• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick guess:

<TextBox x:Name="CalculatorInputBox"
TextInput="CalculatorInputBox_TextInput"
Height="80"
TextWrapping="NoWrap"
Width="450"
AcceptsReturn="False"
VerticalContentAlignment="Bottom"
HorizontalContentAlignment="Right"
MaxWidth="450"
MaxHeight="80"
InputScope="Number"
AllowDrop="True"
>
</TextBox>
You'd replace TextInput with whatever Event is triggered on text change. I'm not sure which one it is off-hand without some more investigation

TextWrapping is what prevents the text from wrapping around. You'll also want to specify a max Width to ensure the box just doesn't grow larger as you input more text. Using the Horizontal/VertialContentAlignments places the text in the lower portion of the textbox, so that when you resize the text it won't jump vertically around.
Thanks, I'll give this a shot and see how I go.

flippedb

Banned
Dunno if there's any connection, but today I had 17 (!!!) app updates. And that was after I had updated like 2 or 3 manually anway.

I never get updates, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't that. I'm seeing now that my Temporary Files section grew 200 MB, so there's the space I lost. The thing is, there's no way to recover it, since the phone keeps "deleting" the data for 30+ minutes and I always get tired and cancel it.

Is there a way I can reset the phone without losing all my apps and shit? Just to free some space.

webkid94

Finally made the plunge and bought the Lumia 928 (unlocked), is there still that issue with SMS with a GSM sim installed? I'm on T-Mobile, is there anything I need to do to set it up to work fine?

some new nfl apps out today. The yinzcam founder is a former teacher of mine. If I wasn't at MS I might have ended up at yinzcam...

Ultraviolet using the Flixster app works good but far from perfect. Let's you download for offline play but only in SD. Also, streaming in HD seams to only work for more recent movies. If the movie has been out for a while, HD streaming is removed.

WTF, I legally own my movies but the lack of HD download and stream options make me wanna pirate shit instead.

I could never get flixster apps to work, it crash on me all the time or stuck at downloading. UV suck, of course many of the movie studio already removing one of the option that work well, the iTunes. I still have movies I bought from 4 years ago, unlike stuff I bought on Zune that I can't play on my phone and mysteriously have an error message on Xbox. I won't spend another dime on Xbox Video. I learn my lesson.

Magni

Is everyone in here developing apps?

I need to get on this train.

I can't not start working on an app once I finally finally finallyyyyyy upgrade to WP8 next month :D Guess I'll finally have an excuse to run Parallels haha

A quick guess:

Code:
<TextBox x:Name="CalculatorInputBox"
           TextInput="CalculatorInputBox_TextInput"
           Height="80"
           TextWrapping="NoWrap"
           Width="450"
           AcceptsReturn="False"
           VerticalContentAlignment="Bottom"
           HorizontalContentAlignment="Right"
           MaxWidth="450"
           MaxHeight="80"
           InputScope="Number"
           AllowDrop="True"
</TextBox>
You'd replace TextInput with whatever Event is triggered on text change. I'm not sure which one it is off-hand without some more investigation

TextWrapping is what prevents the text from wrapping around. You'll also want to specify a max Width to ensure the box just doesn't grow larger as you input more text. Using the Horizontal/VertialContentAlignments places the text in the lower portion of the textbox, so that when you resize the text it won't jump vertically around.

Friendly advice, code tags make it much easier to read :)

PG2G

How the hell can Yinzcam miss out on making Steelers and Penguins apps? THEY STARTED IN PITTSBURGH!

Because they don't want us Steeler fans to be reminded how terrible of a team we have become. Though we have been looking a little better lately.

Razdek

Banned
Wow the performance of the new Xbox Music app is horrible on a 520 with lots of lag and loading. Is it better on the higher end phones?

PG2G

Wow the performance of the new Xbox Music app is horrible on a 520 with lots of lag and loading. Is it better on the higher end phones?

Dont know how it is on the 520, doesn't perform well on a 1020 though. Better improve before it comes out of 'preview' state

That new Music app is pretty horrible. It wants me to log in with a Music Pass account (but I only listen to my own music) which I can bypass by hitting the back button, but then cover art is missing for half of the albums (while it shows up perfectly in the original music hub player).

Shouldn't have released it in this state, even if it is a preview.

hadareud

The Translator
Yes, for me almost none of the covers are showing up.

It's really quite poo, though the interface would be an improvement if it wasn't so bloody slow.

MCD

Xbox Video: not available in your region. don't care anyway

next

Xbox Music: sign in. how about no?

Terry, please.

KageMaru

I'm trying to clear storage space on my phone, I've deleted every map app, but for some reason it still shows 125MB used by maps. Anyone have any idea what this might be?

They said next week last week.

Oh ok. I knew it was coming this week but I wasn't sure if I missed another announcement specifying a day. Hopefully we'll get it tomorrow.

KageMaru

Ordered my Lumia 928. I hope I will not be dissapointed.

I have the phone and love it. The glossy white version gathered a lot of attention when I pulled it out before I started using an ugly case.

TBH I wish I waited for the 929 but the 928 is still an excellent phone.

f0lken

Updates, updates everywhere. For the last week I finally have on my 1020 that sensation of great support I had with my iPhone and Note 3 where every day I had an update for a lot of apps I had installed.

And now there is Black!! Time to download an AT&T rom, would data sense be available if I use a different carrier?

Now that the Update Game has started again, I can't wait for:

uX7rpLr.png

Mine is updating right now. I am watching the dreaded gears spinning.

6RY5Re7.png

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom