• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Probably just wanted to give the Galaxy line a leg up, especially considering the S5 isn't even out yet on Verizon. Not like the ATIV would steal too many sales either way though.

What difference does it make to them what platform the phone they just sold uses? Do they make more money on every android phone sold? Is it enough of a difference to sabotage the windows phone effort?

zedge

Is there much between the S4 and 5 apart from the SOC and a 16mp camera instead of the 13?

Sounds to me that it has the SOC of the S5 (more or less) and the camera of the S4.
There is an article about the improvements in the display. Said the s5 display is the best performing mobile display ever.

hwalker84

I guess it takes going to a Microsoft Technology Roadmap to see more than one WP8 device in the wild. I've seen around 7 and its so weird.

http://conversations.nokia.com/2014/04/01/nokia-3310-gets-41-megapixel-windows-phone-makeover/

3310-pureview-in-line1.jpg
3310-pureview-in-line2.jpg

/April Fools Day

hhehhehe in the elevator ride down I whipped out my 1520 and was fooling around with it a bit when I catch this dude on the other side of the elevator stealing glances at it in my hand. He leans over, says "damn, is that a... phone?" I just nod and he sinks back, dejected, saying "man, I thought I had the biggest one." He pulls out his Note, holds it up next to mine, and sure enough I'm bigger. As I step off the elevator he says "damn, I gotta step up my game."

penis

zedge

hhehhehe in the elevator ride down I whipped out my 1520 and was fooling around with it a bit when I catch this dude on the other side of the elevator stealing glances at it in my hand. He leans over, says "damn, is that a... phone?" I just nod and he sinks back, dejected, saying "man, I thought I had the biggest one." He pulls out his Note, holds it up next to mine, and sure enough I'm bigger. As I step off the elevator he says "damn, I gotta step up my game."

penis

This actually happened at the urinals in the men's room right? Phones are code.. ;)

MCD

penis

Men Corner.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently

penis
oEWffsH.jpg

MarkusRJR

So do we know 100% whether or not the 512mb devices are getting the 8.1 update?

Also, what's a good podcast app? I currently use Podcast Lounge but it's ugly as sin.

i am using it and its very good especially for a free app.
but I have found a bug. when I play giantbomb podcasts i cant change the volume. (even if I put it to 0 you can still hear the podcast). anyone noticed it?

I had that issue few times. I think restarting the app helped.

hadareud

The Translator
I had another bug yesterday where it wouldn't mark a particular podcast as read. Had to unsubscribe from the podcast to fix it.

Other than that I really like it. It's better to use than PL imo. The looks I couldn't care less about. I listen to podcasts in the car and all I see is the glance screen anyway, but it's nice that it looks nicer anyway.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
So do we know 100% whether or not the 512mb devices are getting the 8.1 update?

Also, what's a good podcast app? I currently use Podcast Lounge but it's ugly as sin.
8.1 looks like it has a better podcast app with custom url feed support. so no need for a third party solution if the podcast isn't listed. about time too, i was getting tired of that problem, all of the third party podcast apps on windows phone are shit.

hwalker84

Just can't get used to its size?

It's ridiculous and cumbersome in my pocket. Even as big a guy as me. No problem holding it it's the way it feels in my pocket. Screen is ridiculous. Device is ultra fast. Just not for me. Truly want the 1020 successor later this year.

bedlamite

It's a huge brick. How could anyone get used to it?

It's ridiculous and cumbersome in my pocket. Even as big a guy as me. No problem holding it it's the way it feels in my pocket. Screen is ridiculous. Device is ultra fast. Just not for me. Truly want the 1020 successor later this year.
Whatever misgivings I have about the size of the device are outweighed by the immense battery life. My old 920 could never make it through a workday without a battery pack, but the 1520 just keeps on trucking. I don't even charge it during the weekends anymore, the phone easily lasts a few days with light usage. I read a lot on my cellphone too, so the larger screen is appreciated (though I do hope 8.1 makes smarter use of phablet resolutions).

All that said, I can totally see how its sheer size could put people off, let's see what Nokia has for us later.

I got my 920 in July last year and it still feels like I just got it. It's too soon for something new. The next Nexus phone might be interesting, though.

e: The 930 is the Icon, but with two more color options. Hm. I hate the color selection and it seems rather lazy.

tEeCnB7.png

The colors just don't work with the grey metal band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom