• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Flowers of Evil 8

iHRnFm3XNJpVd.jpg

Well that was an unnecessarily long opening scene.

LOL at Kasuga accidentally doing what he wanted to at the beginning.

CorvoSol

I don't know if anyone noticed this about Gundam Build Fighters 16 yet or not, but in the episode's beginning, the place that Sei meets his dad in his dream
is the same house in the junkyard that Amuro Ray's father lived in in Mobile Suit Gundam. If that doesn't tell you what Sei's subconscious thinks of his dad, I don't know what does.

And the reporter is Fran from Turn A.

cajunator

Banned
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 16

We all knew
this security dude was a snake in the grass, it was so blatantly foreshadowed it's not even a surprising twist.

KILL la KILL 15

...okay, now that's a lewd fucking attack...
literally!

At long last:
Nudist Beach, ladies at gents! In all their glory!

Some absolutely gorgeous fight sequences here.

Wait so...
is Mako x Ira actually becoming a real thing?! DO IT TRIGGER OTP OTP OTP xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Pupa 3

oh god this sound design...brb, vomiting, and not from this shitty show, mind you

Pupipo! 6

how can Po-chan be this fucking cute?!

Space☆Dandy 4

Dandy of the Dead! Easily the best episode yet.

Sakura Trick 3

2KAWAII4ME

i don't know how many times i spat my drink out at the visual gags. My monitor is stained with beer.

HNNNNGGGGGGG it's too much!

Golden Time 15

i can't

fun episode, good the
the ghost get his comeuppance

Mushi-shi 10

That's tough think to watch: putting your heart and soul into something in a last ditch effort to continue your father's legacy, only to have it wreak havoc. Not to worry, though, Dr. Who Ginko's on the case!

That pleases me about Golden Time. Get rid of the baggage. More loco Koko.

Cwarrior

In Real-Pic thread, and One Piece was mentioned. Now I must ask if I should either read or watch the Impel Down arc? I want to finally start my way through One Piece again.

Watch impel down arc it's better then it's manga counter part thanks the magic of great direction and animation(and Kazuki Yao) especially it's climax ending in episode 451 is one the episode there is, in the medium.

cajunator

Banned
tumblr_mup2rhVHNx1qfb777o1_500.gif

5f6yoA5.gif

What hath become of you

sorry. I just dont like it at all.

WHat the heck maken-ki!

You never saw me comment on yozakura quartet panty shots , heck usually panthyshots Don't bother me like, at all.

But damn

11m30s , and i've seen too much ...
The camera angles , the way the girl dress themselves !! It's ....

It's ...So much ...Argh
fizgcfibzb cvalizvcavc iabociezabiabbeza

I got used to horrible haremshit like Green Green and Hanaukyo Maid Team. Bring on the lewd.

lol.

So I want to watch The Eccentric Family or Gundam Build Fighters next.

You choose gaf.

Eccentric Family. It's amazing for everybody. Except weirdooooooooos.

I don't even know what to say about this lol.

He's saying that the idea of people dying and going to purgatory was interesting, but the high school setting for a fucking show that takes place in the afterlife is stupid and a trope of anime that brings down the industry.

i hope he is

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How does this compare to Clannad or I guess Anohana? Will it rain more or less while watching it?
Don't know about Clannad, and I knew the twist really early on, but... I guess it's not much of a spoiler to say that it actually has a big
happy ending where everything is resolved pretty neatly

Saki 14

I guess shadow girl had a good backstory.

Kinda odd I'm routing for this team that came out of nowhere now.
The power of the Saki flashback.

survivor

Banned
Don't know about Clannad, and I knew the twist really early on, but... I guess it's not much of a spoiler to say that it actually has a big
happy ending where everything is resolved pretty neatly
Heaps less. I'm not even sure if it will rain at all. Didn't for me, exception one time early on.
Well that's very disappointing. One less title to be added to the backlog then.

Jarmel

Banned
I get that the reference was to Pacific Rim, but man that part about CGI mechs being mentioned in conjunction with FMP made me frown. If it was a Hollywood movie I would legit pay for many people to go and see it with me.

If it was the level of CGI you find in shit like Nobunaga the Fool, though, I think I'd give Oedipus Rex a run for his money and tear my still-seeing eyes from their sockets.

There was a rumor awhile back about them trying to do a Hollywood film and were looking at Zac Effron as Sousuke but that died out.

CorvoSol

There was a rumor awhile back about them trying to do a Hollywood film and were looking at Zac Effron as Sousuke but that died out.

Right, the joke at the end was both a stab at that and Pacific Rim, since the last issue of Sigma came out just last November.

It's a slim slim chance, but since the Light Novels and Manga both wrapped up, and FMP is making a comeback in Super Robot Wars Z3 (have I mentioned how hilariously hyped I am for that, by the way? So fucking hyped. I mean we're talking Gundam Unicorn, Gurren Lagann, AND Full Metal Panic! in one game. The fact that The Second Raid is listed under the first installment of Z3 has me hoping against hope for Sigma's plot to be adapted into 3.2, since it'd be a fucking WASTE to do FMP again and not use the ARX-8 or Belial), I have this tiny, eensy, weensy little spark of hope that something is coming.

cajunator

Banned
Maken-ki! - 01

Sorry about before, i needed a reason for explaining what i think about this episode

You have two possible reactions to this episode , you either "facepalm" or you do this :

This "anime" ( is it an anime ? i'm not sure ) PSR so high that's regular animes are left in the dust , even "risqué anime like to love-ru can't compete .i'm watching a LOT of shows , even the VN adaptations and i haven't seen something nearly close to this number .
For those wondering PSR = PanthyShotRate aka how many panthyshots by minute are showed.
In all the years i've seen anime , no anime registered a number that high
I've seen hentai animes with a worse number, this is just ...just ...just . argh

Maken-ki! on appearance , if you judge it by his plot is fairly simple . the setting is a magical school that was all girls until now , It's now co-ed and our protagonist enrolls ( without knowing about the magic itself ), get mixed in unfortunate events and build a harem so fast that i'm not sure if the 3 piece room he lives in will be enough and that's just the first episode.

Just in the first episode , we have the childhood friend , the fiance , the tsundere , the tomboy , the fate rival, the happy-go-lucky headmaster... and seriously ? i had to move in fast forward during the second part.

I have no problem with pandering anime , i have no problem with generic setting/plots i honnestly think i have a very high tolerance for this sh*t.
But maken-ki is pushing thing a bit too far 'ill try to continue , and i hope things will change ...

One thing for sure , if i watch this , my PSR calculator is gonna break.

More panties than Najica and Agent Aika? I hiiiiiiiiiiighly doubt that.

Might start watching/reading D-Frag! just for this girl.

If the fan service is bothering you, then I suggest you stop.

Maken-Ki! and ridiculous amount of fanservice go hand in hand.

Anyway, if you're just interested in the cat episode, you can just skip everything to that point. You honestly won't miss out on anything.

Same. Started watching d-frag but I was super tired and just never got far in it.

cajunator

Banned
Onimonogatari - 01

Whoa whoa whoa!! Isn't Araragi
still dating Senjougahara? So why did he so freely kiss (quite deeply I might add) Shinobu?! I refuse to believe it was simply to stop her in her jealous rant! Senjougahara will be coming for dat ass Araragi!

Strange too,
usually I get incredibly pissed when a character is two timing, but watching him kiss Shinobu was actually nice to see. RIP morals

Who can resist a loli vampire really?

Yes. The show is pretty good.

tumblr_mzdi6sJjD31rkqehto1_500.gif

Oh my squeeing god

Branduil

I enjoy reading your impressions, but I can never tell whether you're enjoying the shows you watch.

It's no fun to give things away before it's over.

Or if I forget they can always look at my Hummingbird later and find my review in easily-digestible numeric score form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom