• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwalker84

So it would seem my battery issues were related to Gmail. I migrated Gmail to a new and seperate Outlook.com email address. Completely removed the Gmail sync and added Outlook. Battery is stable again.

edit: 520 going stead with 19 days 20hrs with 22% left.

toff74

So it would seem my battery issues were related to Gmail. I migrated Gmail to a new and seperate Outlook.com email address. Completely removed the Gmail sync and added Outlook. Battery is stable again.

edit: 520 going stead with 19 days 20hrs with 22% left.

Wow.. got that thing connected up to a car battery?

I've checked the local electronic retailer and they've removed all Nokia phones from display and replaced them with ZTEs, Huaweis and a Moto G. Nokia is clearly doomed. The Surface booth is empty as well. Windows is dead.

hadareud

The Translator
Yeah good stuff.

Now we just need them to update the UI a bit and to also implement some swiping action from the left to access bookmarks and from the right to access tabs. Oh and LastPass integration would be nice, too.

hadareud

The Translator
Lumia 630 specifications (unconfirmed, but likely)

4.5 inches touch screen
854x480 resolution
Virtual touch keys
Size: 129.5 x 66.7mm.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
1GB RAM
Dual SIM (variant)

http://www.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-630-specs-revealed-windows-phone-81

ffs

edit:

yp0Xq0q.png

I still think it looks nicer and cleaner than the 620.

Yeah good stuff.

Now we just need them to update the UI a bit and to also implement some swiping action from the left to access bookmarks and from the right to access tabs. Oh and LastPass integration would be nice, too.

You mean Dolphin Browser on Windows Phone? Yeah, that would be cool.

Converted 2 more to the cause!

A buddy at work has always loved my phones (HTC 8X and currently the 925) and finally decided it was time to get him and the wife a real phone.

He was looking at AT&T's site and had the 920 chose for himself and was broawing the Samsung "Mega Galaxy" or whatever it's called because his wife wanted "a big phone".

Naturally, I suggested the 1520, which blew him away knowing WP actually *had* a big phone like the Note.

He called her, she looked it up and liked, then I told him he should get a 925 for himself since it's basically a newer, sleeker 920 (he's not so much bothered by getting the latest and greatest; just a good, solid phone).

Another co-worker likes my phone too, and wants me to help him look at Verizon's WP selection when he upgrades. (Older guy, hated how laggy and slow Android was and can't stand how tiny iPhone is).

On a separate note, if anyone here is also a member of GameFAQs, I'm trying to get the word out to change their "Windows Mobile" board to "Windows Phone". I've gotten 2 posts, and thankfully both have been supportive!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/68660107
(Note to mods: Please delete link if cross-posting to forums is not allowed)

Converted 2 more to the cause!

A buddy at work has always loved my phones (HTC 8X and currently the 925) and finally decided it was time to get him and the wife a real phone.

He was looking at AT&T's site and had the 920 chose for himself and was broawing the Samsung "Mega Galaxy" or whatever it's called because his wife wanted "a big phone".

Naturally, I suggested the 1520, which blew him away knowing WP actually *had* a big phone like the Note.

He called her, she looked it up and liked, then I told him he should get a 925 for himself since it's basically a newer, sleeker 920 (he's not so much bothered by getting the latest and greatest; just a good, solid phone).

Another co-worker likes my phone too, and wants me to help him look at Verizon's WP selection when he upgrades. (Older guy, hated how laggy and slow Android was and can't stand how tiny iPhone is).

On a separate note, if anyone here is also a member of GameFAQs, I'm trying to get the word out to change their "Windows Mobile" board to "Windows Phone". I've gotten 2 posts, and thankfully both have been supportive!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/68660107
(Note to mods: Please delete link if cross-posting to forums is not allowed)

Great, I can keep my job for two more months now!

I just saw someone with a white Lumia 920 on the train. This is the first time I saw a WP8 in the wild. My life is not the same anymore.

MarkusRJR

You should have sold your friend on the 1020, we need more people to know of the glory of the true PureView™
As much as I love using my brother's 1020, the camera on that thing is beastly (in size and weight). It reminds me of using a 3DS XL just because of how off the center of gravity is. Unless you're really into photography the other Windows Phones seem to be much more comfortable.

As much as I love using my brother's 1020, the camera on that thing is beastly (in size and weight). It reminds me of using a 3DS XL just because of how off the center of gravity is. Unless you're really into photography the other Windows Phones seem to be much more comfortable.

1520 is ungainly beast .. and I try out the Icon yesterday and Microsoft store it's not a very comfortable phone to hold. I think the best one as far is the 925.

maeh2k

man, I should give you a kickback on my salary!

My app is out: lifeLogger

I'll check it out. Right now I'm only looking at the screenshots on the store. On the splash screen, I'd drop the 'Again'. I don't think the word is necessary, and just the two words -- one red, one blue -- seem a bit cleaner (to me). At first I just read it as 'forget again'. Also, it's OneDrive now :)

KageMaru

Damn, 20 hours? Good to see the Icon getting nice reviews from people on here. Too bad a certain review couldn't look past something as inconsequential as the name and spent way too much time talking about that.

I probably should add that I don't touch my phone much at work other than lunch. Still happy with it though.

Is he hinting you can have cortana address you as anything you want?

I think that's the rumor based on the SDK leaks.

bananas

Banned
My dad and stepmom are using Lumia 520s I got them for Christmas, and I am wait for my Cyan 920 to arrive (I got it for $110).

Between this, my Windows 8.1 PC and my Xbox One I'm in Microsoft City, it seems.

Got my 1020 off eBay, excellent new condition it is in.

initial impressions, lighter, thinner, camera though isn't as impressive. Basically the same quality as my 920, after Black update, but with zoom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom