• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totakeke

You know what, 1020 successor now with free 1TB cloud storage... unfortunately mobile bandwidth limits have only gotten worse over the years.

Nero3000

Mind me asking why it is crippled? I wasn't aware of any product downgrades with O365.

Unless things have changed recently, the ability to create PowerPivots (or Data Models) is not included in this version. Admittedly it's a very niche feature, but a f***ing amazing one.

Unless things have changed recently, the ability to create PowerPivots (or Data Models) is not included in this version. Admittedly it's a very niche feature, but a f***ing amazing one.
You just have to enable the powerpivot add-in. I'm 99.9% sure that all the office 365 applications are the full versions.

The only limited version of office is the RT one.

Nero3000

You just have to enable the powerpivot add-in. I'm 99.9% sure that all the office 365 applications are the full versions.

The only limited version of office is the RT one.

Unfortunately not.

http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/172/t/215997.aspx

MSFT Support said:
August Sun MSFT Support
Post replied on 1/11/2014 4:23 PM

Hi Terrance,

Thank you for your feedback. However, I’d like to explain that PowerPivot add-in for Excel 2013 is only available with Office Professional Plus 2013. And the Office software for Office 365 Home Premium is not Office Professional Plus. You should choose the Office 365 ProPlus or Office 365 Enterprise for download and installation in order to user the PowerPivot add-in for Excel 2013. I’m sorry for the inconvenience brought to you.
Here is an article for your reference.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/download-powerpivot-HA101959985.aspx

Best Regards,
August

Milchjon

I wonder what the deal with Rudy's Tinder app is.

He re-released it a few days ago.

Also, the ability to check profile pics via GIS sounds like a fun idea.

WP Central said that talks between him and Tinder for the official app fell through, so he re-released his under a slightly different name.

Engadget should really change their review of the Lumia 635. The review was overly critical and they compared it to both the Moto E & G. Now that the pricing has been revealed, the 635 is the absolute best smartphone value at under $100.

Milchjon

When you think about it, all these questions aren't really important.

The only one that really matters: Will signing up with Facebook mean the app shows up in the FB ticker?

MCD

http://www.wpcentral.com/microsoft-nokia-camera-adds-living-images

BTW new update to Nokia Camera today:

That's right, folks. You'll need the firmware update to really enjoy this update (and supported hardware, including the Lumia 1520 and Lumia 930). According to the store listing, here's everything that's new in this latest release, brought across from the Nokia Camera Beta:

•Living Images support*
•Continuous Autofocus for faster focusing*
•Surround sound capture in Video*
•New Camera Roll with Full Resolution Zoom and inline playback of video, cinemagraph, smart sequences and refocus images
•Nokia Camera integrates with Creative Studio and Video Trimmer for editing your photos and videos

Entries with asterisks denote the feature requires the Lumia Cyan firmware update (or be loaded on a Lumia 1520 and Lumia 930 with the new Snapdragon chips).

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/nokia-camera/bfd2d954-12da-415c-ad99-69a20f101e04

Camera Roll! FUCKING FINALLY!

Shame we can't zoom out to view all pics at once and there is still that Loading... screen at start but it's getting better.

Although I might dump it for the default camera app once I go 8.1.

When you think about it, all these questions aren't really important.

The only one that really matters: Will signing up with Facebook mean the app shows up in the FB ticker?
Hahaha, I asked this too. Answer is no, it doesn't show up on FB but tinder will pull your pics and interest for your tinder profile.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'm almost enterely convinced I fucked up the GPS reception of my Lumia 920. The damn phone can't figure out where I'm pointing in Here Maps, requires continuous compass fixes (that inverse eight movement) and its accuracy has dropped to a two-block radius.

Too many falls, I'm afraid :( At least the phone is still in one piece.

Paganmoon

Damn it, I need to switch my phone region back to Sweden, and lose Cortana. Can't download region specific apps like SEQR and SAS. Why do you do this MS? Why?

The small annoyances are adding up :(

Milchjon

Damn it, I need to switch my phone region back to Sweden, and lose Cortana. Can't download region specific apps like SEQR and SAS. Why do you do this MS? Why?

The small annoyances are adding up :(

Switch, download, switch again. I'm doing this every few weeks, doesn't take more than a few minutes, and Cortana keeps its settings.

Paganmoon

Switch, download, switch again. I'm doing this every few weeks, doesn't take more than a few minutes, and Cortana keeps its settings.

Will app updates work then? Or is that why you keep switching back and forth? Seems like a really bad workaround, when MS can simply allow Cortana for Europe, I
fucking
know English Microsoft... :(

Milchjon

Will app updates work then? Or is that why you keep switching back and forth? Seems like a really bad workaround, when MS can simply allow Cortana for Europe, I
fucking
know English Microsoft... :(

I actually don't know. Not like they are updated that often ;-)

I keep switching because my credit card is based in Germany, and because there are new apps.

ElNino

I actually don't know. Not like they are updated that often ;-)

I keep switching because my credit card is based in Germany, and because there are new apps.
I think that regional apps will update once they are on the phone... but I'm not 100% sure.

I switch regions too since my payment info is from Canada... you know, that country that is only a few hours away from MS yet they like to pretend doesn't exist. :-(

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I think that regional apps will update once they are on the phone... but I'm not 100% sure.

I switch regions too since my payment info is from Canada... you know, that country that is only a few hours away from MS yet they like to pretend doesn't exist. :-(

We are supposed to get Cortana soon.....i hope.

JaggedSac

Getting full res zoom is great. Glad they finally got around to it. Will the 1020 get the first 3 items on the list when Cyan arrives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom