• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Yozakura Quartet Hana no Uta adapts up to chapter 50 of the manga. The first episode of Tsuki ni Naku covers chapters 57-58 of the manga, while the remaining two episodes will likely cover chapters 59-62, which is when that arc ends. So there's a "gap" in the sense that there are a few chapters they're not adapting, but they also skipped some stuff out between ep8 and ep9 (excluding Hoshi no Umi) so it doesn't mean much. They probably won't be "filling" that gap, since the anime original festival at the end of the series conveys the same sort of "relaxation after the storm" stuff that those chapters did.

I think that if they do another TV series, they'll probably go back and adapt the flashback arc they skipped earlier on, about the origins of how the land gods settled in the town, and their relation to the past generation of characters. It's pretty interesting background stuff.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Super late to new thread. ;_;

Come on Winter, and bring us the purity that we've so desperately needed!

Syrinx

Aikatsu! 16

Ichigo gettin' that work in.

So, assuming she knocks this out of the park...wonder what will be next, and how the other three will factor in. I could do without Otome. But does Aoi still have that role in that Naughty Detectives show (note: would like to see more drama auditions; the one for that was the interesting one)? And what about Ran?

Also I thought the Premium cards were one of a kind. Why did Mizuki and Ichigo have the same outfit?

The World God Only Knows Goddesses 3-4

Shiori!

AtKgINp.jpg

That was so funny! I love her. Elsie has been best girl for a while, but always loved Shiori. Haqua has earned some more points this season, and there's just something about Chihiro that I love, but can't quite put my finger on it.

Tsukiyo is adorable as well, still pissed we didn't get full episodes of her conquest, Yui, and the other girls!

Enjoying this a lot so far, weird to see Keima not playing so much PFP though.

Thoraxes

The World God Only Knows Goddesses 3-4

Shiori!

That was so funny! I love her. Elsie has been best girl for a while, but always loved Shiori. Haqua has earned some more points this season, and there's just something about Chihiro that I love, but can't quite put my finger on it.

Tsukiyo is adorable as well, still pissed we didn't get full episodes of her conquest, Yui, and the other girls!

Enjoying this a lot so far, weird to see Keima not playing so much PFP though.

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU

Finished watching it and it ended up being very disappointing. I mean the early start was decent and fun, pretty much just a Yankee-kun to Megane-chan, but Hachiman being a far more interesting character than Adachi or Shinagawa. Then there was also the goddess best girl Yukino. But then as I kept watching I realized what a horrible character Yukino is, especially during the festival arc. Inconsiderate asshole and doesn't even care that she was the one that started the whole divide with the committee chairman. Also all the "serious" parts are just bad, really bad. Pretty much everything regarding the car accident and Yukino's family was just awful to watch. No originality and very contrived drama.

Also the complete non-ending or even any sort of resolution is disappointing, but I guess it's expected given this is another LN adaptation. Oh well, I will watch a second season if it ever happens, but my expectations are very low.

I thought the anime adaptation was extremely rushed but it was by far one of the better shows I watched this year.

Digimon Xros Wars 54

I guess to give it credit, I fairly enjoyed seeing the giant battle. Cause you know this is probably the first time since the first episode where this whole army vs. army thing actually happens instead of one ugly sentai monster comes in and sweeps stuff.

And then, it decides to beat the final boss by FUSING everybody cause I guess we got to make damn use of the fusion thing for the damn last time. So whatever. 24 more bad episodes to go.

Actually you've just finished the good part

There is a reason why the second arc that should have been +50 eps only did 20+

Quasar

holy shit bones has saved anime so hard you dont even know

people tend to grow taller until they reach maturity

Kind of surprised people aren't also raging about that new Nagi no Asukara key art that has variable aging amongst the characters.

wonzo

Banned
can't wait for all the salt from people complaining space dandy really isn't like cowboy bebop

Kind of surprised people aren't also raging about that new Nagi no Asukara key art that has variable aging amongst the characters.
I think that's because everyone knows better than to care about consistency in anything Mari Okada's involved with.

Yozakura Quartet: Tsuki ni Naku 1
FUCK. FUCK. FUCK.
[X] TOUCH THE FLUFF OUTTA THAT TAIL

The lewd is off the charts with this OVA and it looks like the real meat of this arc is going to be in the next episode. Tomoe DA GODDESS though oh my god I've got to let off some steam.

cnet128

Banned

That one seems fairly justifiable, though, since if there's going to be a timeskip, it seems likely to coincide with
the whole hibernation thing actually happening, in which case the sea people's metabolisms could quite easily be slowed to the point of halting their aging for a few years.

Actually, now I come to think of it, that's kind of genius, because it would result in
Sayu and Miuna closing their age gap with the other characters somewhat, quite possibly allowing them to become proper contenders in the love polygon. If Manaka is really gone for good (;_;), the existing love chain is going to kind of fall apart, so SOMEONE needs to step in and fill the void!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

FUCK. FUCK. FUCK.

The lewd is off the charts with this OVA and it looks like the real meat of this arc is going to be in the next episode. Tomoe DA GODDESS though oh my god I've got to let off some steam.

Fluffy.

kiryogi

Banned

FUCK. FUCK. FUCK.

Dem Chibi Yae scenes @ the onsen. Dear lord.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
http://i.minus.com/iJixRvNL7XJp9.jpg

Lewd.

Space Battleship Yamato - 8

I wish the alien designs were a little more complex than just green humans/elves but oh well it's not a big deal.

I'm glad to see there is some actual science in this science fiction anime.

survivor

Banned
Nisemonogatari 3
4trej9D.jpg
xcOf9xq.jpg

I really liked the red filters they were using for these scenes

Very good episode only because Senjougahara showing why she is the best girl. Also is writing words on characters eyes a new gimmick by Shaft or did they do that for Bake? Been noticing it a lot in these episodes.

Quasar

The World God Only Knows Goddesses

With the Batman watching this, I'm wondering just what the chances of more of the manga getting turned into anime. How did goddesses sell?

The World God Only Knows Goddesses

With the Batman watching this, I'm wondering just what the chances of more of the manga getting turned into anime. How did goddesses sell?

Hell, I wouldn't mind them going backwards and adapting all the damn girls they skipped to go into goddess!

j0QQ3QR.gif

Quasar

Hell, I wouldn't mind them going backwards and adapting all the damn girls they skipped to go into goddess!

Wouldn't that be unlikely? I mean I assume they skipped all that in part because they did not want to do new characters.

That said I agree. I preferred the earlier stuff to the epic worldshaking events of the Goddesses arc.

The World God Only Knows Goddess 5-6

That Yui's voice. Reminds me of Makoto a bit, that tomboyish charm. I'm pretty sure it was Yui that sang the ending theme this episode too! Love how they're having all the girls sing it :D

Also. LOL

Then we have Shiori episode again! Yay! Loved how he kept wearing that to help move Shiori along. Out of all Season 1 kisses, Shiori's was done best with all the floating books around. Her story was super cute too. Her Goddess is less cute, but it's keeping things going!

Now I don't know which I like better, Yui ending, or Shiori ending ;__;

Wouldn't that be unlikely? I mean I assume they skipped all that in part because they did not want to do new characters.

That said I agree. I preferred the earlier stuff to the epic worldshaking events of the Goddesses arc.

Oh, super unlikely. Doesn't mean I still wouldn't love seeing it!

I mean, they at least briefly animated the other girls. I guess they just felt they needed to get caught up. :(

Syrinx

Aikatsu 16

The uniforms were so bad that Ichigo cried. The end.

For some reason, I am afraid of what Otome the Creamhorn Lemonade puts in her food, because she is full of love.
Again, aren't those Premium cards supposed to be one of a kind? Why do they have the same one?

And yeah, the outfits aren't that great.

yami4ct

Valvrave: END

Finally had a chance to catch the final two episodes. You know what? Despite all the hate online, I really enjoyed them. It didn't work completely on a plot level. There are still a lot of loose ends that are either left dangling or are really loosely tied together, but for all the had to wrap up I think it worked quite well. I'm also surprised how well it worked on an emotional level. The friendship between L-Elf and Haruto was really the focus for the second half of the show, and I think they pulled it off nicely in that case. Overall, I'm surprised how much I liked this show. It should have been a hot mess, but ended up working quite well. It was at least better than most of the crap Sunrise throws into Gundam now, so that's good.

Ok, so now to catch up on KLK and Space Dandy on Saturday. Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom