• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Responses in bold.
Thank you!

The mail settings was exactly what I was looking for!

Regarding linked accounts, I also have my Google account linked (on the web and on w8), and also had to add it manually... No biggie, just hope that doesn't mean anything is wrong on my end!

6tindr ready to be published

Bd0ssRxCMAAD91g.jpg:large

And what app is that?

hwalker84

Guy's why is Skype so bad on Windows Phone? My wife being in Africa has highlighted how truly terrible this app is. I don't even receive phone calls on it. Doesn't even support voicemail. I loaded up my work Blackberry Z10 installed Skype and even it supported Voicemail.

MCD

Guy's why is Skype so bad on Windows Phone? My wife being in Africa has highlighted how truly terrible this app is. I don't even receive phone calls on it. Doesn't even support voicemail. I loaded up my work Blackberry Z10 installed Skype and even it supported Voicemail.

Tony Bates secretly hates WP.

JaggedSac

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/13/5305282/google-purchases-nest-for-3-2-billion

Well, there goes any hopes of Nest supporting Windows Phone. -.-

They are releasing an open API this year I think, so some intrepid dev can take a crack at it. I was looking in case the Bone ever gets a 3rd party app marketplace. Might be kinda cool to do some home automation using voice and the console.

"Xbox Sexy Times" proceeds to dim the lights, turn on some Luther Vandross through XBox Music, and lowers the curtains.

WOW, 6tag is seriously awesome! The guy who made it has some pretty nifty apps too. Thanks Karma for posting that image!

Another noob question: I can't login to neogaf using mobile IE... It keeps coming back to the login screen. I entered the settings and enabled cookies for all sites, but still nothing...

joshschw

Funny. I just saw a commercial for an Allstate insurance app, so you can submit your claims photos right from your phone. In the commercial is an Android device and a Lumia...

The app is not on the WP marketplace though ;)

this_guy

Funny. I just saw a commercial for an Allstate insurance app, so you can submit your claims photos right from your phone. In the commercial is an Android device and a Lumia...

The app is not on the WP marketplace though ;)

Same thing with the Geico commercial with the pig at the ball park. The pig is using a Windows phone to check his Geico app but there's no Geico app.

Fjolle

Well. One of their WP developers (I wonder if they have more than one..) is a danish kid that apparently is busier with posting about how much money he spends on whiskey and stuff than actually doing his job :p

Sweet, god update prompt - let me guys know if everything works on your 920s ;)

Everything works fine here. The new glance screen is finally what it should've been in the first place. Other than that, there aren't really any improvements. I'm still looking for Nokia beamer, but couldn't find it on the marketplace.

n64coder

When using the browser on your phone, do you always try to go to the "m." prefix of a website or should the main site be smart enough to know that it's a mobile phone and adjust accordingly?

When you find a site that is not windows phone friendly, do you contact the site to let them know of the issue? I have done this for a few sites that I found work fine with my ipod/ipad but not my windows phone.

When using the browser on your phone, do you always try to go to the "m." prefix of a website or should the main site be smart enough to know that it's a mobile phone and adjust accordingly?

I don't think websites should use a user agent sniffer to redirect you to a subdomain for mobile viewing. Usually this means that you'll miss half the features and it takes longer to load. If a website is built using mediaqueries it doesn't matter what your user agent string is, the view just adjusts to the width of your screen.

joshschw

810 didn't even get Amber. You need to get either a 521 or a 925.

T-mobile dropped it before even adding Wi-Fi calling.

I don't have the 810, but I do know someone with one. It did get Amber BTW.

Also, it's a phone Nokia sold, someone shouldn't 'need' to get anything else. Not to mention that the 521 and 925 are not replacements to the 810. The 521 is a much lower quality phone, and the 925 is much higher, and more expensive.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Messed around with the App Studio today. It is ok, but I wish it had a few more options. I would like to able to format text descriptions for items (unless there is a way and I'm just missing it?).

You fucking assholes need to call out your phone and provider when you post. My heart can't take this abuse.

I know how you feel, but this update is really nothing to be excited about, when you already have Update 3. And even if you don't have U3 already, it's not really mind blowing.

hadareud

The Translator
I know how you feel, but this update is really nothing to be excited about, when you already have Update 3. And even if you don't have U3 already, it's not really mind blowing.

Well you say that, but I think that the notification centre is really quite good. A lot better than I thought it would be, it's really nice to use.

Especially like the quick settings.

Mario007

Guys how do you shoot good photos with the Lumia 920? I heard it was supposed to have a pretty good camera but all my sample pictures turned out just mediocre. There's a fuckton of different apps for the camera but I don't know I quite understand which to use when. For example the Smart Cam app seems to be only working in well lit condtions as it refuses to use flash.

Is the default camera app supposed to be really terrible? It's like I can't literally take a bad photo with the nokia app, and literally can't take a good one with the default...

Every time I need to take a photo directly from another app i have trouble focusing, even when I try to use the camera button to adjust it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom