• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeFu

Banned
Log Horizon 16

This show is so good. I love how a world event shakes things up like they're supposed to. Good to see the scrubs take initiative now, but they didn't delve deeper into Rudy. Guess we'll find out later.

Next episode should be awesome! Lenessia probably going to ask the adventurers for help I guess.

Tenumi

Banned
World Conquest Zvezda Plot: 02

This is so weird. But its weird enough to be fun and entertaining to watch. As long as that keeps up, I'll keep watching it.

Gazoinks

Nodame Cantabile 2
P8Ki0P4l.jpg

Postcard moment

I like this show a lot already. Actually funny humor, quirky characters, and good music. Hope Mine becomes a recurring character. He's pretty fun, makes a good bro with Nodame.

Take it back..

TAKE IT BACK

CCS is the best magical girl anime ever made. It's a god damn classic.
No.. it's indeed a classic but it's not the best magical girl show.
R_Thanatos and I are voiced by the same woman. 0.0
we are closer you and I than you think.

i'm getting some 2x2 shinobuden vibes from this

cajunator

Banned
Well I think he said he left off on 33 and that people saying the last half (it's really the last third, since that's the Eriol arc) isn't as good is discouraging.

It did end on a weak note IMO but still worth seeing. But really CCS is about the hnnngsperience.

Strike the Blood 14

Opening: Chalk up another in the "Not as good as the first one" list.
Ending: Feel like I should hear the full version before deciding if its bad or not.

OT3 with Sayaka and Folia is now set.

Knew having them together would be a good thing.

Best harem member appears once again.

Still decides to not do shit, even when his husbando's body is stolen.

Jarmel

Banned
jDIMd.jpg

Imocho-3
Today, we delve in the bowels of domestic abuse. Mitsuki and her mother were victims of an alcoholic and abusive father. This has caused her mother to spiral into a series of breakups before settling on Yuya's father. This would explain why Mitsuki is emotionally distant as she's been the victim of shitty family issues and doesn't want to get emotionally attached so therefore she isolates herself. This might even explain Mitsuki's urinary issues in that it stems from anxiety issues due to her childhood abuse. It's even possible that there is no Hiyori and Mitsuki has Bipolar Disorder along with Dissociative Identity Disorder, but that's less likely. Either way, it can be assured that Mitsuki is still suffering on a social and emotional level stemming from her father's abuse. What really makes this show stand out from the rest though is its ability to switch gears shortly after telling this riveting story to going back to these 'harem' hijinks. It puts these scenes in a different light such as Mitsuki not wanting to be touched by her brother could be a complication from her issues with her father.
We then have the introduction of the long lost childhood friend of Yuuya who appears just in time to save Mitsuki and Yuya who are trapped in the bathroom together. This was where I was worried that the show would falter but they went straight on and tackled the insecurities that Mitsuki has from her own appearances. Mitsuki's mother lost her husband to a younger,and probably more fit looking, woman and that surely must have been at the precipice of Mitsuki's mind as Yukina, the childhood friend, appeared. I'm sure that's partly what made Mitsuki mad in that Yukina was more flirtatious, and is acting as a seductress, which almost certainly brought back memories of Mitsuki losing her father. This leads to a big confrontation between Hiyori, possessing Mitsuki's body, and Yukina, where Hiyori asks Yuya whether he likes bigger or smaller boobs. Yuya being the gentleman that he is, states that he likes both equally.
i21OvrNVQpeKv.jpg

Absolutely wonderful storyboarding. We have a boob on the left and delicious flat cake on the right. What's great about this scene is how milk is made in the making of cake so that is symbolically representing the milk potential in any woman's boobs.
Afterwards we have another scene where Mitsuki's panties get wet. The show subverts the viewer's expectations though by having a third party being responsible due to spilling a glass of water. This was a good way of preventing the show from becoming stale while still linking back to Mitsuki's urinary issues.
i74uDkVVihQfA.jpg

This was a really powerful scene as I thought it harkened back to Mitsuki's domestic abuse brought up early in the episode. Yuya is angry and he grips Mitsuki's arm in a powerful gripe to the point where she felt trapped.
The wind blowing up Mitsuki's skirt in the last scenes was something I thought fairly easy to read into. The wind is symbolically representing the winds of change. Mitsuki is going to have to change her behaviour if she expects to beat Yukina and one aspect she is going to have to change is her sex appeal. It could also represent how Yukina being able to see Hiyori/Mitsuki in ghost form is another change in the status quo.
iGJBdY8bVAmEj.jpg

sogood.gif
It's relieving to see this show maintain the quality standards it initially embarked on.

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket S2 15

Nothing big happen this episode but foreshadow that
Momoi is about to take over next episode

Also a nice end card

640px-Epilogue_ep40.png

Log Horizon 16

So this new arc is pretty good. I like how all the previous stuff builds up onto this.

I also really enjoy how normal game events suddenly have an importance in this show.

Gazoinks

Log Horizon 16

So this new arc is pretty good. I like how all the previous stuff builds up onto this.

I also really enjoy how normal game events suddenly have an importance in this show.

Yeah, the show's done a really great job of tying game mechanics into the world. I loved it when they acknowledged day/night cycles two episodes ago.

What do you personally believe is the best one?

Very though to decide witch one is "the best".CCS is always in my top 5 , along with nanoha A's , and heartcatch pretty cure & Sailor moon.

I'm a magical girl warrior fan , so my taste is limited to that subgenre i must admit .

Have you seen Magic Knight Rayearth?

Yes ! several times , bought the tapes , then the dvds and some special artbooks even !

I enjoy this anime a lot , but not enough for it to be in my top 5 , it's in my top 10....

when i said "limited" , it did not mean that i hadn't seen that many show , in fact it's the opposite .
---------------
Chuu2_lite Ren 02

What is this i don't even ...:

cajunator

Banned
Finished Hanzo side of Senran Kagura Burst and now working on Hebijo side.

I am totally onboard for this ship.

Is that Hikage? The snake girl one..

Yes ! several times , bought the tapes , then the dvds and some special artbooks even !

I enjoy this anime a lot , but not enough for it to be in my top 5 , it's in my top 10....

when i said "limited" , it did not mean that i hadn't seen that many show , in fact it's the opposite .
---------------
Chuu2_lite Ren 02

What is this i don't even ...:

Rayearth 2 also?

What about Pretear? Also avoid Wedding Peach because fuck that show.

Chuu-2 - 4

This show is actually a really fun watch, Seriously glad that I picked it up.
Hairclip having a similar backstory to Protagonist was a total surprise reveal and its made her ridiculously more relate-able as a character. She's grown from the "generic perfect idol" love interest to someone far more interesting and the contrast between potential love interest that she was coined as to the hilariously dismissive and almost manipulative attitude she has in earnest was really great.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Nisekoi ep 2

Shaft is knocking this one out of the park, even stronger than the first episode, everything is on point here. They're bringing out the comedic elements of the manga really well.

cajunator

Banned
Nakama! Hikage is so awesome, Haruka comes in a close second.

Correct!

I love snake girls.

Tuesday is so far away ;_;

I felt adrenaline course through my body at the sight of those pics. Holy shit this is going to be great!

That's MISTRESS HARUKA to you.

Its REALLY hard to withhold from buying this. I might not make it.
I must stay strong. I cannot simply buy every shiny pretty thing!

That's only if they have the drills.

Green is my fav Hebijo. But I'm only in chapter 2.
Drills area nice bonus for the "oh oh oh" oujo - samas

Is that Hikage? The snake girl one..

Rayearth 2 also?

What about Pretear? Also avoid Wedding Peach because fuck that show.
Yes i've seen pretear and i've seen all of rayearth

i'm a magical girl "sommelier" i've seen so many and i'm a very very harsh critic.
I can safely say that i've seen all the "must-see" shows and quite a number of obscure releases.
Finished Hanzo side of Senran Kagura Burst and now working on Hebijo side.

I am totally onboard for this ship.

SDBurton , word of warning ... you're not gonna need to ship anything in sengan kagura shinobi versus ( the next one on vita ) ... There is some subtle yuri , the Not-subtle yuri , it's in there ..you'll have a blast if you play this game ...garanteed.
In that game there are no need for shipping , it's already in your face for your entertainment.

cajunator

Banned
Drills area nice bonus for the "oh oh oh" oujo - samas

Yes i've seen pretear and i've seen all of rayearth

i'm a magical girl "sommelier" i've seen so many and i'm a very very harsh critic.
I can safely say that i've seen all the "must-see" shows and quite a number of obscure releases.

SDBurton , word of warning ... you're not gonna need to ship anything in sengan kagura shinobi versus ( the next one on vita ) ... There is some subtle yuri , the Not-subtle yuri , it's in there ..you'll have a blast if you play this game ...garanteed.
In that game there are no need for shipping , it's already in your face for your entertainment.

Have you seen Houkago no Pleiades? Its like a subaru commercial more than an anime but I heard its squee.

Have you seen Houkago no Pleiades? Its like a subaru commercial more than an anime but I heard its squee.

Cajun , you're not reading me properly . I've seen pretty much all there is to see.

So yeah i've seen houkago no pleiades.
Nice short , full of sparkles but underwhelming despite the nice start.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Log Horizon Episode 16:

I think I can describe most of this episode by the following two groups arguing "Should we do something?" and "We should do something" respectively. Some of other tidbits going around like the real implications of death but yea, pretty dull this week though things look to pick up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom