• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG2G

Is that tidbit about 8.1 apps not working on WP8 devices true?

I really hope microsoft has a plan for getting regional carriers to push the update (poor EOL'd lumia 810 owners)

Use the dev update. You can get it if you register as a dev for free using App Studio.

MarkusRJR

Is that tidbit about 8.1 apps not working on WP8 devices true?

I really hope microsoft has a plan for getting regional carriers to push the update (poor EOL'd lumia 810 owners)
Yeah, in Canada anything that's not iOS, BB, Nexus, or Lumia is fucked in terms of on time updates. The Ativ S I had still doesn't even have a confirmation GDR3 is coming, despite the fact it's been available on unlocked devices for a long ass time.

WP8.1 Nutella vs Android 4.4 Kitkat -- which is the superior OS?
All I know is that both of them sound delicious.

Lucius86

Banned
About 90% of my use for Putty was SSHing into a server running an irc client connected 24/7.

Windows Phone RT |OT| Renamed by popular demand.

Yeah, so the server is running an IRC client - Putty itself isn't running IRC directly. Unless I'm missing something obvious...

Milchjon

BgO6EEkCAAEaCkG.png

Look at the People tile, seems like there's some kind of Facebook support at least.

Unless that's just something they've forgotten to remove yet.... :-/

What happened to your user-name Kyle?

This is downright off-putting and disturbing.
:lol

Wanted it changed for various reasons. As a regular poster in the football thread I thought it would make a nice addition to such users as Roman Abramovich. Plus, the man riles people up, so we blue chaps love him that bit more.

Milchjon

I really hope this 3rd party messaging thing means there's a way to bring back FB messaging integration somehow.

Cause the FB app is still slow as fuck and unreliable when it comes to notifications. I like it well enough for a lot of things, but I much prefer the speed of the messaging hub for the chat...

Doffen

I really hope this 3rd party messaging thing means there's a way to bring back FB messaging integration somehow.

Cause the FB app is still slow as fuck and unreliable when it comes to notifications. I like it well enough for a lot of things, but I much prefer the speed of the messaging hub for the chat...

Facebook messaging is what I do. Would suck if it's not ready to go with 8.1

hadareud

The Translator
José Mourinho;100483523 said:
:lol

Wanted it changed for various reasons. As a regular poster in the football thread I thought it would make a nice addition to such users as Roman Abramovich. Plus, the man riles people up, so we blue chaps love him that bit more.

Oh dear.

I don't go to the modern day football thread. Back in the day things were good, but we had to start our own place after they kicked us off the forum here.

hadareud

The Translator
According to Tom Warren there's a lot more new stuff that hasn't yet leaked.

He says that it would be more appropriate to call it WP9 if it weren't for the lack of big UI changes.

Can't say that this doesn't excite me.

maeh2k

If they release a 930 soon then the 930 will be to the 928 (Icon) what the 520 is to the 521. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It would be quite competitive with the soon-to-be-announced HTC and Samsung flagships.

maeh2k

Do you guys think Camscanner is good enough to 'scan' important documents with your phone?

I'll soon have to apply for a job, which means I'll have to send in copies of my certificates. Since I don't own an actual scanner and my father just got a 1020, I'm thinking maybe a should give this a try.

"Sources familiar with Microsoft’s plans tell The Verge that the company is seriously considering allowing Android apps to run on both Windows and Windows Phone. While planning is ongoing and it's still early, we’re told that some inside Microsoft favor the idea of simply enabling Android apps inside its Windows and Windows Phone Stores, while others believe it could lead to the death of the Windows platform altogether. The mixed (and strong) feelings internally highlight that Microsoft will need to be careful with any radical move."

Might as well buy an Android phone.

maeh2k

"Sources familiar with Microsoft’s plans tell The Verge that the company is seriously considering allowing Android apps to run on both Windows and Windows Phone. While planning is ongoing and it's still early, we’re told that some inside Microsoft favor the idea of simply enabling Android apps inside its Windows and Windows Phone Stores, while others believe it could lead to the death of the Windows platform altogether. The mixed (and strong) feelings internally highlight that Microsoft will need to be careful with any radical move."

Might as well buy an Android phone.

Especially now that Samsung will soon be the new design leader with their Magazine UX and modern icons :)

I think Microsoft might have to support Android apps to actually get apps, but from the sounds of it, that's still a looong way off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom