• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNino

I've pondered a Z10 just so I can have a phone with bb on... I'm such a phone whore :(
I went from BB to WP, and I still use BB regularly as that is what I need for work. I don't miss it for the most part... using email was basically like IM on it though. I still laugh at how the data plan with my BB Bold 9000 was 6 GB, but I almost never went over 100 MB with heavy usage. My first month on the Focus used more than 10 times the data than the BB did.

You can buy a better spec'd pc for the same money if you have Linux on it instead of Windows, would you do that to your mom?

The difference is that I'm not stuck with Linux on that PC, while I am on a phone. If I could flash a WP ROM on the Moto G, this wouldn't be an issue.

MarkusRJR

So is there a way to pair a Windows Phone with the YouTube app on the Xbox One? I have issues trying to send a playlist or videos to the console, and was wondering if I'm alone on this.

It works so well on the android YouTube app, and the lack of it on WP is annoying.

So is there a way to pair a Windows Phone with the YouTube app on the Xbox One? I have issues trying to send a playlist or videos to the console, and was wondering if I'm alone on this.

It works so well on the android YouTube app, and the lack of it on WP is annoying.
don't have a One but I remember it working fine on 360.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Yeah it just works (phone browser with paired code)

Jesus Christ!...just buy the android phone.

It's not my money. I've mailed her the link to the 630 product page and she wants it. There's no way she would've got something else anyway. She hates her current Samsung and doesn't want am iPhone.

I'm just complaining, because Nokia seems to get away with bullshit like that, while there's real competition out there now, even in this price range.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Got MLB TV yesterday and I'm really liking the At Bat app. Hope that they improve the Xbox One app, which is pretty bare bones. Would be awesome to have a side bar with stats, etc.

dLMN8R

Has Endomondo improved its use of GPS? Last time I tried it, it was terrible at normalizing the GPS jitters which massively inflated distances.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
José Mourinho;107739036 said:
I've been trying to add an additional outlook account to my phone and it outright refuses to work. Real pain in the balls.
do you use 2 factor authentication?

Windu

Got MLB TV yesterday and I'm really liking the At Bat app. Hope that they improve the Xbox One app, which is pretty bare bones. Would be awesome to have a side bar with stats, etc.
eh, the at bat apps on Windows Phone and Windows 8 are shit compared to Android and iOS. I only use the phone app for audio and use the browser on Windows.

The Flash

Banned
So how are you liking it?

I'm liking it a lot. It's my first smartphone so I don't have anything to compare it to. The only negative so far is that it's going to take me forever to move my music playlists over. Is the Xbox Music Pass worth $100 a year?

hankster

I'm liking it a lot. It's my first smartphone so I don't have anything to compare it to. The only negative so far is that it's going to take me forever to move my music playlists over. Is the Xbox Music Pass worth $100 a year?
I got a year pass off eBay for $60. I just missed out on a $50 one at the time. Definitely worth it that way.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
eh, the at bat apps on Windows Phone and Windows 8 are shit compared to Android and iOS. I only use the phone app for audio and use the browser on Windows.

Ah, I have never used the other platforms.

I'm just happy that the Jays are not blacked out for me.

Doffen

Age of Empires: World Domination announced for Windows Phone
, iOS and Android...

From the award winning Age of Empires series comes the Next Generation free-to-play Mobile Strategy game! Create the Strongest Empire by commanding armies from the annals of history!

World Domination begins Summer 2014 on iOS, Android and Windows Phone.

TRAILER!!!

ss_prev01.png

ss_prev03.png

ss_prev02.png

ElNino

Same here, I've never subscribed before but it has been great so far. Video quality has generally been very good, even on LTE during my commute to work. As a Dodgers fan in the east, it is great to be able to watch the highlights or condensed game every morning now.

Never used the other apps either... what is different about them?

JaggedSac

José Mourinho;107783136 said:
I do, and I hadn't considered that. Probably because I naturally expect that it should pop up after the fact and ask for an additional authentication code, which I guess you're going to tell me it doesn't?

If I am not mistaken, unfortunately I usually am, you can select certain mobile apps to be exempt from the two factor authentication.

Windu

José Mourinho;107783136 said:
I do, and I hadn't considered that. Probably because I naturally expect that it should pop up after the fact and ask for an additional authentication code, which I guess you're going to tell me it doesn't?
yeah it doesn't tell you. you need to create a application password in your security settings on your microsoft account and enter that.

NeOak

Quick poll:

1520 color? My 920 is red so I'm tending towards that.

I'm not sure if I want to be stuck with only 16GB if I can't use the SD card for apps in 8.1, so it may be black anyway.

Ape

Banned
Quick poll:

1520 color? My 920 is red so I'm tending towards that.

I'm not sure if I want to be stuck with only 16GB if I can't use the SD card for apps in 8.1, so it may be black anyway.

You don't want to wait and see what 8.1 devices come out? It really shouldn't be that long.

Plus, you rocked the fucking Dell Venue Pro
unicorn
for a while right? I'm sure you can manage a little longer if you aren't completely sold on the 1520. If you are, I'd say red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom