• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHat the heck maken-ki!

You never saw me comment on yozakura quartet panty shots , heck usually panthyshots Don't bother me like, at all.

But damn

11m30s , and i've seen too much ...
The camera angles , the way the girl dress themselves !! It's ....

It's ...So much ...Argh
fizgcfibzb cvalizvcavc iabociezabiabbeza

Minna Atsumare! Falcom Gakuen 04

QlqKcl8l.jpg

So yeah, what are you gonna do about it?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Otorimonogatari - 04

Nadeko with
her hit list, goddamn! Her phone chat with Senjougahara was so awesome.

WHat the heck maken-ki!

You never saw me comment on yozakura quartet panty shots , heck usually panthyshots Don't bother me like, at all.

But damn

11m30s , and i've seen too much ...
The camera angles , the way the girl dress themselves !! It's ....

It's ...So much ...Argh
fizgcfibzb cvalizvcavc iabociezabiabbeza

LOL are you just starting the series or are you on season 2. If it's the former I think I have a pretty good idea of what scene you're talking about.

Quasar

WHat the heck maken-ki!

Its weird. I've skimmed an issue or two of the manga and it seems rather different, especially compared to S2. I actually thought with the kind of serious OP for S2 it would be going to be more like the manga in its more 'serious' plotlines, rather that its pure sitcom stuff.

Maken-ki! - 01

Sorry about before, i needed a reason for explaining what i think about this episode

You have two possible reactions to this episode , you either "facepalm" or you do this :

This "anime" ( is it an anime ? i'm not sure ) PSR so high that's regular animes are left in the dust , even "risqué anime like to love-ru can't compete .i'm watching a LOT of shows , even the VN adaptations and i haven't seen something nearly close to this number .
For those wondering PSR = PanthyShotRate aka how many panthyshots by minute are showed.
In all the years i've seen anime , no anime registered a number that high
I've seen hentai animes with a worse number, this is just ...just ...just . argh
Maken-ki! on appearance , if you judge it by his plot is fairly simple . the setting is a magical school that was all girls until now , It's now co-ed and our protagonist enrolls ( without knowing about the magic itself ), get mixed in unfortunate events and build a harem so fast that i'm not sure if the 3 piece room he lives in will be enough and that's just the first episode.

Just in the first episode , we have the childhood friend , the fiance , the tsundere , the tomboy , the fate rival, the happy-go-lucky headmaster... and seriously ? i had to move in fast forward during the second part.

I have no problem with pandering anime , i have no problem with generic setting/plots i honnestly think i have a very high tolerance for this sh*t.
But maken-ki is pushing thing a bit too far 'ill try to continue , and i hope things will change ...

One thing for sure , if i watch this , my PSR calculator is gonna break.

Quasar

Maken-ki! - 01

But maken-ki is pushing thing a bit too far 'ill try to continue , and i hope things will change ...

One thing for sure , if i watch this , my PSR calculator is gonna break.

I'm so desensitised I can't remember. It probably ramps up. Or the breast shots ramp up. It is the most breasty show I've seen.

You'll hate me for saying this, but Satsuki really only has 2 good henchmen: Gamagoori and Monkey. Nonon is voiced by Cindy from Arjuna so she's awful by default, but Dog is held back by the fact that his latest armor is CG.

Sanageyama is awesome for MEN DO KOTE. Gamagoori I like, but I'm unamused that his moveset is basically just Harden and Bide. Inumuta is a personal favourite, though it is disappointing that his newest armor is basically just one giant polygon. Nonon I just find adorably bratty. I'd have to watch Arjuna to hate her. So I won't be visiting the mountain, tempting as it may be.

Its about how awesome Mako and Nonon are.

FTFY. The less Nui I see, the better. Haven't hated such a kid in an anime that much since Q-Vier.

CorvoSol

Sanageyama is awesome for MEN DO KOTE. Gamagoori I like, but I'm unamused that his moveset is basically just Harden and Bide. Inumuta is a personal favourite, though it is disappointing that his newest armor is basically just one giant polygon. Nonon I just find adorably bratty. I'd have to watch Arjuna to hate her. So I won't be visiting the mountain, tempting as it may be.

FTFY. The less Nui I see, the better. Haven't hated such a kid in an anime that much since Q-Vier.

OH FUCK THIS CHARACTER. Desil was bad enough in Gundam AGE. Did DTL's wet dream have to leak through the sheets into Valvrave, too?

survivor

Banned
Evangelion 18
Uh well that was something. I really thought with all
the death flags from the previous episode and this one the fourth child was a goner. I mean they did find him alive at the end, but I really don't think he is gonna come out normal after what happened. I actually find it interesting how the moment he got into the Eva we never saw anything from his perspective. But yeah another well done fight and more broken Shinji next episode.

OH FUCK THIS CHARACTER. Desil was bad enough in Gundam AGE. Did DTL's wet dream have to leak through the sheets into Valvrave, too?

The tipping point of the hate I had for this character was
when he killed Yamada. That guy was basically the closest thing this show had to a Super Robot show protagonist, the jerk that he was. Why oh why couldn't he have brought Q-vier down with him? Whatever. At least justice was served in the end.

Armageddon is a fucking mess. I doubt it matters much.

I heard it was amazing?

I actually watched Getter Robo Armageddon a couple weeks ago, but I didn't bother to post my impressions here because I literally had nothing to say about it. I watched it with having little to no knowledge of the franchise because it takes place after an audio drama and is unconnected from the TV series. According to Wikipedia anyway.

The only thing really amazing about it was the last episode, which I won't spoil, but lets just say its where Gurren Lagann got part of its inspiration. Everything else about the show was kind of "meh".

I'm so desensitised I can't remember. It probably ramps up. Or the breast shots ramp up. It is the most breasty show I've seen.

Maken-ki! - 02

Sigh*
I won't bother telling the detailled stats of my counter , but you're right , the PSR are on the decline , while the BSR is rising from the grave.
PSR = panthyshotrate
BSR = breastshotrate.

This episode had a 57% decline in PSR , while a superb 72% increase in BSR.
It should be noted that even with that decline, since the number was soo high in the first episode , it's stilla pretty ridiculous number.

As for the episode itself , as if we're following the generic storyline in every VN , the tsundere trully became a tsundere , the fiance is acting clueless while waiting for her event , the childhood friend is defendless faced with this 2 way attack and tries to stay ahead , but i know already that it's not going to be enough. Adding to the genericness , the protagonist element/power in unknow , implying that he is abnormal . And special , as if it's enouhg to justify this stupid situation but wait ....

wait ...

"he's his son , right ?"

GODDAMN , now we even know that his familly is extra special... i should be ready for maximum plot armor, then .

The show isn't hiding that it is perverted , they aren't even provinding some explanation as of why it's perverted , WHO CARES ?

So this episode , added
-the clueless head nurse
-the optimistic teacher
-the hotblooded teacher
-the shy (not perverted ) student president
^^^^ why is the shy student president there ? is she a part of the harem ? is she gonna change ? will she be a running gag ? considering how blasted in the FACE i was with PSR & BSR i find her character to be a mismatch.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Onimonogatari - 01

Whoa whoa whoa!! Isn't Araragi
still dating Senjougahara? So why did he so freely kiss (quite deeply I might add) Shinobu?! I refuse to believe it was simply to stop her in her jealous rant! Senjougahara will be coming for dat ass Araragi!

Strange too,
usually I get incredibly pissed when a character is two timing, but watching him kiss Shinobu was actually nice to see. RIP morals

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ojamajo Doremi Episodes 11-20

Ended up watching 9 of these with a friend of mine who was curious about it as well. She seems to have gotten hooked on it as well! The power of cute is too strong!

Episodes 17-18 was the standout episodes for me. They got pretty emotional at times, especially
Yada punching Seki in fustration which was pretty hard to watch

I heard that 4Kids ended up dubbing this. Anyone here watch it?
4Kids butchered it and ensured that the show would never achieve popularity in America. :(

If the fan service is bothering you, then I suggest you stop.

Maken-Ki! and ridiculous amount of fanservice go hand in hand.

Anyway, if you're just interested in the cat episode, you can just skip everything to that point. You honestly won't miss out on anything.

Right now , i'm more bothered by the characters than anything.. i'm just making fun of the fanservice .. you'll see when i finish ep 3

Maken-ki! - 03

First things up : the stats

PSR increased by 5% ( seems quite stable )
BSR increased by 17%

It seems sky is the limit

Now i wanted to subject this show to the 3ep rule , and this show passed the test , mostly because they upped their game in ep 3 and promised plenty of things

Maken-Ki%21%20-%2003_01.jpg

Are you ignoring that it's your fault in the first place ?
This episode was mostly a giant character introduction episode ..they had plenty of characters to introduce , and they did so by using all the stupid stuff they could. result is sloppy " omg a bear appeared from nowhere" .. WTF
BUt still the characters introduced have a certain potential , and the fact that there are clear antagonists and a giant mix of people is great , the bath scene actually served to highlight how everyone is and the result was pretty good

The first part of the episode was the duel.i have no problems with the main male having an hidden power , i have no problem with him , since his motives are at least clear to the viewer , but the FS/N shiro attitude need to stop. How many times must they told him that "girls aren't weak" ..how many times must he be protected BEFORE this information is registered ... i clearly hate this facet of his character.

Maken-Ki%21%20-%2003_02.jpg

lol.. a noble cause indeed.

Overall maken-ki is not for the prude that's for sure , rest assured Save 'N Quit i actually hate "hatewatches" so if i'm continuing , it means that it's entertaining enough.

Onimonogatari - 01

Whoa whoa whoa!! Isn't Araragi
still dating Senjougahara? So why did he so freely kiss (quite deeply I might add) Shinobu?! I refuse to believe it was simply to stop her in her jealous rant! Senjougahara will be coming for dat ass Araragi!

Strange too,
usually I get incredibly pissed when a character is two timing, but watching him kiss Shinobu was actually nice to see. RIP morals
Well arararagi is in relationship with both , shinobu is the one he spend his supernatural life with , and the one they will spend their immortal life together .
Senjogahara is the one he spend most of his normal life with and the one he will try to live as a human as long as possible. ( probably until gahara death )
gahara is aware of shinobu existance but it doesn't matter to her , shinobu doesn't mind gahara because she only has to wait until she is gone ( of old age ) to have ararargi to herself , that's the status quo until the writter decide otherwise.
So there is nothing wrong with enjoying shinobu antics/happennings

4Kids didn't "dub" Doremi. They took everything about it transformed it into a horrifying concoction of horrible voice acted characters that scream in your ears every five seconds.

For the love of all that is sacred, just listen to the theme song they made for it!

1343207004904.gif

OMG this is horrible, horrible song.

CorvoSol

Man, I just read the postscript for FMP's last issue and what a stab. The mangaka's all "I really wish a Hollywood movie got made! I mean, CGI robots are all the rage these days, right?"

CorvoSol

They're not only in. They're Pacifim Rin...rim....in?

I get that the reference was to Pacific Rim, but man that part about CGI mechs being mentioned in conjunction with FMP made me frown. If it was a Hollywood movie I would legit pay for many people to go and see it with me.

If it was the level of CGI you find in shit like Nobunaga the Fool, though, I think I'd give Oedipus Rex a run for his money and tear my still-seeing eyes from their sockets.

Well one things for sure. We can guarantee that no one will actually sit through an entire episode of a 4kids dubbed show when we say not to.

I get that the reference was to Pacific Rim, but man that part about CGI mechs being mentioned in conjunction with FMP made me frown. If it was a Hollywood movie I would legit pay for many people to go and see it with me.

If it was the level of CGI you find in shit like Nobunaga the Fool, though, I think I'd give Oedipus Rex a run for his money and tear my still-seeing eyes from their sockets.

Cast already selected:

Sousuke
yu3rJXA.jpg

Chidori
QQRL62t.jpg

Tessa
2ynp2LG.jpg

Kurz
PqkXZHq.jpg

Melissa Mao
up6be0s.jpg

Status