• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeOak

Should I just wait too then?
Nokia relased a couple phones back last year June.
I guess I'll just wait for this June.

Fuck me and my indecisiveness.

Bite on a 1020. Can't go wrong with 41Mpixels and already has 2GB RAM.

no instagram selfies pls

stktt

Banned
link?

Buy a 1020, trust me, become one of us

PeopleHub_5F00_thumb_5F00_592C1878.png

People Hub, Email and Accounts: The People Hub has higher-fidelity feeds for your social network content (large photos!) and it connects directly to 3rd-party social networking apps so that you can have easy access to all the full functionality of the 3rd party apps once they are installed. Email now supports S/MIME secure email, and we’ve broadened our support for different account types, now including iCloud.

Straight from Joe himself

Doffen

I'm aiming in on 930, if something more interesting get's announced or leaked before that I might change my aim.

Scumbag flowers

Mentions how great something is and how it will only get better, as more people use it
Only releases it in the US

Yeah, learn from Xbox One's mistakes, don't copy it.

Yeah, learn from Xbox One's mistakes, don't copy it.

if anything were up to me, everyone would get everything.....

Don't read into that more than me not knowing what restrictions are placed on the people who make decisions regarding those types of things. I know nothing about it, and in many cases do so on purpose so that I can feel free to comment here.

What's the holdup mister?

I could ask you that question. Not only is the actual OS release few months away, I don't even have anything to work with. No SDK, no press material, nothing and I clearly won't put up a quick and dirty OT with off-screen pictures.

So rest assured that the OT will be up in time for the OS release. :p

Doffen

if anything were up to me, everyone would get everything.....

Don't read into that more than me not knowing what restrictions are placed on the people who make decisions regarding those types of things. I know nothing about it, and in many cases do so on purpose so that I can feel free to comment here.

I just hope that even though I live in Norway, I will be able to use US/English Cortana.
Waiting for products to be localized here is like waiting for the snow to melt.

kurbaan

Banned
Should I just wait too then?
Nokia relased a couple phones back last year June.
I guess I'll just wait for this June.

Fuck me and my indecisiveness.

Id probably wait. Considering nokia really has not even announced an new TRUE WP8.1 phones yet. The 930 just seems like the Icon to me.

Did they confirm we are losing the facebook integration like it says in this article?

<3 3 columns and background pictures.

The background pictures can make it look horrible though. Very easy to make it look horribly ugly.
It seems like the best way to actually get backgrounds to look nice is to have your background image be as close to a solid color as possilbe

About to pull the trigger on a 1020.

How does music management work? Drag and drop?
Hold up how much are you paying for it?

There might be new phones in a few months for AT&T, unless you're real tired of your iPhone 4 I'd consider holding off especially if you're paying full price.

Mr.Swag

Banned
I'm not eligible for a 2 year upgrade until December of this year so I'm thinking of doing the AT&T next upgrade plan.
I know it's a ripoff, but the alternative is waiting 8 more months

But with the 930 announcement I guess I'll wait for the first AT&T 8.1 phone. Hopefully I'll be waiting less that two months.

f0lken

Hold up how much are you paying for it?

There might be new phones in a few months for AT&T, unless you're real tired of your iPhone 4 I'd consider holding off especially if you're paying full price.

Camajise said he bought one for $350, that's a good price in comparison with the most likely $600 of the new ones

I'm not eligible for a 2 year upgrade until December of this year so I'm thinking of doing the AT&T next upgrade plan.
I know it's a ripoff, but the alternative is waiting 8 more months

But with the 930 announcement I guess I'll wait for the first AT&T 8.1 phone. Hopefully I'll be waiting less that two months.
We don't know how well 8.1 will run on existing handsets and they will definitely run faster than the current crop of WP8 devices, not to mention the camera on the 1020 is a little slow if you're taking 5MP/41MP shots and the next model will likely be improved in this regard.

If you're doing Next, wouldnt you have to pay the $199 for an upgrade anyway? Just pick up an AT&T lumia 925 off Craigslist for $250 and sell it when you're eligible for an upgrade.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Not only am I extremely indecisive, but I'm also easily convinced lol.
I'll head to att tomorrow

You won't regret it, I fucking love my 1020. The camera is godly.

We don't know how well 8.1 will run on existing handsets and they will definitely run faster than the current crop of WP8 devices, not to mention the camera on the 1020 is a little slow if you're taking 5MP/41MP shots and the next model will likely be improved in this regard.

If you're doing Next, wouldnt you have to pay the $199 for an upgrade anyway? Just pick up an AT&T lumia 925 off Craigslist for $250 and sell it when you're eligible for an upgrade.
yeah, 8.1 has burst mode but will probably disable 41mp in that mode.

What happened to the 1020? :(

BTW: No 930 on AT&T makes someone else believe they are preparing the 1020 successor for them instead?
moneypenny (630), martini (930), and the flagship goldfinger (1030?) with rumored 3D touch were always the rumored devices.

Me too, will definitely get one if it comes. So Canada won't get Cortana?

Officially no, Though unlike other features which haven't come to Canada, They have said explicitly that they are looking to bring it to the rest of the world as Cortana nears the end of Beta.

What we dont know is if we will be able to unofficially get Cortana through the Region/Language trick.

Razdek

Banned
Officially no, Though unlike other features which haven't come to Canada, They have said explicitly that they are looking to bring it to the rest of the world as Cortana nears the end of Beta.

What we dont know is if we will be able to unofficially get Cortana through the Region/Language trick.

We better get the 930 though because that would suck if we get neither of them. Have they mentioned if they'll still release the dev preview next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom