• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I imagine you wouldn't be able to get event tickets from buying doujins.
Yeah, but I can see wanting to meet fake idols... who wants to meet fake high school boys??

---

P5OapyXl.png

I hate anime sometimes. :(

Mature

Almost everyone in Inferno is dead and Ein and Zwei have escaped to the steppes of Mongolia where they plan to live a peaceful existence with each other. The VERY FINAL SCENE shows them standing apart in a field of flowers at sunset, both contemplating about how, while neither of them remember their past, that at least they have each other.

Suddenly, the camera pans back to show a horse-drawn cart trundling slowly along on a path along the field. Zwei is standing just in front of the road, and when the cart moves into position between the camera and Zwei, there's suddenly a "silencer" sound effect. The cart moves on, and Zwei stands there, silently for a few seconds, until he finally crumples over. Ein, a bit deeper into the field of flowers, turns around to see Zwei dead and smiles faintly.

There's a cut to the sunset while the credits roll, and then finally, at the final moment, it cuts back to Ein, who is now lying dead among the flowers with a peaceful expression on her face. THE END

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhsdjfdsfnsfjsfkgjf
Urobuchi must have been so pleased with himself. Honestly, the only enjoyment I got out of that series was when Zwei went
full coke head, womanizing, murderer.
It was so stupid and hammy that it provided a great laugh.

cajunator

Banned

cnet128

Banned
Hunter x Hunter 114

These battles are pretty intense (Yupi in particular is an absolute monster) but I'm aching to see the Gon side of things progress. The wait of a week between episodes is getting a little painful >____<

CorvoSol

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid 12

God DAMN. This episode, man. This. Episode. All the crazy awesome mecha battles are saved for next episode but this episode is still no slouch! We see Tessa give an anguished declaration of love that halfway through turns into a badass inspirational speech about believing in Sousuke and how Mardukas needs to get his panties out of a twist and start following her orders. We have a brief moment of pity for empty-killing-machine Yui Fan, and we see Mr. Hunter freak out.

But most of all
this episode is Gauron's. The guy is only in a single episode of The Second Raid, and he has no arms and no legs at this point. In spite of that, he is far and away as lethal as he has ever been. It turns out that every single event in the show has been conspiring according to his design. That it's all part of his meticulous plan to kill Kaname, break Sousuke, and then die together with Sousuke. It's twisted, vicious, and insane, and so very, very much Gauron. The entire scene is peppered with his usual flair for confusing affection and violence. When Gauron is seeking to insult Sousuke he is actually citing his best qualities, and when he praises him, he's delivering the worst of his blows. Worst of all is that Gauron is the first and only person to really praise Sousuke in the show. After episodes and episodes of grueling review of the kind of person Sousuke is or could be, Gauron praises him, and it comes out truly sick. The look on Sousuke's face when Gauron tells him Kaname is dead is positively terrifying, and the fact that Gauron very nearly succeeded because of Mythril's sheer incompetence makes it that much scarier. Leonard and ultimately
Kalinin and Sophia
will become the final villains of the series, but Gauron makes sure he goes out in frickin' style.

cajunator

Banned
Black Lagoon - 01

Revy is awesome, OP is cool, really think I'm gonna like this.

Is it the dub cause if so I hope you can handle the F word XD

Fall 2013 Preliminary First Volume Sales

Bolded are new additions.

Gundam Build Fighters DVD did not rank. BD has yet to release.

New sales numbers for IS2, Arpeggio, NNB, KLK, KNK, and Nagi have been added.

Source and more info via Something, whom I'm presuming is the same one from Mania.

And out this week.

NNB sales are great! Truly the savior of anime.

Taruranto

Hamtaro #4

Another character with a shitty name.

Did Audrey and Sharketeeth ever appear together in the same scene while someone else was in the room? I'm calling split personality right now.

Hunter x Hunter 114

These battles are pretty intense (Yupi in particular is an absolute monster) but I'm aching to see the Gon side of things progress. The wait of a week between episodes is getting a little painful >____<

I hate when the first minute is just remembering the end of the previous episode.

They are short already, stop stealing more seconds!

Urobuchi apparently wanted to end it before the final twist. lol

[snip]

As it should have. Lol.

Well I'll just let my imagination fill that empty hole in my heart after the movie and move on until a sequel of some sort is made.

Almost everyone in Inferno is dead and Ein and Zwei have escaped to the steppes of Mongolia where they plan to live a peaceful existence with each other. The VERY FINAL SCENE shows them standing apart in a field of flowers at sunset, both contemplating about how, while neither of them remember their past, that at least they have each other.

Suddenly, the camera pans back to show a horse-drawn cart trundling slowly along on a path along the field. Zwei is standing just in front of the road, and when the cart moves into position between the camera and Zwei, there's suddenly a "silencer" sound effect. The cart moves on, and Zwei stands there, silently for a few seconds, until he finally crumples over. Ein, a bit deeper into the field of flowers, turns around to see Zwei dead and smiles faintly.

There's a cut to the sunset while the credits roll, and then finally, at the final moment, it cuts back to Ein, who is now lying dead among the flowers with a peaceful expression on her face. THE END

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhsdjfdsfnsfjsfkgjf

That is the most hilariously trolling ending I've ever read

Wait that sounds like a good thing.

That comparison is the only thing that soothes the pain I have for that ending! Where's the fanart of
Homura in a Zero costume with a Geass sigil in her eye? Well there is that one image...

I love crossovers.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
How dare he mock Slime-tan slimes?

Doesn't he know that slimes have the best monster girls are one of the most iconic monsters in video games?

Shame on him

Pffft they're the best cannon fodder.

cajunator

Banned
As it should have. Lol.

Well I'll just let my imagination fill that empty hole in my heart after the movie and move on until a sequel of some sort is made.

That is the most hilariously trolling ending I've ever read

That comparison is the only thing that soothes the pain I have for that ending! Where's the fanart of
Homura in a Zero costume with a Geass sigil in her eye? Well there is that one image...

I love crossovers.

I would love to see more art like that!
Which image are you referring to?

It is! I haven't given my in-depth thoughts on the movie just yet but I think this was exactly the right direction to move in and I'm glad Urobuchi got "overruled", although even calling it that is hyperbole.

Im really excited to see the third movie. Havent seen any of the Madoka movie stuff yet.

I would love to see more art like that!
Which image are you referring to?

This one.

EDIT: since the damn image link won't work: http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1278986?tags=mahou_shoujo_madoka_magica+code_geass (Picture is safe, but the site has NSFW stuff outside that. Just a warning)

Perchance have you ever watched Blood-C?

No. I probably won't now seeing as you're implying that the ending is a massive troll to the viewer.

Maybe I'll pick it up after Full Metal Panic. Maybe.

cajunator

Banned

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I feel like I got Yami'ed. ;_;

Busting your ass to save your love is pointless!!!

Love's greatest miracle is only possible for the best pairings.

No. I probably won't now seeing as you're implying that the ending is a massive troll to the viewer.

Maybe I'll pick it up after Full Metal Panic. Maybe.

No one can grasp the true form of Blood-C's trolling before actually experiencing it, so don't worry about already being spoiled. Trust me; I went in knowing it had a reputation as a "troll show" and it still melted my mind.

jbug617

Banned
Doesn't look like the first volume contains the coveted event tickets so probably not.

Color me surprised if it does though.

The only thing special announced for Kuroko no Basket DVD/Bluray so far comes in the 6th volume and it's an OVA.

The OVA is based on how Kuroko and Aomine met
(Aomine was the first to find Kuroko in middle school).

That volume will also have a limited copy of bonus CD with an audio drama starring Momoi.

cnet128

Banned
Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! 28

A wild cute catgirl osananajimi princess self-proclaimed fiancée appears! And suddenly I realise I'm watching a harem show. Nozomi, Milk, or the Crepe Princess...which girl will our intrepid protagonist Coco choose?! Find out in episode 45 of the first series, where he already made his choice, but the harem refuses to let him go. Yep, sounds pretty true to the genre.

Also, that new quirky plainface villain duo is back, but they're attacking with a Hoshiina like ordinary villains this time, so that's no fun. I still find them entertaining though.

Nordicus

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood 31-37

I'm glad we don't have to beat around the bush anymore and Edward was allowed to straight up tell Winry that she's been an unwitting hostage for some time now.

I suppose it's good that she's now trying to make herself useful and not crumble under pressure and guilt, but god damn it girl, did you not get suspicious when Ed called you on the phone out of the blue, asking if you're alright??? And now you ate up this chaotic sociopath Kimblee's story and he's basically holding a knife in your throat!

Quasar

Those sales numbers are really quite sad. With Non non being about the only bright spot.

Makes me wonder how terribly Eccentric Family has sold. Quite I imagine given what else sells badly.

Wake up, Girls 1
It's sort of cute but the character design as good as idolm@ster, AKB0048 or even Love Live. I'm guessing its going to try to have a more serious theme to differentiate itself.

Someone just told me that Ichirou Nagai is dead , can anyone confirm ? ( currently moving, far away from home, with very bad internet and gaf is the steadiest website i can acess )

The only thing special announced for Kuroko no Basket DVD/Bluray so far comes in the 6th volume and it's an OVA.

The OVA is based on how Kuroko and Aomine met
(Aomine was the first to find Kuroko in middle school).

That volume will also have a limited copy of bonus CD with an audio drama starring Momoi.

Oh come on, now theyre thrusting momoi into our bonuses even too?!

Unfortunately so.

Now that's a real tragedy! =p

(RIP Nagai Ichiro)

I think it went down like five times today for me.

And unfortunately, yes it's true that he's gone. A real tragic loss :(

RIP.

Damn
This news sucks. i hope they at least finished the hxh fight , he would go on a great note i think.

Well i must explain , i'm currently behind the french education main firewall , and many ( and i mean many ) websites are filtered and restricted making that navigating properly on the internet is a bit problematic . that's why GAF is the steadiest website i can acess , because it's not filtered by the proxy/firewall and so on.

Mature

Someone just told me that Ichirou Nagai is dead , can anyone confirm ? ( currently moving, far away from home, with very bad internet and gaf is the steadiest website i can acess )
Yeah. I actually didn't know until today that he was the voice of Jirokichi Suzuki in Detective Conan who's been around since episode 356. And this isn't 10 days after the death of Seizo Kato who played Kiyonaga Matsumoto since episode 18.

Such a sadness, as both characters were really brought to life by their actor's performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom