• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunter x Hunter (2011) 49

Hohohohoho, shit gets real once more with feeling!
capturing kids yo! This was the part I was waiting for!

Gazoinks

Nodame Cantibile 1

I'm gonna start Rozen Maiden 2013, but I wanted to check this out before I forgot.

And I'm glad I did! Very enjoyable first episode. The setting is really nice (music! adults!), the characters already have good chemistry, and it was pretty funny. Looking forward to seeing how it develops.
Nodame's apparently already fallen for Chiaki, so hopefully they get together soon and the show spends more time on their relationship.

Kato and Harada
was such a random pairing. I can't remember any kind of build-up to that happening.

I kinda liked it for that reason. It made it feel like there was life on the ship outside of what you were seeing. Would've been nice to see more of a build-up though, yeah.

Syrinx

Kino's Journey 12

I have no words. I'm sorry to disappoint you cajunator and nintendoman, but I just have no words. None. If I had them, I'd give them to you. But I don't.

Gazoinks

Kino's Journey 12

I have no words. I'm sorry to disappoint you cajunator and nintendoman, but I just have no words. None. If I had them, I'd give them to you. But I don't.

This was the episode with
the two armies who got out their aggression by murdering indigenous people, right?

Yeeeeah Kino's Journey is fun times.

Kino's Journey 12

Don't sweat it. Nothing can be said about that episode. I mean, nothing even needs to be said cause they
outright show how messed up it is right in front of you and say, ISN'T IT WONDERFUL?!?

cnet128

Banned
Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! 15

Supposedly a Rin focus episode, but really this was all about the old mushroom crone and her continued "let's trap some of the Cures in a fairytale world" gimmick. This time it was Jack and the Beanstalk, which was much more entertaining than the Pinocchio scenario she came up with last time.

While the Cures were climbing up the beanstalk and Rin was reprimanding Nozomi to be careful because it was dangerous, I was all like "gais why don't you just transform already, then you could probably run/jump straight up that thing no problem". So I was pleasantly surprised that when they reached the giant's house they actually discussed the possibility of transforming right then and there, and came up with a legitimate excuse for dismissing it! (Since the full team wasn't assembled, they wanted to avoid fighting if possible, and transforming would be sure to draw the enemy's attention.)

Butyeah, of course the giant (er, Hoshiina) ended up waking up and they had to fight it after all. Surprisingly enough, the show actually let them get away with fighting it as a partial team - Komachi and Karen didn't transform in this episode at all! Ostensibly it was to show that Rin is such a good friend to Nozomi that their teamwork can take down the enemy even in a desperate situation, but in practice it just felt like a nice little break from the usual formula and proof that the group's obsession with always staying together is kind of pointless.

Oh, and if this episode did prove anything about Rin, it's that she's strong as fuck. When Nozomi fell off the beanstalk, Rin literally caught her out of the air by the ankle with one hand and held up her entire body weight while still clinging to the side of the beanstalk herself. She deserves some kind of medal for that feat.

I also noticed some awkward cuts/continuity blips in the action this episode, such as the giant being sent dramatically crashing down onto the floor backwards in one shot and then inexplicably being shown leaning forwards on one knee in the next shot less than one second later, and Nozomi performing her physical divebomb finisher on the enemy only to be shown standing right next to Rin where she started a couple of seconds later without any indication of having moved. But I guess I shouldn't sweat the details =p

Gazoinks

Pupa 02

Hey the episode started. Wait no it's over. Yeah, at this length I don't think it's really worth watching. It's totally incapable of building up the atmosphere it requires. Also the monster looks goofy.

cnet128

Banned
Attack on Titan 23

Think I could read shingeki fanfiction that'd be better than this.

Really, for episode 23? I could understand a comment like that for episode 22, with all the rampant stupidity and manufactured drama about the dead bodies, but episode 23 was one of the more legit parts of the show.

Narag

Really, for episode 23? I could understand a comment like that for episode 22, with all the rampant stupidity and manufactured drama about the dead bodies, but episode 23 was one of the more legit parts of the show.

blah blah blah our officers are super corrupt and aren't bros like levi and erwin. lookit this corruption. yo annie give me a hand

Narag's destined SnK soulmate is the competent and manly Erwin Smith.

time to fight branduil

Utena Episode 14
tumblr_mzkvdro4yj1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Black Rose characters are vastly interesting and entertaining. Think I will have to have Mikage as one of the better characters in this anime, if only Miki could have joined up over with the Black Rose crew. Fight did feel like a fodder fight :/

Narag

Attack on Titan 24

I'll try to be positive this time. Here's the good parts I took from this episode:

• awesome cold open
  • mikasa death stare

Phi Brain (S3) 62-65

And thus we finally learn Enigma's deal. Honestly...
Enigma, you obviously have issues. A lot of issues. And unlike Rook or Freecell, who were warped by the rings? You have no excuse. You're just flat out insane.

And now that I'm caught up... I have to agonizingly wait for the next one. Maybe I'll pick up Hunter x Hunter or something.

Kill la Kill 14

I enjoyed the school raiding stuff. I like Ryuko's scarf design. And with the bike, she was very... Kamen Ridery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom