• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

maeh2k

blackberry-quarterly-net-income-nov-2009-nov-2012-net-income_chartbuilder-2.png

Might be misleading. I don't know anything about accounting, but according to one tweet I read they only lost 350 million in 'real' money and still have a couple of billions lying around. So it's probably not as dramatic as the graph makes it look.

CaptainABAB

MS just sent me an email, I get 20gb of extra SkyDrive storage for one year, just for using Windows Phone. Its called an "enthusiast bonus" when I redeemed the code.

I'm bummed that it is only for a year....if you end up using it, you will have to start paying for it next year or lose that data.

maeh2k

I activated the 20 GBs, too, even though I really won't need them.

I have less than 10 GB filled of the 25 GBs I have permanently. And then there's another 20 GBs with Office 365 University, which will I'll have maybe for another 3 years.

Then I also just bought a Surface 2 with a 200 GB for 2 years code...

KageMaru

Still haven't received any such email. I wonder if it's because I've had a Windows 8 phone for a couple months even though I had a WP7 for a year and a half.

Fox Mulder

Still haven't received any such email. I wonder if it's because I've had a Windows 8 phone for a couple months even though I had a WP7 for a year and a half.

I've only had one a couple of months and got the email. It reads like they gave it to everyone.

Don't really see myself using it much anyways as I already use dropbox across ios, PC, and ouya.

That's a lot of clouds. I find it amusing that when I click on the link on my phone, it tell me I have to do this on my desktop. And the offer is for people that use Windows Phone. The irony.

I was able to do it through the phone. It redirected to the desktop site since the mobile site is lacking, like many mobile sites.

KageMaru

GTA:SA is apparently launching in the store tomorrow. Didn't even know they release apps on Sundays.

I've only had one a couple of months and got the email. It reads like they gave it to everyone.

Don't really see myself using it much anyways as I already use dropbox across ios, PC, and ouya.

Maybe they are sending out emails in waves *shrug*

Not too worried about it, I'm not even using the 7GB they give me.

Paganmoon

GTA:SA is apparently launching in the store tomorrow. Didn't even know they release apps on Sundays.

How un-Godly of them!

OT:ish question, going to be in Miami for 2 weeks, and would like to use my phone when I'm there, where and what type of pre-paid SIM-card do you recommend me getting? And to make the question less OT:ish, will the bought SIM-cards be compatibal with my Lumia 1020 (micro-SIM), without having to use scissors.

Razdek

Banned
I'm bummed that it is only for a year....if you end up using it, you will have to start paying for it next year or lose that data.

Knowing Microsoft they probably have it set to auto renew by default when it expires next year if you have a credit card on file. It would have been nicer of them to bump it up 5-10 GB for free forever but it's good they even did this.

Knowing Microsoft they probably have it set to auto renew by default when it expires next year if you have a credit card on file. It would have been nicer of them to bump it up 5-10 GB for free forever but it's good they even did this.

I don't think they're that bad. Legacy users got 25 GB for free.

I was able to do it through the phone. It redirected to the desktop site since the mobile site is lacking, like many mobile sites.

Ah, I see, still pretty terrible user experience when you have to go switch to desktop mode. I don't know why they can't make these stuff seamless.

guys, last week I dropped my 8X and completely chattered the screen, Had to go back to my HD7 and it kinda sucked. After a couple days I went in to a T-Mobile store to see what my options were. I ended up walking out with a new Lumia 925 and the Jump/protection plan. Now after being on the 925 for a few days I am convinced that all other MFGs don't even try to make a great WP except Nokia. This Phone is amazing, from the camera to the exclusive apps. I am so happy with this phone I wish I could have gotten it earlier. Nokia is just on a whole different level when it comes to WP. I Cant wait to see what the future of Nokia/MSFT brings.

here's a pick of the phones taken with my HD7

WP_0005102_zps08478189.jpg

Razdek

Banned
I don't think they're that bad. Legacy users got 25 GB for free.

Everyone had 25 GB when it first started and then they reduced it to 7. It's good they're doing this but it would be nicer if we can earn more with a loyalty program or something similar where it's added permanent not just for a year. I have 8.9 GB remaining of my 25.

Fox Mulder

I loved playing vice city on my iPad mini, and actually thought touch controls worked about as well as they could. Almost got 100%.

I do feel like the controls would be too crowded on anything smaller than a tablet though.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Now after being on the 925 for a few days I am convinced that all other MFGs don't even try to make a great WP except Nokia. This Phone is amazing, from the camera to the exclusive apps. I am so happy with this phone I wish I could have gotten it earlier. Nokia is just on a whole different level when it comes to WP.

I'm pretty sure we've been saying that for quite a while now. Also, the 925 is the best Nokia design so far, imo. Could use more color options though.

I'm pretty sure we've been saying that for quite a while now. Also, the 925 is the best Nokia design so far, imo. Could use more color options though.

I am getting the 925 for my wife instead of the 1520. It's smaller than what she would like but it's feel great and very light. Doesn't Nokia make color charging shell for 925?

MCD

My phone was completely dead when I woke up to work today.

Dunno how it happened because I always charge my phone overnight.

KageMaru

So I downloaded Temple Run 2 ad it was free. What's up with it kicking me to the review page after every run? I've already reviewed it!

I see people complain about this in the reviews but haven't had it happen to me once. What phone do you have?

My phone was completely dead when I woke up to work today.

Dunno how it happened because I always charge my phone overnight.

My battery started draining fast today, not sure if it's from an updated app or the OS.

Paganmoon

Quick question, how do you guys tag multi-disc compliations so that the music app correctly sorts the songs during playback? I can't seem to get it to work. Keeps playing the first song of both cd's before going to the second and so on.

Milchjon

I wish they'd redesign the settings. Throw some icons in there, group them in a meaningful way. I keep scrolling past whatever I'm looking for.

I am getting the 925 for my wife instead of the 1520. It's smaller than what she would like but it's feel great and very light. Doesn't Nokia make color charging shell for 925?

it does, I can't choose between the yellow or red charging cover. Can anyone with a 925 confirm that the charging cover offers good protection or is it strictly for charging?

PG2G

Quick question, how do you guys tag multi-disc compliations so that the music app correctly sorts the songs during playback? I can't seem to get it to work. Keeps playing the first song of both cd's before going to the second and so on.

Assuming the disc tag doesn't work, I have always had luck with doing it like this:

Disc 1 - 101, 102,...
Disc 2 - 201, 202,...
Disc n - n01, n02,...

You know, the Zune software client lets you tag your music in many awesome ways, including multi disc albums.

Thank god they kept the software around!

oqt1gVT.png

funny that Nokia didn't include wireless charging in 925 even though you can diy...

Many criticized the weight and thickness of the 920 and the wireless charging coil is the main reason for that, so they cut it in the 925. I hope this is the last time they do that for a flagship phone, though. The Nexus 4 and 5 show that you don't have to drop it.

hadareud

The Translator
Battery life like that in a 5" phone would be amazing.

I'd love to have the old days of not having to charge your phone for a week back. Fuck 2k resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom