• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ape

Banned
I too was hoping for an 82 mp 1030, preferably prominently displayed on the camera hump.

Alternatively I'll accept if there's significant improvements to the quality of the camera without more mps.

I actually liked what HTC did with their camera. Dual cameras for whatever reason. The new 1020 should have similar tech so we can call it the camel.

PG2G

I'm not too surprised. I always assumed the 10XX line was about pushing extreme camera technologies that would make their way down into the mainstream handsets.

I expect it to be something completely unrelated to what we now know as PurewView, maybe the Lytro like camera?

Sordid

The Windows Phone 8 app on Windows 8.1 fails to sync my music to my old 620 with no error message and the desktop app doesn't list all of the music. I tried copying the music straight to the SD card itself but the phone only saw 3 artists, yhis is the first time I've tried to sync music to a WP8 phone and it's a nightmare. RIP Zune :(

I've plugged the 620 into my computer now and I'm copying the music to the sd card that way, will that work? It's going to take 6 hours(!) instead of the 45 mins it took directly to the sd card.

Lytro features in a 1030 sound incredibly gimmicky. I've used the refocus app in my 1020 once. They should have just built on the 1020 tech; new features like slow mo, faster lens, faster processing, add software image stabilization to go along with the mechanical image stabilization. Add that into the Icon and I'd be happy.

hwalker84

The Windows Phone 8 app on Windows 8.1 fails to sync my music to my old 620 with no error message and the desktop app doesn't list all of the music. I tried copying the music straight to the SD card itself but the phone only saw 3 artists, yhis is the first time I've tried to sync music to a WP8 phone and it's a nightmare. RIP Zune :(

I've plugged the 620 into my computer now and I'm copying the music to the sd card that way, will that work? It's going to take 6 hours(!) instead of the 45 mins it took directly to the sd card.

This is what I use

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009D79VH4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

evleaks got a blog and he posted this:
  • 635 headed to T-Mobile USA, AT&T, possibly Sprint
  • 530 on T-mobile
  • WP 8.1 Blue GDR1 – the update after WP8.1 (Not Nokia Cyan?) hitting shelves in Q3
  • Codename Tesla and Superman for AT&T and Verizon respectively. Both said to be Midrange.
  • Flagship is codename McLaren. AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile may all be getting it.
  • Details for 2014 are more vague. Two more devices for AT&T. Makepeace and Dempsey.
  • Harking back to ancient roots, 2015 flagship phablet, Talkman
  • Another phablet, Cityman.

ok.

cool things coming to storyteller, don't know when. Michiel was really passionate. Definitely hope it is coming before my trip to London, but I doubt it.

JaggedSac

• 530 on T-mobile
  • WP 8.1 Blue GDR1 – the update after WP8.1 (Not Nokia Cyan?) hitting shelves in Q3
  • Codename Tesla and Superman for AT&T and Verizon respectively. Both said to be Midrange.
  • Flagship is codename McLaren. AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile may all be getting it.
  • Details for 2014 are more vague. Two more devices for AT&T. Makepeace and Dempsey.

ok.

Are they saying no flagship for 2014? Wtf?

• 530 on T-mobile

ok.

So, 920 4 lyfe

Okay then

KageMaru

Lastflowers, for all that is good in this world, can you guys please do something about this shit cursor? I just got done helping someone with their note 3 and it is absolute joy to use compared to WP when moving the cursor. Trying to type the post below was far more frustrating than it really needed to be. Even going back to the old way it worked would be ideal.

Are they saying no flagship for 2014? Wtf?

Could this be this years flagship? It doesn't specify a year:

Flagship is codename McLaren. AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile may all be getting it

I'm not even sure what companies these rumors are referring to. I thought the 930 was Nokia's flagship this year.

Magni

I hope I can buy a McLaren from Nokia directly that works everywhere. It's looking more and more like I'll be living on three/four continents next year, I need a global phone. (That and fuck waiting for carriers for updates).

edit

My second favorite WP developer just updated his app :D http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/messenger/3219d30d-4a23-4f58-a91c-c44b04e6a0c7

I was at F8 in SF when they announced that feature just over a month ago, glad to finally see it on WP :D A five-week delay is much better than most other apps :lol

So my Nokia Lumia 1020 just bloated up and burned on me. The charging dock is bloated out, and crispy black, and the whole device smells like smoke.

Just contacted Nokia and am shipping them my phone, anyone know how good Nokia is with fixing devices when they're under warranty? I honestly hope they don't look at my phone, see a cracked screen, and assume the battery leaking/whatever was my fault. :p

Anyways... shame. Now I have to use an iPhone 5s until my Phone is back. :(
Pics?

Can we stop complaining now?
no. :p

Serious reply: They'll have missed all the people that renewed to various Samsung,HTC and LG flagships and November likely means they'll be launching in a post iPhone 6 climate. This is not how you increase market share.

• 530 on T-mobile

ok.

635 on Sprint?

i may get one just to mess with if its cheap enough.

edit: wat, no FFC, the 620 had one!

PG2G

no. :p

Serious reply: They'll have missed all the people that renewed to various Samsung,HTC and LG flagships and November likely means they'll be launching in a post iPhone 6 climate. This is not how you increase market share.

The Lumia 630 is how you increase marketshare, unfortunately.

And I meant more from the users who thought they wouldn't have a phone to upgrade to :p

Agreed with KageMaru. After what, about six weeks with 8.1 on my phone, I can confidently day I think the new cursor system is bad, and a significant step back from what it used to be.

I have a 1020 and will agree the 920 was best. My gf still uses my old 920 and its flawless. I sometime fumble through settings of my camera while she snaps away.

JaggedSac

KageMaru

Can we stop complaining now? A new flagship, non carrier exclusive phones, and a fairly good range of devices on each carrier for 2014

Trust me, I'm sure there will be more to complain about. =P

Agreed with KageMaru. After what, about six weeks with 8.1 on my phone, I can confidently day I think the new cursor system is bad, and a significant step back from what it used to be.

Yup, everytime I tried to drag the cursor between the quote tags, it would shoot to the top of the post for some reason and start spazzing all over the area I could type. This was immediately after messing around with an Android phone. It clearly highlighted how horrible the cursor is in 8.1.

f0lken

I just noticed a pretty cool thing, Halo Spartan Assault on the Xbox One loads my save file from my Lumia. Nice touch.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Started using Blue Skies for weather. So far I really like the design. The live tile is one of the better ones as well I think.

n64coder

I have a 1020 and will agree the 920 was best. My gf still uses my old 920 and its flawless. I sometime fumble through settings of my camera while she snaps away.

How is the 920 with saving pictures? I find that it's annoying that it takes a couple of seconds for a picture to save on my 1020.

Sordid

Finally got my phone to recognise all of my music today \o/

Edit: It's overwritten a lot of my album art with incorrect ones from Xbox Music, can you turn that off in 8.1?

Edit 2: It's renaming albums as well, fucking hell. What a waste of time!

Edit 3: All is not lost, Nokia MixRadio & the old WP8 music hub (via the Music Hub Tile app) display my music properly and are faster to boot. The 8.1 music app really is horrendous.

Slow as shit, even with offline files. Have to wait a few seconds for titles to populate anytime I scroll.
Resumes properly 10% of the time; needs to be relaunched the rest of the time.
Doesn't have basic functionality that the old tile had, like "New" section.

stktt

Banned
Still randomly refuses to resume
No live tile
Lock screen art doesn't work
No recent history or new sections

Other than that, I actually prefer it from a UI and feature perspective to the old hub.

Just sayin, 1520 beats 920 in every possible metric, from camera to speed to resolution to screen size.

edit: dammit forgot about Qi. Stupid AT&T...

TylerD

Looks like I need to baby my 920 a bit more if there isn't a great option for upgrade come November. Performance wise, I have zero complaints. Only having intermittent issues where my SIM card shows as invalid and after a couple of reboots its ok.

Am I the only person with no issues with the new music app?

Then again, Xbox Music is not available in my region, so it basically acts like a bog standard music player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom