• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Texhnolyze 11

So I guess stuff is going to get real soon... right?

There's no real loose ties in the end.

Remember that.

Also soon:

FrNK7.png

duckroll

I think another thing that people need to keep in mind is that Ufotable is usually a very, very faithful studio. When they adapt stuff they tend to stick closely to the tone and style of the source, even if they make changes, because they have a profound amount of respect for the original fans of whatever material they're adapting. All of their staff mention this point in interviews, and talk about how the studio culture revolves around thinking of what the "customer" wants first and foremost.

The difficulty Kondo has mentioned with regards of adapting Fate/Stay Night is because it is based on a game with 3 different routes, and anime is a different medium. This is likely the main reason why the story is being modified. Not because people working on it think that the game is crap or that the existing routes are garbage. Even though they are.

Jarmel

Banned
I think another thing that people need to keep in mind is that Ufotable is usually a very, very faithful studio. When they adapt stuff they tend to stick closely to the tone and style of the source, even if they make changes, because they have a profound amount of respect for the original fans of whatever material they're adapting. All of their staff mention this point in interviews, and talk about how the studio culture revolves around thinking of what the "customer" wants first and foremost.

Fate route confirmed.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
In other words, boring!

raven777

"the atmosphere will be serious similar to Fate Zero, but will have some funny moments inbetween.
You will feel the connection from Fate Zero.
They want to portray Shiro properly as a main character."

duckroll

"the atmosphere will be serious similar to Fate Zero, but will have some funny moments inbetween.
You will feel the connection from Fate Zero.
They want to portray Shiro properly as a main character."

What that probably means: EMIYA -Remix 4- on the soundtrack every 10 minutes in every episode.

Edit: Oh, looks like they confirmed that the new original material is from Nasu. So that settles that. :p

cajunator

Banned
I would be for this. Rin is the best girl by far. Best personality, best thigh-highs, best hair.

I need to see Rebellion :(
I was working when it happened in Chicago.

Rin is the perfect embodiment of the concept of Zettai Ryouiki. She is its raison d'etre.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/2...m_campaign=Feed:+siliconera/MkOc+(Siliconera)

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax news! Playable Ro-kyu-bu character (Tomoka), plus Kaga Koko from Golden Time and Kino from Kino's Journey as support characters. Plus some other characters I don't know!

Koko and Kino? Shit Im definitely buying this game.

Defuser

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/2...m_campaign=Feed:+siliconera/MkOc+(Siliconera)

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax news! Playable Ro-kyu-bu character (Tomoka), plus Kaga Koko from Golden Time and Kino from Kino's Journey as support characters. Plus some other characters I don't know!
How the fuck does a loli playing basketball can be a playable character while characters like Touma and Celty are support characters? Man fuck you Sega and your pedo/perverted panderings.

fertygo

Brah, Urobuchi's responsible for that weird transition in
Berserker vs Saber
in F/Z.. when he talking about he thinking that's the best from narrative in video format or something. Same for cutting Gil's flashback.
I sincerely hope Nasu won't ever pull stuff like that, since he not have knowledge about thing like that anyway.

NeonZ

All jokes aside the
coup
episode of Yamato really did make me think BSG must've been a big inspiration. Probably not, but I'd like to think it is.

Did this happen in the original Yamato?

There was a mutiny, but the context was different from the one in 2199. It happened after they finally get to Iscandar, which seemed almost like a paradise when they get there.

Part of the crew decides that they're just going to stay there and that returning to Earth is pointless, and too dangerous due to how damaged the Yamato was. They also kidnap Yuki to be their "Eve". The leader of the rebels there was Yabu, an assistant engineer. The others were all nameless. They also end up failing in a completely different way.
Iscandar's condition was actually quite unstable, not the paradise it seemed to be at first sight, and they're caught up in the sudden natural disasters. Yuki is rescued while the others just die.

Hunter x Hunter 27

I have to admit, my interest in this is starting to stall. This arc doesn't seem all that promising either, when does it start to get really good again?

cnet128

Banned
Hunter x Hunter 27

I have to admit, my interest in this is starting to stall. This arc doesn't seem all that promising either, when does it start to get really good again?

Nothing wrong with the Heaven's Arena arc, it gets pretty fun and serves the important purpose of introducing the abilities that are a key feature of the rest of the show.

That said, you shouldn't get too worried if Heaven's Arena isn't doing it for you, since it's only about ten episodes long, and the arc immediately afterwards is a fan favourite.

Blusby

Fate/Zero had almost no oversight. That's why I say your perspective is naive. It was a story Type Moon didn't feel like telling themselves, so they let someone else tell it. That's a totally different situation from Fate/Stay Night.
Errr not exactly, Nasu supposedly wrote most of the layout for Zero beforehand including characters, events, and such. Uro and him worked on it together in collaboration where things happened like Uro changing Rider's character (Nasu originally intended for him to be like his rendition of Nero) and Nasu even scrapped some Uro ideas like the loli Assassin with amnesia who was gonna stay with team Rider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom