this year.

I think I can at least wait until McLaren is announced with my 1520 before I have to decide.

Watevaman

Can someone explain to me how to connect my Lumia Icon as a mass storage device to PC? I'm running W7 on my PC and even with my default media players being MPC and Irfanview for vids and pictures respectively, it doesn't open media in them when looking at my phone through explorer and I suspect that's something to do with it being recognized as a device and not storage.

Can someone explain to me how to connect my Lumia Icon as a mass storage device to PC? I'm running W7 on my PC and even with my default media players being MPC and Irfanview for vids and pictures respectively, it doesn't open media in them when looking at my phone through explorer and I suspect that's something to do with it being recognized as a device and not storage.

Can you see the media files? There are different drivers that are used for writing to internal storage and SD card storage. Sometimes I've noticed that the device won't pop-up on the PC and required a reboot.

Also, I have a USB cable that can only function as a 'charging' cable. Using that cable will never pop up the WP as a removable storage device. It's potentially the USB cable you are using. Why exactly that is, I cannot say (maybe 1.1 vs 2?)

hwalker84

With a screen size that's actually more desirable, the room for a bigger camera/battery and the best mobile ecosystem on the planet....they will likely be the ones to beat this year.

I think I can at least wait until McLaren is announced with my 1520 before I have to decide.

Same. But you now good and damn well Van we both can't wait. You seem to have as much disposable cash and the tech itch as I do.

hwalker84

Under device manager does it say the device under "Universal Serial Bus Devices" while connected? If not right click and uninstall. Plug the phone back in and Windows should install the proper device drivers.

JaggedSac

They've always had good battery life, cameras, and the best ecosystem. The only way they've stepped up is screen size?

PG2G

I didn't think you could use a WP has a Mass Storage Device and that the file transfers were via MTP or something. Or did that change?

PG2G

Just realized that my inability to resume Music from the start screen is due to some stupid app I was using to have a transparent tile... oops :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom