• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

or 365 episodes of Inferno Cop

I'm okay with this.

With a school setting, you're limited to that setting, but you're also limited by the nature of school itself. Schools imply repetition, cycles, discipline. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it requires a very different kind of writing from a typical hero's journey story. You have to know how to use that structure of repetition, how to create new meaning and change in the plot but especially the characters through that repetition. Otherwise you end up with formulaic and flat, boring series like Star Driver.

Well, that's the nature of delinquent leads - subvert structure, incite change, break the cycle. KLK isn't about setting up rituals out of repetition, the setup from the start was to break it. But then it never did.

The less of Inferno Cop the better.

UCDXepc.gif

CorvoSol

Admiral Woofington if/when you get around to reading Full Metal Panic! Sigma, you may also skip all of volume 14. Technically chapters 58 and 59 "Intervals Sad, Range Far parts 1 and 2" are things that were never adapted, so if you feel like reading them when you get to Vol. 14, go for it, but the rest of volume 14 is just episodes from the anime that hadn't yet been adapted into the manga.

BluWacky

Remember Lesbian Bear Storm, Ikuni's upcoming show?

I think we might be getting more news quite soon. The Penguinbear website has updated today with a shot that looks like it's come from a magazine cover showing the katakana for "yuri" and a girl wearing paws on her feet.

Clutching at straws? Maybe. But it could be a positive sign!

(the jury's still out on whether I think Lesbian Bear Storm sounds interesting or not based on the news from the trailer showing last year, but it's Ikuni, it must be worth a shot)

cnet128

Banned
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei 4

Yeah okay those two are definitely not normal humans. I was thinking some kind of supernatural beings (I recall someone in this thread mentioned werewolves before, and considering all the dog references in this episode that's still something of a possibility), but now I'm starting to think the evidence points towards them being
from some kind of ninja clan

That aside, great episode as always. I'm glad the whole injury revelation just led to a whole lot of Kobeni being lightheaded and therefore if anything more adorable than usual. No excessive melodrama to be found in THIS show!

cajunator

Banned

I think we might be getting more news quite soon. The Penguinbear website has updated today with a shot that looks like it's come from a magazine cover showing the katakana for "yuri" and a girl wearing paws on her feet.

(the jury's still out on whether I think Lesbian Bear Storm sounds interesting or not based on the news from the trailer showing last year, but it's Ikuni, it must be worth a shot)

Thats only the greatest name ever so I hope this project is a success.

Soma

I really hope that's the actual title.

cnet128

Banned

As if "Lesbian Bear Storm" didn't already sound like the most amazing thing just from the name, that image appears to contain considerable amounts of cute, making me feel even more hopeful about this project.

Inbefore it's a pachislot machine or something.

Articalys

That the official French streaming site for Chuu2 have mentioned that the delay is being imposed from the Japanese side due to earlier early leaks of the show from other services reminded me that I meant to respond to this.
Huh, so they did. Looks like they just revealed it this morning too. And Madman is just attributing the delay to "circumstances beyond our control". (links via ultimatemegax)
I wonder if the cause was the episode 1 leak from the Chinese streaming site, and if so why it took them so long to slap on more delays.

Gazoinks

L-Lesbian Bear Storm. Best title ever?

I'm so ready to find out more about this (and hopefully we get to see it relatively soon). In Ikuhara I trust.

Taruranto

I'm surprised this still a thing, I completely forgot.

Vito

Banned

https://twitter.com/ikuni_noise/status/428499306916491265 Seem related to the new issue of Comic Birz, definitely not the cover http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/s/?@0_mall/book/cabinet/0344/4910136270344.jpg :p From what I can tell with google translated it's from the next issue announcement part. Doesn't seem like the official page has been updated though http://www.gentosha-comics.net/birz/ unless I mixed something up.

cnet128

Banned
Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! 30

Kurumi focus episode? Can't be bad. She had a little fight with Nozomi here, but of course by the end of the episode she reaffirmed her love for all the Cures when she went to aid them in their hour of need.

Well, I say "need". To be honest I think the Cures could have handled that Hoshiina just fine on their own, so there was really no need to do anything. But I suppose that was the point really - Kurumi could have chosen to do nothing, but she chose to go and help her friends because that's what real friends do. Awwwww, how sweet.

I do think everyone is getting a little tired of Mushroom Crone's storybook tricks at this point, though. We've got two newer villains now who are more interesting than her, so isn't it about time somebody dealt the old hag a finisher to the face and got her out of the picture permanently? I mean, after those hideous bunny costumes she forced Nozomi and Urara into in this episode, death would really be letting her off lightly.

Oh, and one more thing we got this episode: a NEW ENDING THEME! ...Er, assuming we can call it "new" when it's the same one they used for the second half of the last series. And the series before that. But hey, you aren't going to hear me complaining about more Ganbalance de Dance! I can't say I'm impressed by the animation this time round (looks like they learned from their mistake with the previous Ganbalance ED, when the animation was completely missing for a few episodes - this time they just half-assed the whole thing to get it done in time, I guess? ~.~) but the actual song arrangement sounds pretty decent,

wonzo

Banned

About damn time. I can't even remember how long ago it was when this was originally "announced".

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
It's the season of purchases ... ( for me anyway ) .

Something good to add in my collection

season 2 is next actually no , since the disc is region locked.

Ooooh man. :(

Should have been a full series of Little Witch Academia.

God yes.

Description for this show will be "This is what happens when you put Cajun and SDBurton in a room with a pen and paper." :lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It would be interesting to hear other theoretical concepts that are the result of pairing up two animeGAFers.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
A week and half of constant headaches now starting to disappear I can get back into watching things like anime instead of constantly holding my head.
Log Horizon episode 17
I really liked this episode, the shipping is great, the princess is adorable, and they're making moves, in pretty enthralled with this plot honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom