• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youkai Watch 01

VugRG83l.jpg

For a Level 5 anime cash in, this was surprisingly decent.

The intro was pretty dull, but it got pretty better when it started going into here's a type of ghost and let's have some wacky hijicks with it. Definitely better than I expected.

It even has a zombie CG ED dance!

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 16

Well I think my theory was just blown.

Or it hasn't yet. There's still another shot for it to be true, but it's also my last shot.

Not everyone gets it right their first time though!

Quasar

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha - 1

As some others had said, the first episode's pacing was a bit frantic, but it did leave us at a good stopping point. Otherwise, I think there's a lot to be pleased about if you were a fan of the manga. The art is pretty, the music is good, and it doesn't get bogged down by the drama of the day. I thought it was pretty funny too. It's definitely one of my favorite first episodes of the season.

We did at least get that look between Uka and Touka. High point right there.

Witchcraft works - 02
So far a pretty faithfull adaptation that would have been almost perfect if it wasn't for some terrible on screen effects.
And it's a shame since the anime has some very good on - screen effects at times but sometimes they just don't work.

The best part of this episode wasn't the torture classroom fight but the shopping part were they were stalked in secret by the sister.
They really added her in all the shots possible

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
KILL la KILL 13

Whoo was worried for a second that there would be no
Mako
for a few episodes. Can't have the show without the best character.

Oh hey I just realized I can take pics of anime with my PS4. Now I can be part of the cool gang that reviews stuff with images.

Hold on to your knick knacks. You're about to get Admiral'd anime reviews.

Syrinx

Aikatsu! 33

Mizuki is deranged. What the hell was the point of all that? And I'm pretty sure that Yurika's dead now. RIP Yurika.

And lol at the ending. That was random as fuck.
I was gonna ask when that redhead girl was going to show up. But hey. And some entrance!

CorvoSol

Oh my God Happy Science has reptile people.

Is there anything that isn't true in Happy Science?

Also the music in the background in this scene is almost certainly the Deku Kingdom theme from Majora's Mask.

duckroll

Witch Craft Works - Episode 2

Yeah I'm definitely enjoying this. It's a silly generic LN style story filtered through Mizushima's hyperactive action comedy lens, and that's probably good enough for me. Lots of good action, bright colors, funny random humor and ridiculous designs. Fun stuff. The animation and effects in this episode felt a lot better than ep1 too. Nice improvement.

Oh, MyAnimeList.... never change

I mean totally lose your user base and bring back sensible English names!

These are the reviews I like though. I remember a recommendation that made me laugh out loud for a harem where it said something like

"This harem is good because the protagonist is a badass who doesn't take shit from anyone and doesn't act like a pussy so he gets all of the bitches"

The shock from reading that amidst a sea of "it iz good because the girls are kawaii ^_^!" recommendations was too much and my brain imploded.

Dresden

The physical abuse stuff that gets played out as being cute in chu2 is so weird. It's okay, thought Rikka. I can change him.

Auu~

I know I'm not the only one seeing the pattern in KyoAni show of male protagonists physically abusing moe female characters. Maybe it's KyoAni hinting at those with incredible insight, such as myself, that they are disgusted with their moe characters but can't change the status quo so take out their frustration on said girls.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I know I'm not the only one seeing the pattern in KyoAni show of male protagonists physically abusing moe female characters. Maybe it's KyoAni hinting at those with incredible insight, such as myself, that they are disgusted with their moe characters but can't change the status quo so take out their frustration on said girls.
Where is the pattern? Tamako Market was about moeblobs abusing Thanksgiving dinner. Free! was about girls fantasizing about boys abusing each other. KnK was about moeblobs abusing creepers.

CorvoSol

If FMP still counts, Chidori is the one abusing Sousuke, not the other way around.

K-ON! has no male protagonists.

wonzo

Banned
brah you cray.

satsuki is terrible. she needs to wax her eyebrows.

ryuuko is aight. can't compete with mako though, but really nobody can.
nah duder, satsuki owns and i can't get enough of her sheer resolve <3

mako still best tho

i just want a slice of life show with satsuki and her elites hanging out and occasionally conquesting shit :(
hopefully that's what the ova in the last volume is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom