• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yamato 26 END

wave_of_feels-18739.gif

Anime of 2013 without a shadow of doubt. I loved it. Thank you Anime-GAF so much for letting me discover this anime!

For a minute their I was thinking they were going to pull a Last of Us and to be frank a depressing ending of forsaking humanity to save the life of a loved one. I do find that type of ending actually a bit sweet as well because I wanted Kodai and Yuki to be together more than anything. However the show has a really happy ending and for once I absolutely love it. It made sense too!

I think you guys know who my favourite characters were (names begin with a K and Y) but they were also some more that were close like XO Sanada, Yamamoto, and the doctor :)

You spoiled the ending of Last of Us to me. =(

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Tonari No Seki-Kun 1

This anime is the biggest evidence against having large class sizes. Look at all the room for abuse!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Tonari No Seki-Kun 1

This anime is the biggest evidence against having large class sizes. Look at all the room for abuse!

Reminds me how the two of them are stuck in the back of the room and in the corner, which is like the most anime trope ever but its use is vital for the premise of this entire show.

The show should totally end with the teacher reassigning seats and both of them being moved to the middle of the first row and the gags die :(

cnet128

Banned
Nobunaga The Fool 1

I don't even know what the hell I just watched, but if Miyano Mamoru is going to go on a world-conquering spree in a Sugita mech, I am not about to complain.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Super Sonico The Animation Episode 1:

So this is what the blandest brand of wallpaper paste looks like in anime form, I guess I will give them kudos for using actual adults in this series, but beyond that it is so insubstantial.

Now go vote!

As someone said, Kodai fucking deserved it for everything he's done, I don't think there's anything wrong with that, and there was still sacrifice involved anyway

Just thinking about all the times Kodai went to save Yuki it just would have been too sad to have
Yuki dead. Especially since he has no family either. I agree, he fucking deserved it in the best way possible

You spoiled the ending of Last of Us to me. =(

Oh nooooo, I'm so sorry.

cnet128

Banned
Tonari no Seki-kun 1

Not that I've seen many, but this is the first super-short anime I've seen where the episode actually felt like exactly the right length. Loved it. Almost a Nichijou vibe going on here.

Mature

Detective Conan 271:
The debut of another new opening, which is pretty good, better than the last few have been (although it feels like these openings are coming faster and faster now). The return of Jodie was quite welcome, and I think the voice actress is bothering me a little less now, although I still wish she was a little more fluent in English. Jodie teasing Megure about his pronunciations is always good for a laugh. Conan being a bit confused about things is fun, too, and Ran is rather preoccupied with all of the stuff relating to Akai.
I loved when that OP popped up because it meant no more Winter Bells. That one really grated on me. Plus "I can't stop my love for you" is a good one in general.

kiryogi

Banned
Just thinking about all the times Kodai went to save Yuki it just would have been too sad to have
Yuki dead. Especially since he has no family either. I agree, he fucking deserved it in the best way possible

Oh nooooo, I'm so sorry.

That said, Yuki was a very strong female lead. Not often very damsel in distress.
She'd find a way out or was able to at least shake things up. I really did love the fact that they made her so capable

I loved when that OP popped up because it meant no more Winter Bells. That one really grated on me. Plus "I can't stop my love for you" is a good one in general.

I didn't mind Winter Bells so much. It certainly was surprising for me that it was replaced after just 12 episodes. Although I definitely think I can't stop my love for you is an improvement. But I think I was spoiled by getting Truth and Girigiri Chop back to back, because nothing else seems to compare to those songs so far.

Narag

Gundam Build Fighters 13

NmfoJcHl.png

pe15Ssll.png

CZspOmP.png

This was funnier than what was intended.

Huh, who knew Space Dandy would be the second most nonsensical thing I watched all week? I'm so glad this is back so I can enjoy anime again. <3

That said, Yuki was a very strong female lead. Not often very damsel in distress.
She'd find a way out or was able to at least shake things up. I really did love the fact that they made her so capable

She definitely was but I was really pissed when
she threw her life away by defending the other girl albeit then I didn't know she would come back alive but still. I know she is very caring and considerate but that was stupid. There was no way that girl was going to survive unless Kodai did something but for once he did jack shit and just stood there behind cover.

Mature

I didn't mind Winter Bells so much. It certainly was surprising for me that it was replaced after just 12 episodes. Although I definitely think I can't stop my love for you is an improvement. But I think I was spoiled by getting Truth and Girigiri Chop back to back, because nothing else seems to compare to those songs so far.
Oh yeah, haha. I watched Giri Giri Chop every time despite it being a bunch of reused animation from OPs. I always thought it was so funny that they had the live-action interwoven in it, too.

Funi got Buddy Complex so I can finally watch.

Buddy Complex comes from the studio that brought you Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Code Geass, and Escaflowne. The series will be begin streaming on our site TODAY at 10pm ET for our EVS members. The series will air on Mondays at 10pm ET going forward, available first for EVS members and then for free streaming a week later. - http://funimation.com/buddy-complex

When are we electing the hottest AnimeGAF members
Cause dat cnet

Oikawa and Kuroo would no doubt rank high.

Is this in English? If so, can someone tell me what the hell it means? I'm not sure I want to know (OK, in fact I'm fairly certain I don't) but I don't think I've seen more incomprehensible gibberish in my life:

Crunchyroll said:
I, Ex-Middle Two Syndrome sufferer (“Chuunibyou”) AKA Yota Togashi and current MTS sufferer Rikka Takanashi, have happily exchanged the vows of truth (we’re going out), and I am enjoying life IRL to the fullest... Or at least, I should be. Yes, I really should be. If it wasn’t for the game-changing appearance of my best friend from my previous middle school, super powerful MTS sufferer Sophia Ring SP Saturn VII AKA Satone Shichimiya! What in the world should I do now?! And thus, the battle of The Devil VS The Evil Eye begins!

Is this in English? If so, can someone tell me what the hell it means? I'm not sure I want to know (OK, in fact I'm fairly certain I don't) but I don't think I've seen more incomprehensible gibberish in my life:

Translated:

I'm going out with this girl and I should be enjoying it, if it wasn't for the arrival of my friend who is a girl which I also like and is also my best friend. Should I pull a Makoto?

Mature

It's the sound of Hyoka not being licensed.

Syrinx

Full Metal Panic! 14

Quit whining Chidori. Summer doesn't last one fucking day. And you got to control an AS. That's fucking cool and you know that deep down.

Anyway, mech games sound pretty flippant, but hey, why not use them to play ping pong when you're not at war?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gais stop making me want to watch Saki, y'all know I don't have time for all those episodes!

*quietly adds it to backlog*
Man, you know, watching Saki and Saki Side-A together would be a special experience. One has shounen pacing and the other is paced like an ESPN Highlight Reel.

Buddy Complex 1

Well, this seems pretty legit. I can certainly see where the Terminator comparisons are coming from, though they break down pretty quickly (the Terminator didn't
come from the future by accident
, and Terminator sure didn't involve anyone getting
dragged back into the future
...)
Sarah Connor Chronicles

Yeah, pretty much Sarah Connor Chronicles. Complete with female Terminator (Terminatrix? Whatever). It was such a cool cliffhanger too!

Winter 2014 Simulcast &#8211; Buddy Complex, Nobunagun, and NO-RIN Join the Line-Up

We&#8217;ve added three more shows to our 2014 Winter Simulcast line-up: Buddy Complex, Nobunagan, and NO-RIN. Here&#8217;s a little information about each below.

Buddy Complex comes from the studio that brought you Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Code Geass, and Escaflowne. The series will be begin streaming on our site TODAY at 10pm ET for our EVS members. The series will air on Mondays at 10pm ET going forward, available first for EVS members and then for free streaming a week later.

Nobunagun will be simulcasting Sundays at 10am ET on http://funimation.com/nobunagun. The first episode will be available to watch on our site later this afternoon.

No scheduling for NO-RIN.

Oddly enough, Funi's is streaming Nobunagan (huh, really not Nobunagun?) before Crunchy will.

Guess the Nobunagan was a typo lol.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Nobunagun 1

Unexpectedly sakuga, and it's not by Kawamori so it made reasonable sense. So far the superior Nobunaga adaption!

Cosmicblizzard will like

Mushishi Special

It's all been said before but what's one more "fucking brilliant"? The atmosphere, the music, the one-off characters that you feel attached are all still here and better than ever. I'm going to need to rewatch the first season to prepare for the second, what a great year this is going to be.

CorvoSol

Full Metal Panic! 14

Quit whining Chidori. Summer doesn't last one fucking day. And you got to control an AS. That's fucking cool and you know that deep down.

Anyway, mech games sound pretty flippant, but hey, why not use them to play ping pong when you're not at war?

Hey man, in FMP the Cold War isn't over, so you gotta always be ready to use your mechs to help America fight the Ruskies . . . in a game of Ping Pong.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I was clearing out some files when I came across this 2013 screenshot and I just had to repost it, because it really was the hilarious use of the lewd lasers in all of 2013.

qPEcms2.jpg

madp

The Light of El Cantare

It means "stay the hell away from this show".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom