• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
God dammit every single time I have a full day people post stuff about Fate Zero. Following this trend the next time I come back at like 5-6, somebody will post a link "watch a preview of the first two episodes, only until 5 pm central"

wonzo

Banned
I'll take credit for willing this into existence with my recent conversation. So are they starting at chapter 108?
They'll probably have the first 10 volumes up at launch as they were already translated and it shouldn't be that big of a licensing deal to reuse them. It'll probably take them a while to catch up with the rest though. :(

Ooooh man. :(

What annoy me is that the artbook is cool and the stuff is great nad package is fine

AND THE Disk do run on ps3/PS4.

Usually when a disck is locked , when you press X on ps3/PS4 , you get a message " the content is unavailable ..." and so on.
BUt no , the disk runs !
The blu-ray playback starts and all.
And then after it's loaded ... i get a message telling me that it's locked because i'm not in the right region.

This ruin my expectations, i got the natsume blu-rays and they work fine .. and i plenty of others i was almost ready to buy the second season ... now i've got to check if this is a new policy or something

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
WitchCraft Works 4

mHviKrA.gif

A new challenger appears! In the form of...little sister...

Maken-Ki! Two 3

Thank you blessed anime for making my day.

Nurse cat remains the best of all. How Gen managed to hold off mating with her is beyond me.

Added to watch list.

Saint Seiya Omega Episode 88

Alright episode, or actually pretty stunning episode for Subaru
and whatever dark power hes harbouring enough to frighten Hyperion
. Much of the episode did feel a bit dry and such not picking up until the end.

Also Poor Hyperion :(
tumblr_n04d7so64j1sodr1ro1_250.png

Necrovex

In Real-Pic thread, and One Piece was mentioned. Now I must ask if I should either read or watch the Impel Down arc? I want to finally start my way through One Piece again.

Nothing like watching Pupa at three in the morning while sleep deprived. Guess Il check the manga

There really is nothing like watching Pupa. Because the show ends so quickly after it starts you're literally watching nothing.

I am agitated that animate canceled my BLast of Tempest poster set cause it was sold out :( I wanted more Mahiro goodness.

Waiting on this set because it might do like BLue Exorcist and get a BD release someday I hope.

For a second there I thought a new season of the show had been confirmed and I got pretty excited. But then the truth came out.

QyLbgii.gif

wonzo

Banned
Magi S2 2-3

Ep 2 had some really fucking good cuts of animation and was incredibly well handled from start to finish, especially
Dunya's death. ;___________________________;

ep 3 though was just about the funniest shit ever
deadbernice.png

In Real-Pic thread, and One Piece was mentioned. Now I must ask if I should either read or watch the Impel Down arc? I want to finally start my way through One Piece again.
The anime's trash so it'd be best to just stick with the original material.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 16

We all knew
this security dude was a snake in the grass, it was so blatantly foreshadowed it's not even a surprising twist.

KILL la KILL 15

...okay, now that's a lewd fucking attack...
literally!

At long last:
Nudist Beach, ladies at gents! In all their glory!

Some absolutely gorgeous fight sequences here.

Wait so...
is Mako x Ira actually becoming a real thing?! DO IT TRIGGER OTP OTP OTP xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Pupa 3

oh god this sound design...brb, vomiting, and not from this shitty show, mind you

Pupipo! 6

how can Po-chan be this fucking cute?!

Space☆Dandy 4

Dandy of the Dead! Easily the best episode yet.

Sakura Trick 3

2KAWAII4ME

i don't know how many times i spat my drink out at the visual gags. My monitor is stained with beer.

HNNNNGGGGGGG it's too much!

Golden Time 15

i can't

fun episode, good the
the ghost get his comeuppance

Mushi-shi 10

That's tough think to watch: putting your heart and soul into something in a last ditch effort to continue your father's legacy, only to have it wreak havoc. Not to worry, though, Dr. Who Ginko's on the case!

CorvoSol

There's a manga for it?! Well, now I have a greater dilemma, read/watch One Piece or Full Metal Panic, which would require a rewatch since I forgot so much of it.

Well, I don't know what to tell you on that, since I've never experienced One Piece, but the FMP manga is definitely worth it to me.

Midonin

Lemon Angel Project 05-06

uxLtQ7Vl.jpg

Erika cannot be fazed. When it doesn't involve trying to treat her badly for being a foreigner, she sees a frog in the locker as a chance to make a new friend. Glad to see the bullying issue dealt with. Fuyumi's got a lot of heart to continue being friends with Haruka after Haruka went as low as you could go without getting someone seriously hurt - perhaps the accusations she was giving to Erika in the previous episode was a whole lot of projection going on.

As for episode 6, Miru's one of the more stoic Kadowaki roles I've seen - the only other one I can think of is Sanya. Looks like she was acting in this role at the same time as Illya, too. That she aspires to be like the lead vocalist of the first Lemon Angel group, not knowing that Tomo was the model for her, is a fine dramatic element, though I wonder if she'll ever find out. The audition wasn't a huge surprise, as the final lineup's been spoiled since the first episode. The show's 2017 technology is a little off, though. Touch screens are in, and our phones are much less weird shaped.

Spending half the show establishing the group may be a bit much, but it still has seven episodes to do other idol things.

And my backlog keeps getting even bigger.

Quasar

Maken-Ki! Two 3

Thank you blessed anime for making my day.

So goddamn jealous over muscle guy for living the dream.

Nurse cat remains the best of all NSFWx3. How Gen managed to hold off mating with her is beyond me.

Pretty amazed by this episode. They should pack up now as its hard to better it.

Inari #3 - Yay. Uka/Touka stuff. I am pleased.

Inari, konkon koi iroha - 03

New characters, new faces , great setting and some explications on the things going on.

I can cleary see the steps of a relationship between the brother and uka , meanwhile the drama can finally start full time as this cliffanger will probably set things up for plenty of future events.

CorvoSol

Meanwhile in my world:

sQ36xEg.gif

I don't know what that means, but I am glad you could be here with me on this special occasion, Narag.

So now that I have finished the best fucking ever my favorite anime series in pog form I am left wondering what to watch. I have chosen to start shows completely at random and at entirely random points in their run. This is in no way me resuming a show or purposefully selecting points to begin watching shows at. I assure you this is totally random, and definitely all new.

I have decided to start the following series at the following points:

Getter Robo 36
Mobile Suit Gundam 35
Sorcerous Stabber Orphen 9
Hyouka 9
Kenya Boy
Project A-Ko 3
Persona 4 The Animated Series 3
Gundam Build Fighters 16
Kill la Kill 16
Samurai Flamenco 6
Space Dandy 4
and Nobunaga the Fool 4

Necrovex

I'm sorry guys. I know One Piece manga is the ideal way to experience the property. But watching the anime for so long and watching bits of it on a yearly basis has tainted my One Piece reading experience. This means I better grab a filler list and start watching One Piece again. I'm just happy that I don't have to watch the Thriller Bark arc. Time to see how I like animated mermaids!

It is, however, worth noting that in the 2007 NeoGAF best anime ever list, the top three entries are all anime originals (Bebop, FLCL (OVA but point still stands), Evangelion).

The risks are greater with anime original shows, but the rewards are frequently substantial. Without anime originals, even leaving aside the above we wouldn't have had Utena and Escaflowne. The 2011 anime ranking on this very forum rated Madoka at number 1 with Penguin Drum at number 3. Hell, even though this year's cult pick Yamato 2199 is a remake, it's a remake of an anime original series!

To be frank, while I don't think there have been that many well written original anime recently, it's not as if we've been swimming in what I'd consider to be well written adaptations either. Even From The New World, my most recent favourite show, suffers from adaptation decay (although admittedly most of its flaws are technical rather than in the script).

Fine. Everything sucks then.

CorvoSol

Obviously this means you should drop all that shit but this:
Code:
Gundam Build Fighters 16

and instead watch this:

as it's directed by the guy that brought you:

and this:

and the first three eps of this:

!!!!

Yeah but I have to finish Getter before I can appreciate Getter Armageddon. I know I don't HAVE to, but you know I HAVE to.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Otorimonogatari - 03

N-Nadeko?! I was not expecting that real talk rant at all, but holy shit did that jump her up in the rankings. I want #realtalk Nadeko for the remainder of this series please.

Tokyo Ravens - 16

After every episode of this show, I end up thoroughly confused as to what the hell the overarching plot is...

I thought the current goal is to get the coat which was potentially taken, second if for bakatora to become a exorcist (onmyou(sp?)). And then the other is the stuff with the factions?

Was planning to read the novels once the series is over.

CorvoSol

I thought FMP Sigma not touching the LN further part?

The Manga covers the entire plot of Full Metal Panic! Sigma covers from just after the conclusion of the Submarine Hijacking all the way to MAJOR SPOILERS MAJOR SPOILERS
Sousuke and Kaname's first kiss, which is, by the way, the last scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom