• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Its June also, that's so far away, Nokia should move a lot more quickly, especially when they are just reusing designs and internals.

derFeef

I have not seen this.
It's either highly erotic or confusing, not sure yet.

lock_5F005F00_test2_5F00_111A487B.png

What would the process be if I wanted to buy this and use it on ATT today? Where would I go to buy it, and how do I ensure it'll work on ATT?
You cannot access AT&T LTE with an icon, just a heads up. The radio doesn't support band 17.

Brief google search also says voicemail issues and an inability to receive MMS (group texts).

Mr.Swag

Banned
GAF I'm scared. I've had an iPhone 4 for almost 3 years now. I am so used to its size and features, but I'm tired of living in the past technology wise. I have despised every android phone I've ever tried using, so I'm gonna be a windows guy now. But, I was a t best buy yesterday, and I noticed that these Nokias are fucking huge. Is there any smaller phone coming out soon that windows 8.1?

dLMN8R

GAF I'm scared. I've had an iPhone 4 for almost 3 years now. I am so used to its size and features, but I'm tired of living in the past technology wise. I have despised every android phone I've ever tried using, so I'm gonna be a windows guy now. But, I was a t best buy yesterday, and I noticed that these Nokias are fucking huge. Is there any smaller phone coming out soon that windows 8.1?

The 4.5" devices are a great size. You'll get used to it fast and quickly hate the iPhone size!

Hmmm, there's a Lumia for just about every "standard" size. 4", 4.3", 4.5", 4.7"...I think 4.5" is used a lot. How big is too big for you?

Mr.Swag

Banned
Im with att, which Nokia is 4.5''?
And I didn't watch the whole /build// conference, but I didn't see any new phone announcements. Did I miss it?

NeOak

Im with att, which Nokia is 4.5''?
And I didn't watch the whole /build// conference, but I didn't see any new phone announcements. Did I miss it?

920, 925 and 1020.

930 is the Icon, which is exclusively for Verizon in the US.

Mr.Swag

Banned
researching and I'm loving the 1020.
Think I cant upgrade unless I do att next though. Reeeeallly don't want to finance a phone like that. But I just don't want to wait too long to upgrade. Anyone here doing the new once a year upgrades?

NeOak

Think I cant upgrade unless I do att next though. Reeeeallly don't want to finance a phone like that. But I just don't want to wait too long to upgrade. Anyone here doing the new once a year upgrades?

Uh, phone upgrades are every 2 years on a standard contract.

I have not seen this.
It's either highly erotic or confusing, not sure yet.
Its part of the new Lockscreen APIs. By default its the lockscreen we all know and love, but they are allowing developers to customize the lockscreen further if you have the app set as your provider.

Cortana will only get better as it rolls out to everyone. It really, truly does get better as it gets more uses by people. While MS is a very diverse group of people, we aren't representative of everyone :)

I really hope that we can use the USA region trick to be able to get Cortana on our phones in Canada. It would be annoying if we couldn't considering we speak the same language and our accents are (pretty much) identical anyways.

MCD

That new lock screen API is interesting. Can't wait to see OEMs turning all their WP phones into Android.

maeh2k

I intended to come home from work a bit early today and watch live, but then I lost track of time at work and and my train was another 40 minutes late...

Anyone know if there'll be a download of the video?

Cortana will only get better as it rolls out to everyone. It really, truly does get better as it gets more uses by people. While MS is a very diverse group of people, we aren't representative of everyone :)

Haven't read anything about an international roll-out of Cortana. Has it been announced when it will come to Germany? You guys better hurry. Otherwise there won't be much of Windows Phone left when it arrives. You might even lose Brot again!

I bought a used 1020 off eBay for $350 and couldn't be happier.

derFeef

My girlfriend loves the orange. She's going to get a 930 to replace her 920.

Then again, she is Dutch, so she can't really be trusted when it comes to orange.

Hah, it looked good on stage. Contrary to some some other opinions, I think the colors look great in that metal bezel. They really pop.

hadareud

The Translator
Hah, it looked good on stage. Contrary to some some other opinions, I think the colors look great in that metal bezel. They really pop.

Yeah I think so too. I think the 930 is a very pretty phone, like I said earlier it reminds me of a 925 mixed with an Icon. And the colours look very nice.

And most importantly, wireless charging is built in. Will be interesting to find out what it weighs and whether Brot's accusation of Nokia being unable to include wireless charging at an acceptable weight and thickness remains accurate. It looks thin enough, now about those grams.

I'll be slightly jealous when my gf gets it. I hope that the 1020 successor comes out this year, or else.

Fjolle

I intended to come home from work a bit early today and watch live, but then I lost track of time at work and and my train was another 40 minutes late...

Anyone know if there'll be a download of the video?

Haven't read anything about an international roll-out of Cortana. Has it been announced when it will come to Germany? You guys better hurry. Otherwise there won't be much of Windows Phone left when it arrives. You might even lose Brot again!

Download here: http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2014/KEY01

You should be able to use Cortana is you change your search locale or w/e it's called to USA.

And most importantly, wireless charging is built in. Will be interesting to find out what it weighs and whether Brot's accusation of Nokia being unable to include wireless charging at an acceptable weight and thickness remains accurate. It looks thin enough, now about those grams.
Looks like it's exactly the same specs as the icon (or they just copied the page), so 9.8 mm and 167 g

derFeef

Yeah I think so too. I think the 930 is a very pretty phone, like I said earlier it reminds me of a 925 mixed with an Icon. And the colours look very nice.

I'll be slightly jealous when my gf gets it. I hope that the 1020 successor comes out this year, or else.

Well Elop did tease something... I am sure Nokia is having something in store.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Im liking the 925 the most so far out of my research.
So how big a jump will I feel going from an iPhone 4 to a lumia 925?

Scumbag flowers

Mentions how great something is and how it will only get better, as more people use it
Only releases it in the US

f0lken

Im liking the 925 the most so far out of my research.
So how big a jump will I feel going from an iPhone 4 to a lumia 925?

What is the price? Because other than looks, it doesn´t have anything over the 1020 (And against the yellow 1020 it doesn't even have the looks to be better), you'll need to go for the Icon/930/1520 to get something better

dLMN8R

bah, forgot about that!

But I guess it's not really an upgrade, just identical hardware in a different shell. Would still rather get a 1020/1520 to replace it.

bah, forgot about that!

But I guess it's not really an upgrade, just identical hardware in a different shell. Would still rather get a 1020/1520 to replace it.

It's lighter and has one more lens on the camera, but yeah, it's basically a 920. I'm waiting on something new from ATT
IconIconIcon

Mr.Swag

Banned
It's lighter and has one more lens on the camera, but yeah, it's basically a 920. I'm waiting on something new from ATT
IconIconIcon
Should I just wait too then?
Nokia relased a couple phones back last year June.
I guess I'll just wait for this June.

Fuck me and my indecisiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom