• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
This is the greatest thing

LQZgHh5.png

Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva

So since I somehow completed Layton 4, I guess it was good time for me to watch this before I ever get around to starting Layton 5.

It was pretty enjoyable. It's your typical Layton plot of a grand mystery just without all the puzzles they throw at you by pretty much everyone and everything in the game.

It looked pretty nice, definitely a step up from the animated cutscenes you see in the game. The music was pretty good since the mystery was more musically themed than others.

So basically your typical Layton game just without all the filler of puzzles.

And for the hell of it, a ranking of the Layton games I played:
3 > 1 > 4 > Eternal Diva > 2

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It's pork though, not beef. Totally different.

Meat is meat. Do you differentiate between Meatballs made out of meat and ones made out of pork? How about sausages? They are clearly the same thing.

MEAT IS MURDER

Also if you ever come across a BurgerFi you should eat there. They have the best veggie burger so I'd imagine the ones actually made with meat would be pretty good too.

Sekai Seifuku - Bouryaku no Zvezda - 02

ok then time for the second episode !
Sekai%20Seifuku%20-%2002_01.jpg

Soooo looking forward to this ...

Well the first thing to note is that :

-Previews are not confirmed to be nonsense.
-We get to see the good guy side for a while , and they are not less crazy than the bad ones
-They are going to joke with the MC name untill the end, right ?

The nonsense was strong but the characters were excellent.

Sekai%20Seifuku%20-%2002_02.gif

Best reaction moment i've seen in a while.

It's actually quite intresting that we see both sides.
The bad guys , the conquerors are shown in a bright , familly side even if they are crazy , but the overall chemistry was pretty good , despite the unexpected. Especially seen from the MC.
On the opposite , the good guys , gave this "organisation" feelign , this cold feelign ... you could be mistaken on who is right and who is wrong based on their settings.

Another good thing to note is that the MC actually took action ! It's actually awesome , the characters aren't whimps ... he actually told her that her cooking was freaking crap even when she was angry with a sword in her hands ... I mean i don't even know how she managed to make food in that shape lol.

The base was cool !
The base design was actually pretty much nonsense ... but it felt like managed nonsense... i like the look , the fact that the base can appear and disappear in other locations is also great. Nice gimmick.

So .. verdict : SO far the characters are nice or great , the setting is STUPID , but it works and i have no problem being "conquered".
Verdict :
Sekai%20Seifuku%20-%2002_03.gif

I like it

cajunator

Banned
Meat is meat. Do you differentiate between Meatballs made out of meat and ones made out of pork? How about sausages? They are clearly the same thing.

MEAT IS MURDER

Also if you ever come across a BurgerFi you should eat there. They have the best veggie burger so I'd imagine the ones actually made with meat would be pretty good too.

Meat is delicious murder :D

Chariot

Another really well directed episode. Just it's such a shame that the manga is dog shit.
OI! Please don't shit on Komi Naoshi. He is really great mangaka, whose attemps at really awesome stories were shot down.
Just read his Oneshots (e.g. Island, Apple and Personant) and Double Arts. And don't be shocked by the decay of the last Double Arts chapters. That's just because Jump Readers destroyed it in the votings and they tried to appeal somehow at the audience.
Also I think that the Nisekoi manga is really nice, especially the cute expressions. It's really fun, if not great. The stretching only happens because Jump readers are mean and kill good things manga like Double Arts, Asklepios, Mx0, Psyren and so on in favor of Bleach and Naruto.

OI! Please don't shit on Komi Naoshi. He is really great mangaka, whose attemps at really awesome stories were shot down.
Just read his Oneshots (e.g. Island, Apple and Personant) and Double Arts. And don't be shocked by the decay of the last Double Arts chapters. That's just because Jump Readers destroyed it in the votings and they tried to appeal somehow at the audience.
Also I think that the Nisekoi manga is really nice, especially the cute expressions. It's really fun, if not great. The stretching only happens because Jump readers are mean and kill good things manga like Double Arts, Asklepios, Mx0, Psyren and so on in favor of Bleach and Naruto.

Nisekoi is not bad at all but it doesn't really seem to have a bigger plot anymore. I don't really care and just enjoy the chapter but sometimes I wish that I could be reading Double Arts instead of a nice romcom.

My wish is that Nisekoi turns into a huge success, making people look for Double Arts. And then for some reason Sueisha would resurrect it in SQ, X or Ultra. Just like Shaman King rose from its grave.

And I haven't even heard of Asklepios. Guess I have to read one more cancelled manga to hate Jump's weird voting system even more
I don't really hate it but I'm salty
:(

Nisekoi is not bad at all but it doesn't really seem to have a bigger plot anymore. I don't really care and just enjoy the chapter but sometimes I wish that I could be reading Double Arts instead of a nice romcom.

My wish is that Nisekoi turns into a huge success, making people look for Double Arts. And then for some reason Sueisha would resurrect it in SQ, X or Ultra. Just like Shaman King rose from its grave.

And I haven't even heard of Asklepios. Guess I have to read one more cancelled manga to hate Jump's weird voting system even more
I don't really hate it but I'm salty
:(

STill salty at who-ever responsible for Mx0 sudden death .

DokiDoki Precure 48

Mana can't keep secrets, she just fucking revealed her identity. BUT by doing so, she gets ALL THE CHEERS! except from Alice's dad and Sebastian, who cheered all of them on.

FUCKING ROSETTA BALLOON IS BACK! AND IT DID SOMETHING DIFFERENT! TOEI DIDN'T LIE! Giant battles! This isn't Bowser's Inside Story/Snore Team.

Dammit Rikka, don't freeze yourself to kill something.

They went inside the King Selfish and saved Burger King. There was almost yuri, but the side characters had to fucking show up. NO ONE GAVE A SHIT ABOUT THE OTHERS! They just happened to be there, to them I bet.

And Bel is number one

There was humor here. Sure do like killing fodder all at once.

NEXT TIME! Next week is doing what I was really fearing the fucking most. God damn it Yes Precure 5 GoGo movie!

Looks like Mana's getting tortured and will be the only one to get a final form.

Narag

Yamato 2199 - 10

Much like warping around, talking about blowing up Pluto, and the existence of the wave motion gun, Yamato throws some more science and physics off to the side in somehow maklng the blue girl better than the brown girl.

Midonin

Doki Doki! Precure 48

Mana is so powerful as a presence. From announcing her secret identity without a care in the world to flying right into the heart of ChernaKing just because she goes right for the riskiest plan. The fight scenes were about as top notch as one could expect from a Precure series, with everybody getting a moment to shine. Especially Alice (hey, it's her mom!) and the giant Lance she summoned. This is one of those Bearguy things I've been hearing about right? She even got it to summon a bearier. I'll stop.

As expected from our Prime Minister.
Things were so set up for a happy ending too. We maybe would've gotten to see Mana and Regina kiss if the minor characters hadn't stormed the stage. Then Bel had to eat the last, marshmallow sized bit of King Selfish.
So, finale, and then Happiness Charge. I'll formulate some kind of opinion on Doki Doki then.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Episode 2 should sell you on it.
Never understood this train of logic, I thought episode 1 was awesome in its own right.

Obviously I had the benefit of being a bit late to the party so I could watch the first few episodes in one swoop.

Serious

I don't care what people say about it being a commercial for Kamogawakamogawakamogawa I loved that show.

I enjoyed the show, but I feel that it had the potential to be a lot more interesting if the setting and events weren't shackled to Kamogawa. Also the whole "look how great Kamogawa is" thing got kind of silly.

Kuroko no Basket S2 15

Nothing big happen this episode but foreshadow that
Momoi is about to take over next episode

Also a nice end card

640px-Epilogue_ep40.png

Kind of confirms ultimately that this season has just had a plain bad batch of end cards, hopefully for Haikyuu!! they will focus on the more meaningful characters for end cards and not lose their way like Kurobas has..

Narag

Yamato 2199 - 11

Predictable turn but when it's handled this well who cares, right? Love how much characterization Okita manages simply from his presence. The right angle or shading says everything when he says nothing.

I enjoyed the show, but I feel like that held it back, that it had the potential to be a lot more interesting if the setting and events weren't shackled to Kamogawa. Also the whole "look how great Kamogawa is" thing got kind of silly.

That's pretty much my take on it as well . Had they made Kamogawa a central key in the story but allowed the characters to breathe outside of it , it would have been so much more "true" to what we're expecting for a show.
Rinne had great ideas and cool characters. you feel like most of it was held back by the location when it should have helped them to become better.

Higurashi and persona 4 are actually using their respectives locations to tell their plot . In rinne you feel like they told a plot in a specific location.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
World Conquest 2

This show is actually pretty damn funny. Really enjoying it. However, what the hell is with the weird filter over the backgrounds? It's really distracting. And it's not like A-1 can't do backgrounds, so I don't know what the hell is up with it.

Also, Natasha still best.

Syrinx

Aikatsu! 36

Why was Ran having so much trouble with the dance? It was the same one she did in all of those auditions. It has that stupid duck waddle. Also I'm fucking tired of the goddamn Tristar song. And when this concert is held, is that the only song they sing? Who pays to go watch one song being performed? How do you sell out Big Stadium with one song? Also what kind of name is "Big Stadium"? If Portland or Montreal or wherever gets a major league baseball team in the future, I hope they name their park "Big Field".

And if Ichigo and Aoi are so lonely, why don't they go hang out with Otome and Yurika and Sakura?

cajunator

Banned
Murder never tasted so good.

I find it pretty weird if Nisekoi is 11 episodes because
Marika
was in the OP and I find it highly unlikely they'll get to that in that short amount of time.

Ill have to see this marika person. For now its Onedera or gtfo.

Man whatevs. In Brazil they come with corn, tato bits, egg and pineapple. Brazilian style burgers are where it is AT.

I don't care what people say about it being a commercial for Kamogawakamogawakamogawa I loved that show.

The Hisler sounds like a Dr. Seuss monster.

Id be willing to try this brazil burger. At the moment I have a giant burrito at my disposal.

Aikatsu! 36

Why was Ran having so much trouble with the dance? It was the same one she did in all of those auditions. It has that stupid duck waddle. Also I'm fucking tired of the goddamn Tristar song. And when this concert is held, is that the only song they sing? Who pays to go watch one song being performed? How do you sell out Big Stadium with one song? Also what kind of name is "Big Stadium"? If Portland or Montreal or wherever gets a major league baseball team in the future, I hope they name their park "Big Field".

And if Ichigo and Aoi are so lonely, why don't they go hang out with Otome and Yurika and Sakura?

Because those three aren't the main idols. Duh.

Tenumi

Banned
This has been bugging me for a while - just because it's Precure and most people watch it live doesn't mean you should spoil almost the entire episode.

I can completely agree with that. Spoiling episodes is bad.

Especially on a place like Twitter, where spoiler tags are non-existent...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom