• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magni

Shit design. Why not let me download it directly from the store too if I search for it. Options. The Instagram Beta is lightened up on the store all the time as well.

The option to have unsearchable apps on the store is not shit design, sorry.

PG2G

The instagram beta is a Beta that isn't feature complete, like a google "beta". The Facebook beta is under heavy and active development and likely hasn't gone through thorough testing.

Nokia Lumia 630 review: An affordable phone you can live without

http://www.engadget.com/2014/06/17/nokia-lumia-630-review/
The 635 priced at $150 is kinda unfairly compared to the $129 Moto E and the $199 Moto G. It's specs and price fit right in between the 2 Moto devices yet this review suggest this is a negative thing. The 630/635 is the best sub $150 smartphone just as the Moto G is the best sub $200 smartphone. If I were shopping for a budget smartphone I would easily pay the difference to move up from a Moto E to a 635 but paying an additional $50 to move from a 635 to a Moto G is a more difficult choice.

Heck I'd probably bypass the 3 above mentioned phones for a $60 520.

I think I'm finally going to come back to Windows Phone. I plan on getting a 1520, what do you guys think? I really like the size of it. I think I may try finding someone that would like to trade for a MacBook. Not sure, yet. I can't wait to get back in the game.

catmincer

I think I'm finally going to come back to Windows Phone. I plan on getting a 1520, what do you guys think? I really like the size of it. I think I may try finding someone that would like to trade for a MacBook. Not sure, yet. I can't wait to get back in the game.

Best phone I have ever had. I love the size, love the camera and love the screen.

NeOak

It is great if you can get used to the size.

It would be better if AT&T weren't throttling my unlimited data because i watched the Threehouse stream almost all 3 days last week :c

I was a bit worried about the size when I got my 1520, now I'm never going back to a "regular" size phone.

hadareud

The Translator
A phone that looks like an iPhone knock off but runs Android but without the benefits of Google?

I wouldn't even take one for free.

hwalker84

Going back to my 1020 feels so weird after the 1520. Its so tiny in my hand. Feels like an iPhone. Also missing WP 8.1. Didn't have time to upgrade it before I left. Needed to get a charge.

Fucking shuffle! It still sucks! I select a song, put shuffle, then, only songs with the same fucking letter! Or just from letters near the one I chose (if I choose a song with the letter a and shuffle, songs with the letter b will appear, or c, but nothing else). Fix that shit! It's unbelievable that they haven't fixed that yet.

hadareud

The Translator
Having read up quite a bit on the Fire Phone, I still don't really see the point.

There's a lot of gimmicks and the 3d view may be fun to play around with, but there's nothing there that interests me. Much like the 3d touch that's supposed to come to Lumias.

It's not that I'm not open to innovation and new things, but it really all sounds like gimmicks that you gleefully show off to your friends only to never actually use them at all or to any real extent.

Maybe I'm just old and cynical.

maeh2k

Having read up quite a bit on the Fire Phone, I still don't really see the point.

There's a lot of gimmicks and the 3d view may be fun to play around with, but there's nothing there that interests me. Much like the 3d touch that's supposed to come to Lumias.

It's not that I'm not open to innovation and new things, but it really all sounds like gimmicks that you gleefully show off to your friends only to never actually use them at all or to any real extent.

Maybe I'm just old and cynical.

I think it might have some advantages for discoverability of features. Some people don't know when you can e.g. perform a swipe to bring in options from the side or switch between mulpitle panes. With Amazon's 3D looking around the edges of the screen will probably come naturally. Together with Mayday it might be really great for the less technically-versed users.

hadareud

The Translator
That's possible, perhaps.

But are the less technically versed really the target market for a phone that costs 700 dollars?

maeh2k

That's possible, perhaps.

But are the less technically versed really the target market for a phone that costs 700 dollars?

But it doesn't cost 700 dollars. As always, the real price is obfuscated by the contracts which are dominant in the US. People will see it as a +$200 phone, much like most of the other higher-end devices. It probably won't stick to +$200 for long (as it won't sell well), soon dropping to maybe +$100. Suddenly, it will appear somewhat reasonably priced, even though people will still be paying almost $600.

Eanan

Does anyone else have this issue on the facebook app;

The news feed always resorts to newest posts timeline, as opposed to the "best" or posts by best friends.

How can you fix this, if at all? The setting under newsfeed doesn't seem to change anything.

Yep, that's the only thing missing, from what I can see.

There are still a few missing features for me:

- There's no timeline review. Whenever someone marks me on a post I get the notification but through the app it only goes to my timeline.
- There's no options for each post individually (the top right arrow on other platforms that allows some options right from the posts themselves, such as notification options, follow options of the person who made the post and hide posts from your timeline).
- Similarly, on other platforms there's the same button on your posts that allows you to edit or delete them, on WP only deleting is an option.

Nothing major, but still enough to make the app not able to complete stand on its own, I often have to go to a pc to manage something.

hwalker84

I miss the screen from my 1520.... :(

It's a much more buggier phone with WP 8.1 than this 1020.

Has anyone seen the home screen need to resume when coming from sleep? Never happened on my 1520. That's the only weird thing I've seen.

Montresor

I got my Nokia Lumia 1520. Black colour....

I feel like my 10-year-old self at Christmas time. It`s thinner than my Lumia 920. It has a bigger screen. Everything is shinier, brighter, and louder. And all I had to do was log in with my Microsoft account and all my apps and emails were brought over from my 920.

Only downside is it is a huge phone. I don't think I'll be putting it in my pocket often. Probably will put it in my bag. Also, my 920's SIM card is too small for the 1520. I have to get it cut at a flea market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom