• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irobot82

Does anyone know is the 630 is making its way to America? I have a 531 and love it (and the cost of it), but if the 630 comes out around the same price it would be a tempting upgrade.

PG2G

Does anyone know is the 630 is making its way to America? I have a 531 and love it (and the cost of it), but if the 630 comes out around the same price it would be a tempting upgrade.

Nobody knows yet, hopefully we'll get some info this evening. If anything I imagine there will be a next Gen 5XX by the end of the year.

hwalker84

i quite like the icon's look but why oh why is there no cyan!?

I'd love to hear why Cyan just got killed off after the 920.

So the Lumia 930 is the Icon.....

Hercules-Is-Disappointed-Yell-.gif

Watch it only be 16GB with no MicroSD card and no Qi

Still probably getting it

MarkusRJR

8.1 looks like it has a better podcast app with custom url feed support. so no need for a third party solution if the podcast isn't listed. about time too, i was getting tired of that problem, all of the third party podcast apps on windows phone are shit.
I live in Canada (an hour and a half drive from the border), so of course the integrated podcast support doesn't work.

Still butthurt 2 years later.

930 is what I'm looking for, except it won't have Qi on ATT. :(

I need to look at my contract as well, I think I still have a decent amount of time left on my 920.

kazinova

930 is what I'm looking for, except it won't have Qi on ATT. :(

I need to look at my contract as well, I think I still have a decent amount of time left on my 920.

I have two Qi charging pads...one at home and one at work. So useful.

Thanks to AT&T to dragging us into the past. Fun.

Same here, I got one for free with my 920, I got another for work. I'll be really sad panda to go back to plugging cables in or getting an adapter case. Dark ages.

I have to admit, I don't know if I'm going to buy another Windows Phone. I really don't want the three column home screen. It looked terrible in every single picture or screenshot I saw. If they're going to force it on my 920, I'll have to live with it, but I won't be happy about it.

I live in Canada (an hour and a half drive from the border), so of course the integrated podcast support doesn't work.

Still butthurt 2 years later.

Windows Phone 8.1 got a separate Podcast app. It's not integrated into the music app anymore. No info on international availability, though.

Tomcat

I got my 920 in July last year and it still feels like I just got it. It's too soon for something new. The next Nexus phone might be interesting, though.

e: The 930 is the Icon, but with two more color options. Hm. I hate the color selection and it seems rather lazy.

tEeCnB7.png

The colors just don't work with the grey metal band.

I think I will stay with my red lumia 920

PG2G

I have to admit, I don't know if I'm going to buy another Windows Phone. I really don't want the three column home screen. It looked terrible in every single picture or screenshot I saw. If they're going to force it on my 920, I'll have to live with it, but I won't be happy about it.

Sounds like it'll be an option on most phones

"So users will be able to select between two or three columns for the Start Screen, and there's even a background over Live Tiles."

Windows Phone is saved.

Are you really going to have to hold the phone up to your mouth to use Cortana?

[edit] his store icon has a number next to it, why still no auto updates like the desktop Windows?

930 is the Icon for global markets. It will not be released for ATT or T-Mobile.

There's still hope Nokia shows off a new device for ATT, "the premier" WP carrier.

Cortana will only get better as it rolls out to everyone. It really, truly does get better as it gets more uses by people. While MS is a very diverse group of people, we aren't representative of everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom