• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Will we ever know the final per-volume averages for C3-bu?
Still has two more volumes to go, but through 5 out of 7 it's sitting at about 235. From something's data page:
Code:
1	7	267	2013/09/18	Summer	Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-bu
2	7	228	2013/10/16	Summer	Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-bu
3	7	0	2013/11/20	Summer	Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-bu
4	7	0	2013/12/18	Summer	Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-bu
5	7	211	2014/01/15	Summer	Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-bu
6	7		2014/02/19	Summer	Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-bu
7	7		2014/03/19	Summer	Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-bu

cnet128

Banned
Samurai Flamenco vol.2 -- 281 BDs, <320 DVDs

Still has two more volumes to go, but through 5 out of 7 it's sitting at about 235. From something's data page:
Code:
1	7	267	2013/09/18	Summer	Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-bu
2	7	228	2013/10/16	Summer	Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-bu
3	7	0	2013/11/20	Summer	Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-bu
4	7	0	2013/12/18	Summer	Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-bu
5	7	211	2014/01/15	Summer	Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-bu
6	7		2014/02/19	Summer	Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-bu
7	7		2014/03/19	Summer	Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-bu

What did these great shows do to deserve this D:

That delicious Archer.

Pretty hyped. Going to be weird, I'll probably be partway through the game when the anime starts airing.

Wasn't there a Vita port coming out or am I thinking of Ayesha? If there isn't one now it'll probably be announced sometime soon after.

Ayesha's getting a Vita port. No reason that Escha and Logy wouldn't get one next year.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Strange+ Episode 4:

Strange is a good word to use for this series and it is not often we get see a Takahashi's Castle homage thrown into the mix. Though this series attempts at coherency are just getting annoying now.

Branduil

Witch Craft Works - Episode 4

Hey guys what's going on her--

MXpF62N.png

--oh okay.

Lol.

That level was such a pain.

cnet128

Banned
Nagi no Asu Kara 17

Oh man, seeing Miuna
joining the others in the underwater world
was even more satisfying than I expected. Sogood. Oh, and Hikari
being the one to say she should come along with them on their mission
was nice too. It's always good to see him not being an insensitive ass who stomps all over Miuna's feelings.

And then there's the Sayu side of things. Miuna may be the one who's been getting tons of development and
an ena of her very own
and all that, but since the start of the series Sayu has always been my favourite of the two younger girls, and I'm still totally rooting for her. My heart was just about ready to explode when
she came face to face with Kaname again for the second time and realised she couldn't let go of her feelings for him
. God help me if she isn't the most adorable thing in the world.

Kaname himself is of course just as charming as ever...and just as intensely focused on Chisaki to the exclusion of all else as ever. He strikes me as less of an oblivious moron than Hikari, though, so hopefully he'll actually figure out that Sayu has feelings for him one of these days, and then reconsider his position. Because anyone who can turn down Sayu officially has no heart. NONE.

Mikakunin de Shinkoukei 4

This show is at its best when it focuses on Hakuya and the kuudere romcom. I don't care much for the moe girls comedy as I've seen that a million times.

As to the revelations this episode
so are they werewolves? First she remembers some fur during that time, then hakuya has inhuman speed and morphed somewhat into an animal blob when he ran, the sister makes a note of it, and then they don't know how to break the news about their family as they are 'half-assed beings". So yeah if they're not some animal-like creature i have no clue why they'd give all these hints

Mikakunin de Shinkoukei 4

This show is at its best when it focuses on Hakuya and the kuudere romcom. I don't care much for the moe girls comedy as I've seen that a million times.

As to the revelations this episode
so are they werewolves? First she remembers some fur during that time, then hakuya has inhuman speed and morphed somewhat into an animal blob when he ran, the sister makes a note of it, and then they don't know how to break the news about their family as they are 'half-assed beings". So yeah if they're not some animal-like creature i have no clue why they'd give all these hints

Huh, I didn't catch any of that.

Huh, I didn't catch any of that.

they were pretty blunt about it. If it wasn't for
the sister's comment along the lines of "he might be fast but that looked weird, then again I didn't have my glasses on" and the furry flashback she remembered, then kobeni saying she was reminded of a dog when she saw him as she was sleeping and both of them gasped, then of course the 'half assed beings' and running all the way from the mountains.
like i said it might not be exactly what I said but they had too many hints. I for one would not mind if this were the route the show went as it'd add some Spice to this show.

Well, we now have a vague idea of how Samurai Flamenco and Coppelion are doing sales-wise thanks to a low enough extended sales threshold for their latest volumes to finally show up on the charts:

http://www.someanithing.com/?p=698

Samurai Flamenco vol.2 -- 281 BDs, <320 DVDs
Coppelion vol.3 -- 277 BDs, <320 DVDs

So the earlier volumes for those series were probably just a bit better than those numbers.

Also, Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge clocks in with a fantastic final per-volume average of 295.

Magi selling only 4,077 really is a steep drop from the 1st season.

Happy to see more sales for NNB and KLK almost breaking the 10k line.

Updated Fall V1 sales

Serious

Brah you crazy. Ranka is just a notch behind Minmay as worst Macross girl. The best part about Macross F was how you could tell they were pushing Ranka as the main girl but over the course of the show Sheryl took the lead role because she was the better girl and she was selling the merch.

Sheryl
was the best girl by far and she won as she should have.
Amen. Their chemistry was always off for me as well. Alto felt way more like a supportive older brother figure to Ranka than a romantic interest. Though I do think Ranka improved a bit in the movies.

Strange + 4

This show is strange all right. Why does the nii-san look so much like a girl? Why does he make expressions like a girl? Why does he dress like a girl?

WHY DOES THE OLDER LOOKING BROTHER CARE. Also there wasn't enough hijinks this episode. So it was meh.

Strange + 4

This show is strange all right. Why does the nii-san look so much like a girl? Why does he make expressions like a girl? Why does he dress like a girl?

WHY DOES THE OLDER LOOKING BROTHER CARE. Also there wasn't enough hijinks this episode. So it was meh.

Nii-san and his brother are the best.
I dont know why one is questioning these things in a series called Strange+. Especially with those end card images at times (ep2's was it, definitely the strangest).

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Strange + 4

This too has been bothering me, it is like they intended for him to be a her until the very last second.

Serious

Escha & Logy anime website http://atelier-ps3.jp/escha-logy/anime/

("cleaner" and cropped key visual: http://moca-news.net/article/20140130/201401301840a/image001.html)

From what I can tell the cast for Escha & Logy is the same as the game's.

Staff:

Director: Yoshiaki Iwasaki
Series Composition: Tatsuhiko Urahata
Screenplay: Tatsuhiko Urahata, Tatsuya Takahashi, Yoriko Tomita
Character Design, Animation Director: Keiya Nakano
Monster Design: Etsunobu Iwanaga
Art Director: Chikako Shibata
Color scheme: Matsuoka Tamae (might be a typo?)
Director of Photography: Yasuhiro Akamatsu
Editing: Masahiro Goto
Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
Animation Production: Studio Gokumi

Source: http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/798/798133/

Not sure how much I like the character designs, but I can live with them. Staff looks solid, Urahata's pretty good.

fertygo

Witch Craft Works - 04

This is just amazing, oh my god that giant stuffed doll fight..

Anime of the season, based Mizushima etc.

Magi The Kingdom of Magic - Episode 16

So all in all, there is not one
good leader
in this story. Every single one of them have a twisted goal.
Hakuryuu's mom wants to rule everything, the director of magic hates everything that isn't magic, the little blond girl hasn't shown her intentions yet but her darker side seems to come out more and more with every new report she receives, and Sinbad hasn't shown his true intentions yet either but he has shown to mess around with a few of the kingdoms somewhat

Not really sure what could be done about the
5th level citizens
. It seems like they have crappy lives, but they mostly live without working. Also, it seems
Titus
only cares about
Marga and not every other citizen of the 5th level. Like the director said, "what about the other 199,999 citizens?"

So what's your favorite anime so far this season guys? For me it has to be Noragami. Everything has been flawless and has been pointing to Yato being a new Gintoki. Plus the OST so far has me in love.

CorvoSol

Getter Robo 36

I'm not gonna lie, the Dinosaur Empire has the wackiest mechanical designs ever. It's a good thing they don't have a concept of money, because the sheer amount they'd be wasting on these stupid things is staggering. As it is, a limited resource place like the Dinosaur Empire should've run out of metal to build Mechasaurs that would blow up on their first sortie a long, long time ago.

Mechasaurs have a worse track record than frickin' Mobile Armors.

Articalys

IIRC, Magi already had some steeps drops from volume to volume in the first season.
Magi anime sales are a hilarious history of declining numbers.
Code:
1	10	16,625	2013/01/30	Fall	Magi
2	10	12,625	2013/02/06	Fall	Magi
3	10	7,296	2013/02/27	Fall	Magi
4	10	6,279	2013/03/27	Fall	Magi
5	10	5,357	2013/04/24	Fall	Magi
6	10	4,823	2013/05/22	Fall	Magi
7	10	4,325	2013/06/26	Fall	Magi
8	10	4,983	2013/07/24	Fall	Magi
9	10	4,703	2013/08/21	Fall	Magi
10	10	3,895	2013/09/25	Fall	Magi
Even with an event ticket the v1w1 for season 2 failed to sell more than the ninth volume of season 1. And considering how far S1 sales had dropped by that point, that's impressive.

cnet128

Banned
Silver Spoon S2 4

Enter the most insufferable ojousama character I've ever seen. It's okay, though, because she's a total failure so we can all laugh at her. Ohohohohohoho!

Also Marron is bestest horse.

Midonin

Samurai Flamenco 15

After Super Hero War EX wraps up, where to go?
I will give them credit, that was a creative use of rocket punch. Though we're apparently Tiger & Bunny meets some sort of Watchmen/Civil War story now. I am glad that Mister Justice is more like a Silver Age superhero (he seems stabler than Mr. Legend, at least), the whole thing about false flags is the first time I've truly gone "What?" at this show. I'm okay with a regular toku show, but this feels a lot like so many American blockbuster movies as of late.

So let's see where it goes.

Articalys

"Due to production issues, Kill La Kill episode 16 will launch approximately 12 hours later. Thank you for your patience and continued support."

And I'm still not sure if I should be blaming Aniplex US or Crunchyroll for this.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
"Due to production issues, Kill La Kill episode 16 will launch approximately 12 hours later. Thank you for your patience and continued support."

And I'm still not sure if I should be blaming Aniplex US or Crunchyroll for this.

Yeah its ridiculous. I wonder what causes all these delays. Considering its only a problem with KLK I doubt its on CR's end.

So what's your favorite anime so far this season guys? For me it has to be Noragami. Everything has been flawless and has been pointing to Yato being a new Gintoki. Plus the OST so far has me in love.

If its like Gintama, then you have piqued my interests. My only question is, does this have romance in it? I would love to watch an action comedy, but I don't think I'd like if it had romance in it. I've only seen 1 pic of the anime, but it seem'd kinda romancey.

duckroll

Well Aniplex USA has the episode up on Daisuki, complete with subs in every available language except English! I just watched it there.

Midonin

Z/X Ignition 04

I can see why Fierite is technically a fallen angel/rebellious angel, because the angels of the White World seem kinda dickish. The barriers, knew something like that would have to happen. Something tells me Aina is going to be the linchpin for a plot development down the line, since she keeps running into everybody else on the edges of the story.

Articalys

Well Aniplex USA has the episode up on Daisuki, complete with subs in every available language except English! I just watched it there.
Oh, okay. I just wasn't sure what the eventual conclusion was from the discussion before about who sources subtitles from whom, but I guess in this case Daisuki sources English subtitles from Crunchyroll, and the whole Aniplex-provided subs isn't a thing for any shows this season.

cnet128

Banned
Sakura Trick 4

My, my, Haruka, aren't you popular! A golden-haired girl on each arm...wait, I'm getting flashbacks to KinMoza...

This episode also made me finally learn the two least interesting girls' names. Thank you, Mitsuki-kaichou, for getting Yuzu's name wrong all those times so that I could get it right. Your sacrifice will not be in vain(?) ...It also helps that the show keeps using their namesakes as symbols.

Haruka and Yuu are still the stars of this show, though. So much delicious kissing. This show is a miracle.

e_i

A lot of delays. SYD got delayed, Chuu2 Ren got delayed, Lately, Mys Sister Has Been Acting Unusual is being moved cause it's too smutty, and now KlK.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam 35

This episode is the first time we see Princess Mineva Zabi. She's just a baby, and not important at all yet, but it's kind of interesting how her father's concern for her has some of the longest lasting effects in the history of the series. If Dozle had been a worse father, his daughter would have died at Solomon. The cruel, terrible flip side to that is that if Mineva Zabi had died as a child, the line of Zabi would have been broken, Haman's bid for power would've been much, much harder to follow through on, and countless lives would've been saved.

Then again, Spacenoids are all such flaming morons that the flocked to Char Aznable as their new king, even though he had slaughtered half the Zabi family with his bare hands, so maybe Haman would've risen to power anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom