• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicmj1

I'd say F/SN is better than Zero just because it challenges the inane ideal present in Zero (applying it in a practical sense) and has a better developed cast.

What inane ideal in Zero doesn't go challenged? I don't think anyone's views survive that show without getting crushed brutally.

Vito

Banned
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou cast:

Usa Kazunari - Yūichi Iguchi
Ritsu Kawai - Kana Hanazawa
Mayumi Nishiki - Rina Satou
Shirosaki - Gô Shinomiya
Sayaka Watanabe - Hisako Kanemoto
Sumiko - Sanae Kobayashi

http://otakomu.jp/archives/48826.html
(source: Young King Ours March; cover: http://z2-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B00HUWUC3Q.01.MAIN._SCRMZZZZZZ_.jpg)

ToWuKNb.jpg

Magazine is out on the 3th so I guess, tomorrow is when the page will get updated:
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/kawaisou/

God I hope we don't get stuck with shitty TBS quality trailers. Edit: I know I forgot something, starts in April if that wasn't obvious.

Narag

To expand on this, apparently they've confirmed that they're telling a non-route specific story with this F/SN, and will be a new continuity not told in the original game. There are also reworked designs, including more modern casual wear for Shiro and Rin. Half the scripts are already completed and most of those are storyboarded. They started voice recording last Fall, and have already completed several episodes.

Promisukg

sonicmj1

Ao no Exorcist: The Official Movie of the Show

Even with all the good things I had heard, that was a lot better than I had really expected.

Despite knowing little-to-nothing about the show itself, the movie is easy enough to follow. Rin is your classic shonen protagonist: the product of a mysterious birth giving him mysterious powers, prone to goofing off, with a superhero's sense of justice. His younger brother is straight-laced and responsible, and he's got a cast of buddies. But they're less important than the child-like demon he finds after a mission gone wrong. Saddled with the responsibility of taking care of it until it can be properly disposed of, they quickly become friends. However, there was a reason the demon had been kept sealed...

ibeu8RtnjyxsdB.jpg

I'm gonna include some screens of sexy backgrounds showing the diverse vibe of the city of True Cross.

The movie majorly succeeds in two areas. The first, and most obvious, is the visual design. True Cross is a marvelous setting, a slapdash hodgepodge of influences from all over the world. Hong Kong neon excess sits alongside flying buttresses and modern-era American skyscrapers, near ruins of Greek columns and old Japanese graves. Throw in a distinctly Eastern festival celebration on top of it, and you'd think it'd seem a busy, incoherent mess. Somehow, it all makes sense. The city feels timeless, and full of personality. When it's put at stake in the film's endgame, you don't want to lose it.

The second success is the emotional core of the story, the relationship between Rin and the demon who comes to be known as Usamaro. The fast bond between the two seems natural, bolstered by a few touching montages over a nice piano theme. Perhaps it's an obvious way of driving the point home, but I had no problem attaching myself to Usamaro's childlike innocence, which is essential for the theme of the movie to actually work in the end. You believe that they both want each other to be happy.

And that's all you really need to have a good story. There are some strong action moments (I particularly liked the animation on the Phantom Train demon as it tried to flee), and a big goofy cast of people I didn't have strong feelings towards, but the main players grabbed me, so I cared how things turned out. It's no Wolf Children, but it's better than any other anime film I saw that reached home video in 2013.

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax news! Playable Ro-kyu-bu character (Tomoka), plus Kaga Koko from Golden Time and Kino from Kino's Journey as support characters. Plus some other characters I don't know!

Dammit. First Hisoka gets the support treatment in J-Stars now Kino gets it over Tomoka?!?

It is truly a magical experience with the best ending.

Oh you.

Hunter x Hunter 27

I have to admit, my interest in this is starting to stall. This arc doesn't seem all that promising either, when does it start to get really good again?

In about two episodes or so. You're about to be introduced to one of the most creative and interesting superpower system in a Shounen world I've ever seen.

DokiDoki! Precure - 48-49 [END]
s5lskyb.png

I was going to make a lengthy post about my thoughts regarding this show, but I'm too upset to fucking care.

Heartcatch>Smile>DokiDoki>Fresh>Suite>Futari wa>Max Heart

Have yet to see Splash Star and the other remaining ones. Now to drown myself in ice cream to perk me up.

Based MakoPi putting up with so much shit only to have the love of her life fade before her for a second time... god fucking dammit.
Makopi at least got a farewell message, that message make no sense and is explained by the power of magic but that's better than nothing ..she can cry and live on, instead of crying being undecided whose part of the princess heart to follow.

Guy should've traded his life to bring Ange back somehow, useless bastard.
No it's worse than that , now she can bring ai , to be the state she wants by making her grow to be the woman she wants , it's princess maker !
Joe gonna have a though work ahead of him , with glorious rewards!!
( Anyone who has played princess maker know this ! )

LOL you two.

============================

Go Go! 575 - 01

GoGo575-1-1.gif

This soothes my heart.
?? yuri ??
Added to backlog*

To expand on this, apparently they've confirmed that they're telling a non-route specific story with this F/SN, and will be a new continuity not told in the original game. There are also reworked designs, including more modern casual wear for Shiro and Rin. Half the scripts are already completed and most of those are storyboarded. They started voice recording last Fall, and have already completed several episodes.
i smell so many retcons.

Just kill off Saber in the first three episodes and I'll watch the rest.
Would be a nice twist for trolling , but they will find a way to make her back by the end of the cour

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/2...m_campaign=Feed:+siliconera/MkOc+(Siliconera)

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax news! Playable Ro-kyu-bu character (Tomoka), plus Kaga Koko from Golden Time and Kino from Kino's Journey as support characters. Plus some other characters I don't know!

Damn missed opportunity ! Imagine all the skills kaga would have , slapping opponents in the face with a rose bouquet.

These days, I'm surprised when Kana Hanazawa ISN'T in a show.
There was a time when i could say the same about THE RIE.

Well, F/SN is a game! #seewhatididthere
several people told me that Vn aren't games in the gaming division , who should i trust ?

cajunator

Banned
Makopi at least got a farewell message, that message make no sense and is explained by the power of magic but that's better than nothing ..she can cry and live on, instead of crying being undecided whose part of the princess heart to follow.

No it's worse than that , now she can bring ai , to be the state she wants by making her grow to be the woman she wants , it's princess maker !

?? yuri ??
Added to backlog*

i smell so many retcons.

Would be a nice twist for trolling , but they will find a way to make her back by the end of the cour

Damn missed opportunity ! Imagine all the skills kaga would have , slapping opponents in the face with a rose bouquet.

There was a time when i could say the same about THE RIE.

several people told me that Vn aren't games in the gaming division , who should i trust ?

Gaming side has proven many times that they really dont know shit.

So my school's anime club had an anime sampler last night so I saw five different first episodes

Michiko and Hatchin 1
Well the first episode had me hate everybody but Hana and maybe the escapee mom. The family and everyone there was so corrupt. It juxtaposes with Hana very well. I guess this takes place in somewhere like Mexico with all these Latin first names. I would definitely like to see more of this

DN Angel 1
This show was pretty damn bad, it was funny. the main character is supposed to be clumsy but he can apparently do cartwheels when falling. He got shot down before he had the chance because the girl he liked liked tall guys. Then, pushing buttons equals hacking, Then, his family supporting theft. The little animal can transform into wings. And it ends with him saying that he's not a suspicious person when he came up behind a girl and covers her mouth before kissing her.

Eden of the East 1
This show is quite interesting. The interactions between the two were quite entertaining and this saviors thing looks to be very interesting. That ending shot of Japan in flames is quite the tone shift.

Boogiepop Phantom 1
This made very little sense to me and reminded me a lot of Serial Experiments Lain. A lot of this made little sense. Sort of interesting but I can't really follow the plot too well on this.

Planetes 1
Cute sort of slice of life space story. The characters seem interesting and looks to touch at least a bit on political stuff and morals. I'll probably watch on my own if it doesn't get chosen

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Because kiniro Mosaic is soulfood anime and for cute connoisseurs like me.

It came at a time when we needed it the most. Truly the savior of anime.

I feel like I got Yami'ed. ;_;

Busting your ass to save your love is pointless!!!

fertygo

Diebuster - 01 (rewatch)

Back then when GAINAX making good anime.. Dat Dix-neuf.

I always impressed by eps 1 of Diebuster, its pretty spectacular opening episode.. pretty explosive with dem sakuga (I don't remember this many of CGI though, yuck)
and make you like nono instantly. But unfortunately back then I think the rest of episode wasn't this good, let see if this rewatch change that opinion.

Jarmel

Banned
One thing I'm worried about for FSN is the director. He directed what is largely viewed as the worst KNK movie, part of that is the source but there are also some issues with the movie itself.

Witch Craft Works 4
The Workshop witches are ridiculously overpowered. The giant bear and bunny fight was kind of funny and reminds me of this week's Tonari no Seki-kun

fertygo

Diebuster - 3 (rewatch)

pUJ5yYc.jpg

Nightmare fuel

Dayum, nono throwing ether left and right..

Pretty good episode, now I can appreciate the drama.. its felt so sudden at first, but they manage to flesh it quick and impactful.
One thing I'm worried about for FSN is the director. He directed what is largely viewed as the worst KNK movie, part of that is the source but there are also some issues with the movie itself.

Movie 6?

Hell no, I'm not that big for that episode but that have perfectly fine structure.. Movie 1 is easily worse and that one directed by Ei Aoki. And I don't think fan regard it as worst episode at all, many just indifferent to it because its hold little significance to the plot and look like "filler" but the movie itself is technically sound.

Beside that though.. as F/Z shown, many of more their talented staff have equal role and got spread in various eps, i think choosing their internal crew as "head director" just indicating they're confident enough to continuing that for another TV anime production and expanding the internal team work even further.

Gbraga

Wow those Ao no Exorcist screencaps are beautiful! I'll probably move the series up some positions on my backlog just so I get to the movie sooner.

Desert Punk Dub 9

Another two parter with Junko, guess it makes sense for her episodes to be two parters because her cans are too big to fit into only one episode. Guardian seems like a cool threat hopefully next episode is a big battle.

fertygo

Diebuster - 4(rewatch)

Meh.. I don't like this episode, this is the one that the hyped one isn't it?
The pacing is weird, sloppy screenplay.. no intensity, everything just feel so flat in the supposed tense moment. really disappointing. Its like they try to pull "beast" episode from Eva and fail miserably.

This is the first time I came out more negative to the episode in this rewatch.

Midonin

Tokyo Ravens 16

I agree with Kon, there wasn't much for our main cast this week. Not a lot of Harutora or Natsume or Suzuka or Kyoko or... Though the world outside the main cast continues to have plenty of its own interesting ideals. I am curious what exactly the purpose of the Twin Horn Syndicate was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom