• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCD

Saw a date today of July 3 for the 930 in Ireland. Wonder how that'll translate for the UK.

Why this phone is taking so long to release is beyond me. Fucking idiots. I doubt demand is outstripping supply with the Icon.

Could be software is not ready.

It's already out in the US, it's called the Lumia Icon and it's exclusively available at Verizon Wireless.
What the shit? I thought the 930 was the "AT&T" version of the Icon. Shit. I wanted a green 930, I don't believe the Icon offers a Green version.

Fuck. So the 930 is never releasing to AT&T or America?

MCD

What the shit? I thought the 930 was the "AT&T" version of the Icon. Shit. I wanted a green 930, I don't believe the Icon offers a Green version.

Fuck. So the 930 is never releasing to AT&T or America?

Nope. But if the rumors are true, then you will get a better phone on all US carriers this fall.

Please wait.

Nope. But if the rumors are true, then you will get a better phone on all US carriers this fall.

Please wait.
Guess I'll sport the glorious 1020 for a few more months.

Hope the new flagship phone will have colored options. I want a blue phone! But I'll accept yellow or green. :)

Eanan

So I'm back to windows phone after a year out. Coming from windows phone 7.5 to windows phone 8 on this lumia 625 is quite the jump. Enjoying it so far.

Only €90 also for the unlocked lumia and comes with €30 store voucher for apps etc. And a three month Xbox live subscription is quite the deal.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Please wait.

what rumours? I'd held off, hoping to get a 930 when they eventually release in the UK. But if a few more months will give me something even better, then I'll wait.

Anyway to force teach new words to the dictionary? For some strange reason the Portuguese dictionary lacks a few words, none of tem are slang, and are never suggested when I swipe. But unlike other words like slangs or abbreviations the swipe keyboard never learn them, no matter how often I use.

And the words are common, mostly verbs like roll, speak, etc...

NeOak

Anyway to force teach new words to the dictionary? For some strange reason the Portuguese dictionary lacks a few words, none of tem are slang, and are never suggested when I swipe. But unlike other words like slangs or abbreviations the swipe keyboard never learn them, no matter how often I use.

And the words are common, mostly verbs like roll, speak, etc...

Highlight the word and press the one that has the "+" next to it.

joshschw

The new Facebook Beta has much better performance - and nicer visually - but why can I still not go back and forth between comments and the photo when I click through from the People Hub! Ahhh

Magni

Saw more Lumias then iPhones when I lived in Chile last year, I wouldn't be surprised if that's also the case in Brazil.

Really liking the new Facebook beta, my only gripes are that settings are hidden in the last tab rather than as an AppBar menu item, and that the "pivot" isn't a true pivot (you can't go from first to last or vice-versa). I know this is so the right panel can work, but still.

Also, now that Messenger communicates with Facebook, it'd be nice if Facebook could communicate with Messenger (not showing messages in the Facebook app if you have Messenger and opening Messenger from tapping the Messages button in the Facebook app).

Great update overall though.

Highlight the word and press the one that has the "+" next to it.

When I type something uncommon that option appears, but for these words it's not available :(

It feels like the dictionary have then, but for some reason it's never suggested by the swipe keyboard...

With Amazon Prime Music not available on WP, my Lumia 2520 has now become my primary music player. MS sooooo needs to get the Modern IE browser over to WP, it plays f'n everything.

derFeef

I hate the store so much, why do apps not show up that are clearly available on the marketplace. I needed to search for the FB beta online to get it on my WP...

ana

I hate the store so much, why do apps not show up that are clearly available on the marketplace. I needed to search for the FB beta online to get it on my WP...

I usein Windows phone central app for some programs as it has links .. Website also has links

Saw more Lumias then iPhones when I lived in Chile last year, I wouldn't be surprised if that's also the case in Brazil.

Really liking the new Facebook beta, my only gripes are that settings are hidden in the last tab rather than as an AppBar menu item, and that the "pivot" isn't a true pivot (you can't go from first to last or vice-versa). I know this is so the right panel can work, but still.

Also, now that Messenger communicates with Facebook, it'd be nice if Facebook could communicate with Messenger (not showing messages in the Facebook app if you have Messenger and opening Messenger from tapping the Messages button in the Facebook app).

Great update overall though.
The app to app functionality had improved somewhat here. Before if you tried to open a users profile from the messenger app it would load Facebook mobile. Now it open their page in the Facebook app.

derFeef

The 630 is a good device, my GF loves it. I can only recommend it if you look for a cheap Lumia and are no app-junkie.

Also she lasts longer than one day with one charge - I could not believe it first but it's true. She is not a heavy user though.

Magni

That's by design. It's a beta, if you're a power user, you'll know how to get it, if you're someone's grandmother, you'll get the stable app.

The app to app functionality had improved somewhat here. Before if you tried to open a users profile from the messenger app it would load Facebook mobile. Now it open their page in the Facebook app.

That's what I was referring to in my post. It's be nice for that link to exist both ways now :)

derFeef

That's by design. It's a beta, if you're a power user, you'll know how to get it, if you're someone's grandmother, you'll get the stable app.

Shit design. Why not let me download it directly from the store too if I search for it. Options. The Instagram Beta is lightened up on the store all the time as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom