• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedge

Sorry no way I am using ugly Samsung phone. I would consider One or even Nexus 5 but both have terrible camera not to mention terrible battery on the Nexus. Sony is my other option but their phone really is not widely available here in the US.

If rumor of bigger iPhone is coming this fall I will probably consider that, unless MicroNokia really surprise me with fall line up but I am not holding my breath. They are going to go through period of adjustment and integration which mean probably nothing new until next year and they probably just rerelease some interim phones. I really don't expect 1020 follow up this year.
Battery in my N5 is a good if not better than my 920. People seem to be all over with this. Camera is not that bad since the update. Not going to claim its as good as 920 but I am fine with it. Ois is great for video etc as it is on the 920. Not a big fan of Sammy anymore either. LG makes nicer phones these days. Using my lumia charge pad for my N5 is a bonus too. :p I would like to see Nokia release a new flagship like the 920, just slimmer, lighter, more comfortable to hold. 925 was the best looking Nokia to me, never came out in Canada though.

Hey thanks!

From the eye close up tile or the whole layout? =P There's some kind of method to the madness of my home screen.
Thanks for sharing, but I guess it just ain't for me. Taking out any 2x1 tiles helps, but then the end result is just too visually busy for my tastes. Putting the smallest size tiles in groups gives me cluttered windows desktop vibes =/

frontieruk

Thanks for sharing, but I guess it just ain't for me. Taking out any 2x1 tiles helps, but then the end result is just too visually busy for my tastes. Putting the smallest size tiles in groups gives me cluttered windows desktop vibes =/

Then recreate the gutter, leave one small tile space free on the right, leaves you some interesting combos.

KageMaru

I can definitely understand how you feel, I hated it at first. You at least have plenty of options.

Commodore

I don't know, but I thought this looked snazzy seeing it animated

i3BZKVN3Ziodz.gif

Who is doing the build OT?

Edit: we should also combine it with the Nokia conference too.

If no one volunteers, I wouldn't mind trying out the OT. Shouldn't be too hard. Just have to follow last years example in terms of graphics, keep it updated with latest live blog and live stream links and post it a day in advance, right?

Nero3000

If no one volunteers, I wouldn't mind trying out the OT. Shouldn't be too hard. Just have to follow last years example in terms of graphics, keep it updated with latest live blog and live stream links and post it a day in advance, right?

sounds about right. go for it.

KageMaru

I'm convinced there's no way to make the 3 column arrangements look nice. It just seems too cluttered no matter what you do although it probably looks beautiful to the person arranging it.

Wouldn't say it looks beautiful to me lol but I'll go with efficiency over a visually appealing layout. People who have seen the phone have commented on my screen, but I think that has more to do with the animations and nice IQ, not the tile arrangement. I still prefer the home screen I had with my 928.

Razdek

Banned
Wouldn't say it looks beautiful to me lol but I'll go with efficiency over a visually appealing layout. People who have seen the phone have commented on my screen, but I think that has more to do with the animations and nice IQ, not the tile arrangement. I still prefer the home screen I had with my 928.

Yea it could be worst I guess but that third row really is hard to make visually appealing. I think I'll stick to my two rows when the update hits if it's optional.

Two weeks ago I got windows phone. And I kinda hate it.

FB app is wonky. Always searching for data. The app store doesn't have a few I'm used to.

Best thing about this device is the ease of setting up my podcasts.

I only got it because it was the best looking phone of the cheapest entry level phones the sprint store had.

They really have to do something about that $0 down marketing. Flat out lie.

catmincer

Two weeks ago I got windows phone. And I kinda hate it.

FB app is wonky. Always searching for data. The app store doesn't have a few I'm used to.

Best thing about this device is the ease of setting up my podcasts.

I only got it because it was the best looking phone of the cheapest entry level phones the sprint store had.

They really have to do something about that $0 down marketing. Flat out lie.

The Facebook app is amazing versus what it was. But yes, it is still bad. I just use the people hub.

hadareud

The Translator
2 days to go. Getting quite excited.

Now that everyone has left, surely the team (in other words LF) will have to do the presentation themselves?

Nero3000

Alright then. I'll pick up the OT and begin work on it.

...If anyone has any suggestions for a subtitle let me know. Until then it'll just be "//BUILD/ 2014 [OT]"

//build/ 2014 |OT| More windows phone than you can shake a lumia at

//build/ 2014 |OT| The next step

//build/ 2014 |OT| Ballmer out, Moyes In

hwalker84

How about... BUILDing a Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow

But regardless, subtitle or no subtitle, it will be a 90 post thread at best.

Please it will be at least 90 posts of "LOL Windows 8 Phone" "LOL Call me when it has apps" "Wish Nokia went Android in the beginning" etc.

Nero3000

previous build thread was c.700 posts.

so speaking of OT's, should we have a new WP8.1 thread or update the title & opening post of this one?

PG2G

Well, there will be Xbox news too so expect some hate from that. Though I guess there will probably be a thread on the gaming side

kazinova

Man, I hope there's some satisfying good news for WP8.1 at /build//. I'm just so tired of them being so many steps behind the curve. I really love the asthetic of WP and don't want to switch but the look and feel of Android has improved so much that it'd be nice to have the WP team prodded into getting current.

I understand why they don't have every music on the streaming catalog on Xbox Music, but since it's also a store that sells music individually, how can it not have every single music known to man?

I really want to use it as a single provider for all my music on all devices but it's impossible when there's no way to get a song you want in it.

They should really improve the store selection, or at least allows us to upload songs to onedrive and add them to our collection.

I understand why they don't have every music on the streaming catalog on Xbox Music, but since it's also a store that sells music individually, how can it not have every single music known to man?

I really want to use it as a single provider for all my music on all devices but it's impossible when there's no way to get a song you want in it.

They should really improve the store selection, or at least allows us to upload songs to onedrive and add them to our collection.

Its all up to the publishers. If Microsoft wont/cant get the licence for songs, or indie artists dont want to put music up on Xbox Music, then we wont get it... Xbox Music also doesn't have a way for Indie Artists to actually get songs up on the store. iTunes has a program for Indies to upload and manage stuff to the store themselves but with Xbox Music they have to go through a third party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom